Hydaelyn Role-Players
Eternity Ring problem - Printable Version

+- Hydaelyn Role-Players (https://ffxiv-roleplayers.com/mybb18)
+-- Forum: Final Fantasy 14 (https://ffxiv-roleplayers.com/mybb18/forumdisplay.php?fid=41)
+--- Forum: FFXIV Discussion (https://ffxiv-roleplayers.com/mybb18/forumdisplay.php?fid=12)
+--- Thread: Eternity Ring problem (/showthread.php?tid=12625)

Eternity Ring problem - Minata Mina - 07-17-2015

For the past five days my Eternity Ring looks like this. Obtaining Signature where my partners name should be.

[Image: 2469z7q.png]

Anyone else having this problem? Or know the cause?

RE: Eternity Ring problem - Cailean Lockwood - 07-17-2015

Maybe your SO left you.

RE: Eternity Ring problem - Blue - 07-17-2015

o.O your anniversary is on my birthday!

RE: Eternity Ring problem - LiadansWhisper - 07-17-2015

Is your bonded partner still on the server?

RE: Eternity Ring problem - Blue - 07-17-2015

Maybe he changed name?

RE: Eternity Ring problem - LiadansWhisper - 07-17-2015

(07-17-2015, 03:36 AM)Blue Wrote: Maybe he changed name?

If they work anything like the friends list, the name should have simply changed on the item.

RE: Eternity Ring problem - Xiaoli Vorgan - 08-25-2015

[Image: wtfobtaining1.png]

No, it has nothing to do with your SO. It's probably happened to alot of people but no one bothered to look at their ring after they got the mount. It's happened to me as well, but I thought it was a glitch and would clear up after maintenance.

It is a glitch, but it has not cleared up after several maintenances. The person Obtaining Signature is an actual player, and I've actually seen some of their items on the Marketboard.

The weird thing is, I've been keeping an eye on 2 items on the market for a week now, the bearskin rug being one, and the same sellers have not changed all this time. They have been undercutting each other. The two items I am watching were being sold by some person whose name started Reil, it was a long name and I didn't memorize it. Anyway, NOW, the items on the board have both changed to Obtaining Signature right after maintenance, just like yours and mine rings.

It's almost like when you have a stack of something you made in your bag and get a stack someone else made and put it in your bag, it changes the name of the other persons stack to your name. Basically, any 2nd added stack gets merged and the name replaced by the stack you had first.

I dunno why the rings do that though. I didn't get bonded a 2nd time.

RE: Eternity Ring problem - Chris Ganale - 08-25-2015

Not sure what's up with that. Just looked at mine and it still has Karu's name on it. The problem that I'm aware of with them is that they haven't allowed you to tele to your partner since 3.0 came out.

RE: Eternity Ring problem - Alothia - 08-25-2015

(08-25-2015, 03:00 PM)Chris Ganale Wrote: Not sure what's up with that. Just looked at mine and it still has Karu's name on it. The problem that I'm aware of with them is that they haven't allowed you to tele to your partner since 3.0 came out.

I teleport to my in game husbando all the time...

RE: Eternity Ring problem - Kage - 08-25-2015

I believe the teleport has something to do with where you are teleporting to. AKA HW areas. I -think- the condition was that the partner had to have unlocked flying in the area or no flying in HW areas at all.

RE: Eternity Ring problem - rainichan - 08-25-2015

3.0 Patch Notes Wrote:[2.0] The message "Obtaining Signature" will now be displayed when an item's signature is unable to be read.

Likely it can't retrieve the signature info so it just gives that instead of the blank box it used to. I know it also displays that when someone moves off server or deletes their character, but it doesn't seem like that's the case. So, just the server going SO MANY NAAAAAAAMES WHY and putting something there.

RE: Eternity Ring problem - Faye - 08-25-2015

It's been a glitch for a while now since one of the more recent patches. Several crafted items on the market board, or even items already in my inventory that had been crafted by people I know, were made by "Obtaining Signature." "Obtaining Signature" is not an actual player or a character name (though I wouldn't be surprised if someone has made the character as a joke by now); the server is having some sort of communication issue, or perhaps the data was wiped during one of the patches.

RE: Eternity Ring problem - Chris Ganale - 08-25-2015

(08-25-2015, 04:11 PM)Kage Wrote: I believe the teleport has something to do with where you are teleporting to. AKA HW areas. I -think- the condition was that the partner had to have unlocked flying in the area or no flying in HW areas at all.

Hmm, that's what I figured. Maybe we can tele to each other now since we both can fly in all of 3.0.