Hydaelyn Role-Players
Returning to RP this time! - Printable Version

+- Hydaelyn Role-Players (https://ffxiv-roleplayers.com/mybb18)
+-- Forum: RPC (https://ffxiv-roleplayers.com/mybb18/forumdisplay.php?fid=25)
+--- Forum: Welcome Desk (https://ffxiv-roleplayers.com/mybb18/forumdisplay.php?fid=10)
+--- Thread: Returning to RP this time! (/showthread.php?tid=12563)

Returning to RP this time! - virgquinn - 07-13-2015

I finally decided it was best to properly introduce myself after lurking for a few days.  I’m a returning FFXIV player who played on Brynhildr for about 6-7 months prior to the Heavensward release.  I always wanted to be on Balmung and get into the RP community as I used to RP pretty heavily in Lord of the Rings Online and WoW.  The community here, just judging from the forums and wiki, looks amazing.  When I started playing the server was just as full as it is now and I was being impatient so I just stared on Brynhildr and focused on leveling, dungeons, and learning the game.  I met a few nice people and was in a small but close-knit FC so I stayed and got to max level at the time.  Eventually I had some real life job drama so I quit for a while with the intention of coming back when the expansion came out.  This time I have the patience to wait and keep trying for the server to open up or pay for a transfer if necessary.  I’m looking forward to getting into RP with a new character.  I really love the game itself and want to play through the experience of leveling up again.

I work at night so it is feasible for me to try and get in very early in the morning after work on weekdays.  I’m wondering if it would be easier to just start on another server, however, and then pay the transfer fee?  It really seems like Balmung is worth it and would have a huge impact on my enjoyment of the game so if I need to do a transfer that’s just the way it is.

I’m really struggling to decide what to play as I want a character I can enjoy just going into random RP events with as I adore just having random conversations IC.

I was really excited for the Au Ra to come out and I love their appearance but have not come up with any good backstory inspiration for one yet except maybe one who frequents Ul’dah and has a passion for good food, wine, and conversation.  Other options include a Highlander Summoner who left home to further study magic, or a Roegadyn healer/doctor type who is very interested in science and alchemy.  My background is in history and I could possibly do a historian type character of any race.  I played a Lalafell previously but I’m not sure that’s something I want to RP.  Nothing against them, of course, just not my thing for actual RP.  My original character was a Summoner but I'm open to playing any other job except Warrior or Paladin since I stink at tanking but enjoy dungeons.

Enough rambling.  I look forward to hopefully seeing some of you in game when I manage to get on to Balmung!

RE: Returning to RP this time! - Unnamed Mercenary - 07-13-2015

Welcome to the RPC! Hope you enjoy your time here. Smile

If there's lore or character ideas or just general questions, feel free to ask away!

There's a large community with something for everyone on Balmung.

RE: Returning to RP this time! - Vahn Kasch - 07-13-2015

Looking forward to having more RPers on Balmung! If you are ever looking for a RP free company feel free to message me!

RE: Returning to RP this time! - Faye - 07-13-2015

Hello there, I hope you can make it onto Balmung soon! Most people say it's easier to get in if you transfer, so if you're willing to pay the money, it probably won't hurt. But people have still been getting in otherwise, so it's certainly not necessary!

RE: Returning to RP this time! - virgquinn - 07-14-2015

Tried to get on this morning right after maintenance and no luck.  Sad  Looks like a transfer is in order on Friday.

At least this is giving me time to further consider character ideas.  I'm now thinking of going Lalafell after reading some of the concepts on the wiki.  I miss playing one!

RE: Returning to RP this time! - Gegenji - 07-14-2015

(07-14-2015, 06:48 AM)virgquinn Wrote: I'm now thinking of going Lalafell after reading some of the concepts on the wiki.  I miss playing one!

Yesss.... join the popoto legion. We are the few, we are the mighty, we are the adorable.

RE: Returning to RP this time! - -no longer matters- - 07-14-2015

Welcome! Hope you make it to Balmung soon! If you're ever in need of a Merc (IC), feel free to contact War Siren!

RE: Returning to RP this time! - D'aito Kuji - 07-14-2015

Welome, friend!  Hope your journey to Balmung is swift and free of trouble.

RE: Returning to RP this time! - Caspar - 07-14-2015

(07-14-2015, 06:48 AM)virgquinn Wrote: Tried to get on this morning right after maintenance and no luck.  Sad  Looks like a transfer is in order on Friday.

At least this is giving me time to further consider character ideas.  I'm now thinking of going Lalafell after reading some of the concepts on the wiki.  I miss playing one!
:o join ussssss. We're not nearly common enough