Hydaelyn Role-Players
The Final Boss returns! - Printable Version

+- Hydaelyn Role-Players (https://ffxiv-roleplayers.com/mybb18)
+-- Forum: RPC (https://ffxiv-roleplayers.com/mybb18/forumdisplay.php?fid=25)
+--- Forum: Welcome Desk (https://ffxiv-roleplayers.com/mybb18/forumdisplay.php?fid=10)
+--- Thread: The Final Boss returns! (/showthread.php?tid=1255)

The Final Boss returns! - Kagato - 04-27-2012

Good grief has it been a long time. I remember when I first signed up to this message board and made my first posts.

Hello and greetings. I am Kagato, the Final Boss. Though, in this game, you can call me Kagato Jurai, an aspiring Dark Knight despite the job not existing... yet.

I originally quit the game due to too many restrictions on the gameplay and content, but with approximately a year and 1/2 of updates and content changes, I'm willing to make my return to the game and get really acquainted with the world again so that when Version 2 is released, I will already have a firm grasp on the gameplay and can appreciate all the new changes.

(Plus, the potential $10 a month is too good a deal to pass up)

---

Anyway, about who I am and what I wish to do while I'm here:

For in-game, I am a pretty casual-to-moderate RPer. I can be in character and stay in character rather easily since I have been RPing on several different mediums for years. However, I am perfectly comfortable jumping back to OOC discussions and planning. I wasn't an RPer in FFXI, though I did try a RP linkshell in FFXI once, but it only lasted 2 weeks before disbanding, haha. I eventually want to run my own Linkshell with a Pirate theme in mind, base of operations being in Limsa of course. I just need crewmates. XD

As for off game, I am a man in my 20's, still going to college for Game Art and Design. I'm a Let's Player on youtube, just about to jump into Tales of Graces f. Look up "KagatotheFinalBoss" if you're interested. I do mostly RPGs and Horror games, but I dabble into other titles as well as a UMvC3 show called "Courtroom Drama."

Anyway, it's good to be back. I think this year-and-a-half wait was the best idea I could have done. Now I can join the game knowing that it's already a decent MMO now and it's only going to get better.

Re: The Final Boss returns! - Merri - 04-27-2012

Welcome back to FFXIV and the RPC! You picked a perfect time to dive back into things, as the game swings towards 2.0. Plus, you get to experience the unique storyline that post 2.0 players will never get to see along with all the goodies contained within.

Aaaanyways, the community is still going incredibly strong! We even have an OOC linkshell in-game these days for socializing and facilitating roleplay in-game. Very helpful, and you can contact Endricane Feltaro, Oskar Helvig, Kassandra Dawn, Alothia Starkwood, Xenedra Ambreaus, Gustav Lapis, or myself (Endemerrin Rosethorne) for a pearl in-game if the idea suits your fancy.

Hope to see you around!

Re: The Final Boss returns! - Kagato - 04-27-2012

That sounds like an excellent idea. Once I get my payment set up and make a new character on this server (Kagato Jurai) and get my bearings, I'll make contact.

Re: The Final Boss returns! - Mtoto Wamoto - 04-27-2012

Welcome back to the community! Just gonna echo Endemerrin's sentiments and say that this game is shaping up quite nicely with each patch and we're only a few months away from version 2.0, so you've picked an awesome time to come back. Looking forward to meeting you in-game and in-character!

Oh! Check out the linkshell directory if you're interested in joining up with any of the current linkshells. Big Grin

Re: The Final Boss returns! - TheLastCandle - 04-28-2012

Welcome back! Hope you decide to make FFXIV your long term home, once you settle in and become accustomed to all of the changes.

Also, glad to hear you're about to play ToGf. It's a great game and has my personal favorite combat system of any Tales game so far.

Re: The Final Boss returns! - Smiling River - 04-28-2012

Welcome back into the fold~

Re: The Final Boss returns! - Kagato - 04-28-2012

Wow, the changes made to the game really are much better. I enjoyed the tutorial and added speeches at the beginning of the game as well as all the new UI and HUD customization. I also cant remember if it was always this way, but I like how there's a separate chat for battles and chatting on top of one another (though I may make the chat box similar to FFXI's in position and size).

Already having a very pleasant experience.