Hydaelyn Role-Players
[Spoilers?] Hilda... - Printable Version

+- Hydaelyn Role-Players (https://ffxiv-roleplayers.com/mybb18)
+-- Forum: Community (https://ffxiv-roleplayers.com/mybb18/forumdisplay.php?fid=8)
+--- Forum: RP Discussion (https://ffxiv-roleplayers.com/mybb18/forumdisplay.php?fid=13)
+--- Thread: [Spoilers?] Hilda... (/showthread.php?tid=12298)

Pages: 1 2 3

[Spoilers?] Hilda... - Celsius - 06-26-2015

Ok, so having gotten to the point now where a good amount of the RPC has probably participated at least up until the point where you meet Hilda, I'm curious to see what people here think regarding her design - her race, that is. 

I mean, she definitely appears to be a half-Hyur, half-Elezen to me, but is that the vibe that everyone else got too? Or is that just me?

Also, last two things before I leave this post in favor of discussion, if it's been confirmed that she is in fact a half breed at some point later, then I must've just missed it. 

And second...if she is, I wonder is SE will start introducing more cross-race characters?

RE: [Spoilers?] Hilda... - Cailean Lockwood - 06-26-2015

I haven't seen her myself, but I read on the reddit about others who had and they do indeed think she is half elezen/hyur. And some even think Alphinaud might be as well.

RE: [Spoilers?] Hilda... - Chris Ganale - 06-26-2015

Her mother was a hyuran housemaid and her father was an elezen noble. I don't know what further confirmation you're looking for that she's a halfbreed. Even her chosen title, "The Mongrel", points directly to this.

RE: [Spoilers?] Hilda... - Celsius - 06-26-2015

(06-26-2015, 05:14 PM)Vachir Toshin Wrote: I haven't seen her myself, but I read on the reddit about others who had and they do indeed think she is half elezen/hyur. And some even think Alphinaud might be as well.

Alphinaud being one wouldn't surprise me, really. Though, I feel like as a more unique main character himself, he gets to be all special like that. Whereas, since Hilda is less of a main character, her appearance may be the first of many new characters to be more unusual?

I think it'd be really cool if SE decides to do more with her and characters like her.

RE: [Spoilers?] Hilda... - Seye Qhesu - 06-26-2015

(06-26-2015, 05:15 PM)Chris Ganale Wrote: Her mother was a hyuran housemaid and her father was an elezen noble. I don't know what further confirmation you're looking for that she's a halfbreed. Even her chosen title, "The Mongrel", points directly to this.
This.

During the quest line they tell you about a woman known as the Mongrel and when you find her she even tells you about how she accepted what she is no matter the opinion of the others and how her mother was tossed to the side after the noble had his fun.

(06-26-2015, 05:17 PM)Kaguya Nightsong Wrote:
(06-26-2015, 05:15 PM)Chris Ganale Wrote: Her mother was a hyuran housemaid and her father was an elezen noble. I don't know what further confirmation you're looking for that she's a halfbreed. Even her chosen title, "The Mongrel", points directly to this.
This.

During the quest line they tell you about a woman known as the Mongrel and when you find her she even tells you about how she accepted what she is no matter the opinion of the others and how her mother was tossed to the side after the noble had his fun.

Yuuup. I must've just missed it. Whoops! Angel

RE: [Spoilers?] Hilda... - McBeefâ„¢ - 06-26-2015

I find it odd the halfbreeds are not more common. You see quite a few couples in the game that are different races.

I guess it's just one of those things, where they haven't had time to model it all.

RE: [Spoilers?] Hilda... - Chris Ganale - 06-26-2015

Upon learning of the particulars of her genetic heritage, it caused a sly smile on my part in consideration that her very existence is a torpedo to the pervasive attitude against half-breed characters.

RE: [Spoilers?] Hilda... - Kage - 06-26-2015

The mongrel is indeed what I believe to be the reference by the lore devs that cross-racial relations will have played a part. In this line it is confirmed that the elezen noble impregnated a hyuran housemaid. Housemaid was sent to the Brume essentially. The off-spring and the mother were oppressed by society for this cross-racial relation.

If I remember correctly, it was all good and fine for them to be interacting. It was when either a) tumbling in the sheets happened or b) baby! that there was an issue.

Probably also cheating. >.>;

Hyur-Elezen female.
Black hair, red eyes. Elezen ears.

Also something I noticed during your time with her, she has the Hyuran female running animation too.

RE: [Spoilers?] Hilda... - Virella - 06-26-2015

(06-26-2015, 05:24 PM)Rinslet Wrote: Also something I noticed during your time with her, she has the Hyuran female running animation too.
She's basically a midlander with elezen ears (who go upwards instead) slapped onto.

A wee bit disappointing, I had hoped they would have made them a bit more lanky/slender, but heck, I'm loving those ears!

For personal roleplay reasons I am very happy to see her though Smile

(06-26-2015, 05:34 PM)Virella Douront Wrote:
(06-26-2015, 05:24 PM)Rinslet Wrote: Also something I noticed during your time with her, she has the Hyuran female running animation too.
She's basically a midlander with elezen ears (who go upwards instead) slapped onto.

A wee bit disappointing, I had hoped they would have made them a bit more lanky/slender, but heck, I'm loving those ears!

For personal roleplay reasons I am very happy to see her though Smile

Her model actually was a bit more lanky than the typical Hyur, I think. Or at least her body's specifications looked different from Rin's. 

Maybe another female Hyur can confirm? :3

RE: [Spoilers?] Hilda... - Roda - 06-26-2015

(06-26-2015, 05:22 PM)Kage Wrote: The mongrel is indeed what I believe to be the reference by the lore devs that cross-racial relations will have played a part. In this line it is confirmed that the elezen noble impregnated a hyuran housemaid. Housemaid was sent to the Brume essentially. The off-spring and the mother were oppressed by society for this cross-racial relation.

If I remember correctly, it was all good and fine for them to be interacting. It was when either a) tumbling in the sheets happened or b) baby! that there was an issue.

Probably also cheating. >.>;

Hyur-Elezen female.
Black hair, red eyes. Elezen ears.
I thought it was because of the class issue and they weren't married.

RE: [Spoilers?] Hilda... - Sin - 06-26-2015

As others have said, it's stated outright during the questline that she's a halfbreed.

As someone who roleplays a male Half-Elezen, I am embarrassed to admit that I squealed for longer than I should've when she appeared on screen.

I may have also yelled "Look at her ears, look at her ears!" About a dozen times.

RE: [Spoilers?] Hilda... - Faye - 06-26-2015

This. The entire quest was about it. It's explained and referenced repeatedly in the quest text. o_o