Hydaelyn Role-Players
Well hi! I'm pretty darn new - Printable Version

+- Hydaelyn Role-Players (https://ffxiv-roleplayers.com/mybb18)
+-- Forum: RPC (https://ffxiv-roleplayers.com/mybb18/forumdisplay.php?fid=25)
+--- Forum: Welcome Desk (https://ffxiv-roleplayers.com/mybb18/forumdisplay.php?fid=10)
+--- Thread: Well hi! I'm pretty darn new (/showthread.php?tid=12109)

Well hi! I'm pretty darn new - Sindrianha - 06-17-2015

I've only been playing the game since the beginning of June and have been slowly exposing myself to the RP around. Thought it was bout time I posted a hello thread here after lurking for 'bout a month.

So here it goes! The asked for info below! *gasp* Don't judge an old lady too much Wink

--MMORPG background

Oh wow. Uhm…I’ve played a few games over the years. My first ever was (to my shame some days) WoW Beta. I spent the majority of my MMO time though in EQ2, Rift, SWTOR, and sometime in Guild Wars 2 with my small group of Rp buddies.

I have also dipped my toe into almost every other MMO that has hit the market for a short stint. I tend to stick to one game for a while despite my plethora of experience.

--RP experience

My first introduction to RP came at a young age when I discovered the horrible and wonderful AIM chat rooms (Dating myself I know). I have also played some table top RPG’s along with Forum and chat room based RP before I fell down the hole known as MMO RP. Been at it for nearly 12 years now! (again, dating myself /facepalm)

--Character ideas/info

I currently play one character as my main known as Sindri. She is a highlander that has the naïve mindset of freeing Ala Mhigo up until she realizes/is exposed to the rest of the world and it’s hardships. She has been very interesting so far to develop and I’m still fiddling with her alongside my RP partner Valimir.

--How did you learn about the coalition?

Turk. Or Turkeybutt as I jokingly (and lovingly) call him. I met Turk in another game and he tugged me into this lovely game along with showing me around. He pointed me in the direction of the Coalition as a great place for RPers to post, get to know one another and events. So here I am!

--What kind of a role-player are you aiming to be? Light, medium, or heavy?

I am pretty heavy into Rp though I go through lulls of hammering at levels or just focusing in on the game play. My main enjoyment is character development and running or helping events.

--Anything from real life you'€™re comfortable with sharing? (Work, school, hobbies, etc)

I’m not that interesting of a person RL! I work full time, live with my RP partner/boyfriend of 4 years, write and draw in my off time along with sometimes making jewelry. NOT TO MENTION! Of course. Rping and gaming like a girl tends to do!

Overall I’m happy to be here and look forward to getting to know the RP community and the great events I keep hearing about!

So uhm. Yes! HAI! I’m Sindrianha. Big Grin  

RE: Well hi! I'm pretty darn new - Gegenji - 06-17-2015

Welcome to the RPC and Balmung, we're pretty darn happy to have you! (In no small part because I started RPing in AOL chats too, hurr.) Hopefully you - and Turk - are enjoying yourselves. If you have any questions, feel free to ask!

RE: Well hi! I'm pretty darn new - Faye - 06-17-2015

Hello there, welcome! Big Grin Don't worry; I started RPing about 10 years ago on AIM as well and I hope I'm not too old yet!

RE: Well hi! I'm pretty darn new - Nebbs - 06-17-2015

Welcome, your RP background is such that you should fit right in. Myself it dates back too for to mention.

There is a good reference on RP here, which you will probably already know most of [The Role-Play Handbook]

Also check out the [RP Linkskell & Free Company Lists for Balmung] for things that suit you.

And..fell free to come join us in [Hugs & Cakes Link Shell] where there is a nice positive bunch of RPers.

RE: Well hi! I'm pretty darn new - Erik Mynhier - 06-17-2015

(06-17-2015, 03:00 PM)Sindrianha Wrote: I've only been playing the game since the beginning of June and have been slowly exposing myself to the RP around. Thought it was bout time I posted a hello thread here after lurking for 'bout a month.

So here it goes! The asked for info below! *gasp* Don't judge an old lady too much Wink

--MMORPG background

Oh wow. Uhm…I’ve played a few games over the years. My first ever was (to my shame some days) WoW Beta. I spent the majority of my MMO time though in EQ2, Rift, SWTOR, and sometime in Guild Wars 2 with my small group of Rp buddies.

I have also dipped my toe into almost every other MMO that has hit the market for a short stint. I tend to stick to one game for a while despite my plethora of experience.

--RP experience

My first introduction to RP came at a young age when I discovered the horrible and wonderful AIM chat rooms (Dating myself I know). I have also played some table top RPG’s along with Forum and chat room based RP before I fell down the hole known as MMO RP. Been at it for nearly 12 years now! (again, dating myself /facepalm)

--Character ideas/info

I currently play one character as my main known as Sindri. She is a highlander that has the naïve mindset of freeing Ala Mhigo up until she realizes/is exposed to the rest of the world and it’s hardships. She has been very interesting so far to develop and I’m still fiddling with her alongside my RP partner Valimir.

--How did you learn about the coalition?

Turk. Or Turkeybutt as I jokingly (and lovingly) call him. I met Turk in another game and he tugged me into this lovely game along with showing me around. He pointed me in the direction of the Coalition as a great place for RPers to post, get to know one another and events. So here I am!

--What kind of a role-player are you aiming to be? Light, medium, or heavy?

I am pretty heavy into Rp though I go through lulls of hammering at levels or just focusing in on the game play. My main enjoyment is character development and running or helping events.

--Anything from real life you'€™re comfortable with sharing? (Work, school, hobbies, etc)

I’m not that interesting of a person RL! I work full time, live with my RP partner/boyfriend of 4 years, write and draw in my off time along with sometimes making jewelry. NOT TO MENTION! Of course. Rping and gaming like a girl tends to do!

Overall I’m happy to be here and look forward to getting to know the RP community and the great events I keep hearing about!

So uhm. Yes! HAI! I’m Sindrianha. Big Grin  

Just throwing this out there. Look up Reiner Dorne, he does alot of "free/patriot ala mhigo" rp going.

That said welcome amd say hi if you see me.

RE: Well hi! I'm pretty darn new - Sindrianha - 06-17-2015

Ooo! Thank you all for your welcomes and information!Big Grin 

I'll have to look through everything and poke people about the RP you mentioned! So far I'm in love with the game and it's story!

I'll be sure to poke people when I'm online!

RE: Well hi! I'm pretty darn new - Sounsyy - 06-17-2015

Welcome fellow Ala Mhigan! Feel free to give Sounsyy a wave if you see her in game. She's another displaced Ala Mhigan. Also, lemme know if you need any lore help with your character! ^^

RE: Well hi! I'm pretty darn new - Warren Castille - 06-17-2015

I apologize in advance for ruining this name to the general public.

If your character is itching to tighten those revolutionary muscles, there's this sweet little thing called the Grindstone that happens weekly, Saturday night at 10EST/7PST. Details are in my signature block! Linking them seems redundant.

RE: Well hi! I'm pretty darn new - Zoetrooper - 06-17-2015

Welcome you pretty darn new person! It's a pleasure to meet you.