Hydaelyn Role-Players
Which starting city will you pick? - Printable Version

+- Hydaelyn Role-Players (https://ffxiv-roleplayers.com/mybb18)
+-- Forum: Final Fantasy 14 (https://ffxiv-roleplayers.com/mybb18/forumdisplay.php?fid=41)
+--- Forum: FFXIV Discussion (https://ffxiv-roleplayers.com/mybb18/forumdisplay.php?fid=12)
+--- Thread: Which starting city will you pick? (/showthread.php?tid=122)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5

Which starting city will you pick? - Aveline - 05-20-2010

Now that we have some info on all three, I'm super curious about where everyone's preferences lie.

Personally, I'm 100% Ul'dah.

Re: Which starting city will you pick? - Varov - 05-21-2010

Most likely Limsa Lominsa. I must say though, I'll likely start another character in Ul'dah because it's just so awesome Big Grin

Re: Which starting city will you pick? - River - 05-21-2010

I'm still disappointed that Ishgard isn't a starting city. That would have been my choice.

Re: Which starting city will you pick? - Tyriont - 05-21-2010

Limsa Lominsa. Pirate character so it's almost a given :p

Re: Which starting city will you pick? - Zhavi - 05-21-2010

Oh god, Ul'dah. I'm thinking my miqo'te keeper will be a mage-for-hire with a background as a child thief. >: D

Re: Which starting city will you pick? - Nanapariri - 05-21-2010

Ul'dah for Nana and probably Gridana for the kitty alt.

Re: Which starting city will you pick? - Valiant - 05-21-2010

Ul'dah!
It sounds awesome and its unbelievably perfect for my character and her family's background

Re: Which starting city will you pick? - Eva - 05-21-2010

I really like Ul'dah and cast my vote for there even though I'm still somewhat unresolved on it. Part of what's putting me off is the popularity of it. The other two also have their charms for me and I could see either working with the story I've started building framework for.

I'm sure once I get home and see the pictures I'll probably be an Ul'dah fanatic like everyone else though. Laugh

Re: Which starting city will you pick? - Aveline - 05-21-2010

Yeah I'm surprised at how popular Ul'dah is, but it really does have a lot of things going for it as cities go ^_^

My FFXI character Niami would have been based in Limsa-Lominsa for sure though. Mhauran-born pirate bard that she was. Big Grin

Re: Which starting city will you pick? - Seraphine Felstar - 05-21-2010

Honestly, I'm not sure I like any of the starting cities that much. It feels like my choices are Spartacus, Avatar, or Pirates of the Caribbean >.>

I'm leaning towards Ul'dah but Gridana might lure me yet so I'll hold off on voting till I decide.

Re: Which starting city will you pick? - Kylin - 05-21-2010

I think Ul'dah is so popular for a couple reasons. For starters, we've heard and seen so much regarding Limsa Lominsa so far and people are quick to jump at something "new."

Ul'dah also comes off (so far) as having less of a narrow theme to it. With Lominsa, you've got basically a bunch of pirates and fishermen. Gridania seems heavily focused on nature (plants, animals, etc). With Ul'dah you've got pit pights, powerful aristocrats, and possibly back alley thieves. It's made even more appealing due to the mention of a "sultan" and the Alladin-like Arabian mysticism.

Re: Which starting city will you pick? - Eva - 05-22-2010

I don't know that my vote can officially be changed in the poll, but after viewing the pictures and re-reading, I find myself swaying away from Ul'dah and am actually quite enamored with Gridania. Maybe we'll get more information soon.

Re: Which starting city will you pick? - Valiant - 05-22-2010

Its funny, when I first found out about the 3 city states I decided to go with Ul'Dah because I thought it would push me out of my comfort zone because desert places don't appeal to me but it turns out this place sounds right up my alley, I feel like I'm cheating :study:

Re: Which starting city will you pick? - Eltharian - 05-22-2010

I going to start in Gridania for sure, it fits my character well and I just love forest type cities.

Re: Which starting city will you pick? - Zhavi - 05-24-2010

I picked Ul'dah because it's been awhile since I've had a nasty, dark character. Mostly I tend to play old women, awkward youths, and merchants. Ul'dah sounds gritty and dirty, which makes it interesting to me, and I think it's past time I get around to a rude and lightly socially awkward 'for hire' persona. With a bit of chillax thrown in. :3