Hydaelyn Role-Players
FINAL FANTASY 7 REMAKE - Printable Version

+- Hydaelyn Role-Players (https://ffxiv-roleplayers.com/mybb18)
+-- Forum: Off-Topic (https://ffxiv-roleplayers.com/mybb18/forumdisplay.php?fid=42)
+--- Forum: Off-Topic Discussion (https://ffxiv-roleplayers.com/mybb18/forumdisplay.php?fid=14)
+--- Thread: FINAL FANTASY 7 REMAKE (/showthread.php?tid=12084)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15

RE: FINAL FANTASY 7 REMAKE - Griffith! - 06-15-2015

(06-15-2015, 11:06 PM)Blue Wrote: EDIT: The best news of this announcement is that we can look forward to a collaboration event. Sephy's outfit, please gimme.
This. Did not think of this. Now, I'm hoping for awesome.

RE: FINAL FANTASY 7 REMAKE - TheLastCandle - 06-15-2015

(06-15-2015, 10:50 PM)Ryanti Wrote:
(06-15-2015, 10:45 PM)Edda Wrote: Don't give up hope! There have been rumors that they were planning on it, and if not tomorrow during the SE conference, maybe during TGS? I'm SURE it will happen, it's just a question of when!

Trying not to! But with XV coming out, and now a VII Remake, I don't know if they would have the assets necessary for a XII HD release. If not because of financing or manpower, because of marketing. I can't help but think that VII pushed a XII HD release back.

But we'll see. Square has yet to have their conference. Now I won't be able to sleep. Frustrated

Yeah, Nintendo and SE are the two conferences I've most been looking forward to. I'm hoping the recently announced DQ8 3DS remake is announced as being westward bound. Still holding out hope for the DQ7 one as well, but it's been soooo long now.

Basically I'm hoping for Dragon Quest stuff more so than Final Fantasy at SE's conference. But FF12 HD would make me VERY happy.

RE: FINAL FANTASY 7 REMAKE - Edgar - 06-15-2015

Edda Wrote: Please do not expect me to write out something ridiculous like "If Square Enix Japan Division 1, currently headed by Ito can pull it off" or some such nonsense.

I don't, because you could just say "Dev team".

It doesn't bleed into the other projects like "SE" does, while still being just vague enough to work.

RE: FINAL FANTASY 7 REMAKE - McBeefâ„¢ - 06-15-2015

I'm just gonna say it is being made by Japan.

I really hope Japan does a good job on this game.

TAKE THAT EDGAR.

RE: FINAL FANTASY 7 REMAKE - Ryanti - 06-15-2015

(06-15-2015, 11:18 PM)Natalie Mcbeef Wrote: I'm just gonna say it is being made by Japan.

I'm going to say it is being made by the Orient. Also known as the Far East.

I really hope the Orient (Also known as the Far East) does a good job on this game.

(06-15-2015, 11:18 PM)Natalie Mcbeef Wrote: I'm just gonna say it is being made by Japan.

TAKE THAT EDGAR.

This post almost put a smile on my face.

Good thing that'll never happen. The universe might explode, or something.

(06-15-2015, 11:20 PM)Ryanti Wrote:

I really hope the Orient (Also known as the Far East) does a good job on this game.

Well, I for one hope (*credits roll for about 15-20 minutes*) all perform to the best of their collective abilities to make this a quality FF7 rehash.

RE: FINAL FANTASY 7 REMAKE - Kellach Woods - 06-15-2015

(06-15-2015, 10:14 PM)Edda Wrote: Holy shit people, if you actually like Final Fantasy the series there is no reason to NOT be excited for this port. If Square Enix can actually pull this off (hurrr >implying), then it will mean nothing but good news for the series. After the ass disaster that was FFXIII and it's ilk, SE has been much more responsive to fan feedback, and if they get enough thumbs up for revisiting and remaking older games, who's to stop them from doing more? Now get those rods out of your butts and be happy, I mean - it could have been a port to the iOS for Chrissake, and that would have been good cause to be upset.

FF6 will never get a proper remake because Japan hates it. MQ will never get a proper remake because EVERYONE ELSE BUT ME hates it.

FF2 had a remake on the PSP, so I'm not going to count it, but damned if I wouldn't take another on a platform I actually own (or just port the PSP one to Steam since IIRC that one's pretty good).

So, again, why should I care about FFVII getting a remake? The games I really want to see remade/sequelized/reimagined/EVEN JUST LOCALIZED? They're far behind Square-Enix and have no chance in hell to get remade.

And that goes DOUBLE for Enix because I want a unified revisit of the Soul Blazer/IoG/Terranigma trilogy more than anything else.

That being said, I'm still going to pick it up - I didn't like VII for various reasons, and maybe the remake will actually be something I'm interested in. It'll bridge the universe closer to the expanded universe, and their own storytelling is already done so they can polish that up. Plus, a much improved translation will be very, VERY welcome.

(06-15-2015, 11:31 PM)TheLastCandle Wrote:
(06-15-2015, 11:20 PM)Ryanti Wrote:

Well, I for one hope (*credits roll for about 15-20 minutes*) all perform to the best of their collective abilities to make this a quality FF7 rehash.

Not like the last one they made...

[Image: hqdefault.jpg]

We don't talk about that one.

RE: FINAL FANTASY 7 REMAKE - Kellach Woods - 06-15-2015

Added voice-overs will yield us the following line in full voice :

SIT DOWN AND DRINK YOUR GODDAMN TEA.

(06-15-2015, 11:39 PM)Kellach Woods Wrote: Added voice-overs will yield us the following line in full voice :

"WHERE'S ITS FUCKING HEAD?!"

RE: FINAL FANTASY 7 REMAKE - Aaron - 06-15-2015

(06-15-2015, 11:39 PM)Kellach Woods Wrote: Added voice-overs will yield us the following line in full voice :

[Image: hospitality7.jpg]

(06-15-2015, 11:40 PM)Edgar Wrote:

I'm hoping to hear the near-Shakespearean delivery of

"GET YO' SPIKY ASS OVER HERE!" - Barret

And of course: "This guy are sick."

RE: FINAL FANTASY 7 REMAKE - Cailean Lockwood - 06-16-2015

This and the Cammy reveal for Street Fighter V were the two main things I love the most about E3 so far. Sadly, this means I need to get me a PS4 (I chose the XB1). Damn SFV being PS4 exclusive. :/

As for FFVII, it's about goddamn time they did this! Big Grin

RE: FINAL FANTASY 7 REMAKE - Ryanti - 06-16-2015

(06-15-2015, 11:59 PM)TheLastCandle Wrote:
(06-15-2015, 11:40 PM)Edgar Wrote:

I'm hoping to hear the near-Shakespearean delivery of

"GET YO' SPIKY ASS OVER HERE!" - Barret

And of course: "This guy are sick."

When they make Cloud sit down and drink his god damn tea, I really need the proper emotional conveying to be apparent here.

1997 Technology is not going to work. I need layers upon layers of emotional depth in Cloud's face as he solemnly obeys the order to drink his tea. I need to see it in his eyes. His lips. His heart. I need to see it all over his face. I need his knees to shake and his feet to be wet with his piss. I need to see how it was meant to be seen. In full HD, 1080P 60 FPS.