Hydaelyn Role-Players
Can't get into balmung :( - Printable Version

+- Hydaelyn Role-Players (https://ffxiv-roleplayers.com/mybb18)
+-- Forum: RPC (https://ffxiv-roleplayers.com/mybb18/forumdisplay.php?fid=25)
+--- Forum: Welcome Desk (https://ffxiv-roleplayers.com/mybb18/forumdisplay.php?fid=10)
+--- Thread: Can't get into balmung :( (/showthread.php?tid=12429)

Can't get into balmung :( - Jonstilouse - 07-06-2015

the struggle is crazy to get into balmung I've been wanting to roleplay but I've been trying to on faerie lol only met a couple people who rp here would love some new to buddy's lvl 11 gladiator I wanna make my character either a mercenary or militarized idk but I'm stuck in faerie

RE: Can't get into balmung :( - Faye - 07-06-2015

I don't know what anyone can really tell you that hasn't already been said on your other similar threads =/

RE: Can't get into balmung :( - Unnamed Mercenary - 07-06-2015

Allow me to point you to this thread:
http://ffxiv-roleplayers.com/showthread.php?tid=8957=lastpost

People will post in it when Balmung's current open for new characters (and someone finds out).

Usually, this happens most often Tuesday through Thursdays 3-6 AM Pacific time, when the population of logged-in players is at its lowest.

RE: Can't get into balmung :( - LiadansWhisper - 07-06-2015

There's maintenance tomorrow night (Monday night) so you might be able to get in Tuesday morning around 5am CST.

RE: Can't get into balmung :( - Misuzu - 07-06-2015

Early morning, paid transfer, post-maintenance. Those are your best options.

Good luck!

RE: Can't get into balmung :( - Jonstilouse - 07-06-2015

Where do I go to buy a world transfer?

RE: Can't get into balmung :( - LiadansWhisper - 07-06-2015

(07-06-2015, 02:54 AM)Jonstilouse Wrote: Where do I go to buy a world transfer?

Mog Station.  It should be under one of the Optional Services.

RE: Can't get into balmung :( - Threndual - 07-06-2015

(07-06-2015, 02:55 AM)LiadansWhisper Wrote:
(07-06-2015, 02:54 AM)Jonstilouse Wrote: Where do I go to buy a world transfer?

Mog Station.  It should be under one of the Optional Services.
I should also point out the character needs to be at least 3 days old and have done the main questline up to a certain point.

Don't do what I did and make a new character then try to transfer immediately xD doesn't work.

How far into the quest line?

RE: Can't get into balmung :( - Sriracha Quilt - 07-06-2015

Completing the quest "Close to Home" on any of the starts is required to do a world transfer, yus.

RE: Can't get into balmung :( - Random Encounter - 07-06-2015

To transfer a character you need to do "Close to Home" (The first quest you get.) as others mentioned. You also will need to wait 3 days for the character to be available for transfer as they wont let characters younger then 3 days old transfer in the system.

RE: Can't get into balmung :( - Zuuda - 07-06-2015

As a recent arrival I can pretty much say to give up on free transfers. Perhaps the five minute window after a maintenance.

I tried for a week during the times recommended in the forums and had no luck. I tried after a maintenance, but it was supposed to end at 11 and they finished at 10:40 and even those 20 minutes were enough for that window of opportunity to close.

RE: Can't get into balmung :( - Random Encounter - 07-06-2015

(07-06-2015, 03:48 AM)Zuuda Wrote: As a recent arrival I can pretty much say to give up on free transfers. Perhaps the five minute window after a maintenance.

I tried for a week during the times recommended in the forums and had no luck. I tried after a maintenance, but it was supposed to end at 11 and they finished at 10:40 and even those 20 minutes were enough for that window of opportunity to close.

Last maint the window lasted a single min, sadly I'm not joking.

I've finished close to home quest ect lol I think tomorrow will e my third day playing