Hydaelyn Role-Players
Which starting city will you pick? - Printable Version

+- Hydaelyn Role-Players (https://ffxiv-roleplayers.com/mybb18)
+-- Forum: Final Fantasy 14 (https://ffxiv-roleplayers.com/mybb18/forumdisplay.php?fid=41)
+--- Forum: FFXIV Discussion (https://ffxiv-roleplayers.com/mybb18/forumdisplay.php?fid=12)
+--- Thread: Which starting city will you pick? (/showthread.php?tid=122)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5

Re: Which starting city will you pick? - Renaise - 05-24-2010

Limsa-Lominsa most definitely, my main character will have ties to the seafaring side of things. However, I am going to create at least 3 characters so I may have one that starts in each city. We shall see.

Re: Which starting city will you pick? - Aveline - 05-24-2010

I think I will probably have a secondary character based in Gridania just because I know I will miss the Windurst-like atmosphere. I think I would like Limsa-Lominsa more if there were actually trees in the city. :3

Re: Which starting city will you pick? - DAISHI - 06-20-2010

Seraphine Wrote:Honestly, I'm not sure I like any of the starting cities that much. It feels like my choices are Spartacus, Avatar, or Pirates of the Caribbean >.>

I'm leaning towards Ul'dah but Gridana might lure me yet so I'll hold off on voting till I decide.

Pick Ul'Dah.

Anybody who has lived in the Southwest United States or further South has to pick Ul"Dah.

Re: Which starting city will you pick? - Seraphine Felstar - 06-20-2010

Quote:Pick Ul'Dah.

After discussing it over with Zane it looks like Limsa-Lominsa is actually where we'll be starting. Took me by surprise, but I have a storyline I've always wanted to do and this will give me a chance at last.

I shall carry on the flag of Bastok!

Re: Which starting city will you pick? - Smiling River - 06-20-2010

I was initially interested in Gridania. Now I am not sure, swayed to Ul'dah. It felt like there was less info about Gridania, the description seemed general. I can def see how Mason would fit in nicely in Ul'dah, even though I generally dislike desert cities. The starting city would be where he grew up, as an adult he is a traveler anyway so the city only matters in terms of background to me.

Re: Which starting city will you pick? - Ravirr - 06-20-2010

I'm going to pick Ul'dah as it fits my character best with the fighting arenas and gambling halls.

Re: Which starting city will you pick? - Merri - 07-06-2010

Limsa-Lominsa. Hands down.

I <3 port cities.

Re: Which starting city will you pick? - Trizzip - 07-06-2010

Gridania....I'm a sucker for the forests.

Re: Which starting city will you pick? - Eeam - 07-07-2010

Hrmm, I would start in Ul'dah, since that is where Eeam currently lives. But Gridania is just calling out to me... I guess It's up in the air, It really just depends on which city looks better in-game. xD

Also, Brin stole my face. :<

Re: Which starting city will you pick? - Guest - 07-07-2010

+1 vote for Gridania.
I'll eventually change my nice sig of non-Gridania

Re: Which starting city will you pick? - Trizzip - 07-07-2010

Eeam Wrote:Also, Brin stole my face. :<

It's not my fault that it's the sexiest face in all of XI......just sayin'

Re: Which starting city will you pick? - Siben - 07-07-2010

there should be a poll option for "I don't know/Haven't decided yet"

Because...I don't know. And I haven't decided yet. O_O

Re: Which starting city will you pick? - Soren Miren - 07-07-2010

Soren grew up in Ul'dah, but he shipped off for Gridania for the conjurer's guild and ideal location, so that'll be where he starts in-game.

...unless something gets introduced that has me playing something other than a conjurer. Then its up in the air.