Hydaelyn Role-Players
Help Me Find My True Name? - Printable Version

+- Hydaelyn Role-Players (https://ffxiv-roleplayers.com/mybb18)
+-- Forum: Community (https://ffxiv-roleplayers.com/mybb18/forumdisplay.php?fid=8)
+--- Forum: RP Discussion (https://ffxiv-roleplayers.com/mybb18/forumdisplay.php?fid=13)
+--- Thread: Help Me Find My True Name? (/showthread.php?tid=12595)

Help Me Find My True Name? - Checheri - 07-14-2015

Hi Guys, 

So I'm new to RP, and am trying to pick a meaningful yet lore-friendly name for my Dunesfolk Lalafell female. She is going to be a member of upper-class society, and a bit of a snob. She also wears all things pink, which led me to these names... Which ones do you like? Is there anything you could think of that might be better? Did I mess up with lore anywhere? I'm leaning towards Checheru and Checheri, but I'd love your input!

Checheru Cheru: Cherry Blossoms? Both pink and refined. 
Hihime Hime: Since Hime is Japanese for princess/lady of high birth
Checheri Cheri: Cherry Blossoms again.
Frefresa Fresa: Fresa is Spanish for strawberry.
Rurubi Rubi: Rubies are pinkish and refined...?
Candidi Candi: Candy is pink, sometimes.
Strastrabi Strabi: Yeah, this one is weird. And I'm not sure it's lore friendly. 

RE: Help Me Find My True Name? - Harknezz - 07-14-2015

I can't exactly help with the lore very much as all I know about that part is what is here: Lalafell Naming Conventions

I do really like Checheru Cheru though. It stood out the most as soon as I read through the post, it and Checheri Cheri lol. Big Grin

RE: Help Me Find My True Name? - Checheri - 07-14-2015

Hmm yeah, I think it's gonna come down to one of those too. The others are kinda obvious and make you think about the real world a bit too much.

RE: Help Me Find My True Name? - Harknezz - 07-14-2015

I don't know if it's as much that, those two are just....smoother I guess is the best word? lol

RE: Help Me Find My True Name? - Sigil.9054 - 07-14-2015

Hmm. Well, true names are usually a demon thing, and this is Final Fantasy, so I'm going to guess Calcabrina.

<Reads the OP>

Oh, that's not what you meant. "Strastrabi Strabi" seems good.

RE: Help Me Find My True Name? - Gegenji - 07-14-2015

I'm rather partial to Checheri Cheri, because you could also say it in a French accent for a "cheri" like in "mon cheri." A little bit of class, and could be a sign of a doting family if French were an actual thing in Eorzea (Elezen, maybe?).

RE: Help Me Find My True Name? - Miko Shiroi - 07-14-2015

I also like Checheri Cheri the best from that list because of the pronunciation possibilities. Like Gegenji mentioned, it gets the point across of the character type you're going for, but also has the potential to be pronounced differently.

RE: Help Me Find My True Name? - Checheri - 07-15-2015

Thanks guys, she is now Checheri Cheri. Also, servers are back up!

RE: Help Me Find My True Name? - -no longer matters- - 07-15-2015

Late to the party but I also like Checheri Cheri!!!

RE: Help Me Find My True Name? - Viola - 07-17-2015

Memenu Menu.

be named after a fabled dunesfolk Monk of lore.

('-' )