Hydaelyn Role-Players
A Breakfast Meeting [Closed] - Printable Version

+- Hydaelyn Role-Players (https://ffxiv-roleplayers.com/mybb18)
+-- Forum: Role-Play (https://ffxiv-roleplayers.com/mybb18/forumdisplay.php?fid=27)
+--- Forum: Town Square (IC) (https://ffxiv-roleplayers.com/mybb18/forumdisplay.php?fid=21)
+--- Thread: A Breakfast Meeting [Closed] (/showthread.php?tid=12654)

A Breakfast Meeting [Closed] - Aya - 07-20-2015

It was a pretty typical morning in the Quick Sand, to those accustomed to it.  The morning crowd was vastly different from that which would stop by later in the day.  A handful of advenuterers were always present, but the tables filled with workmen and traders looking for a bright start to their morning routines.  The heady fragrance of richly roasted coffee always hangs in the air, while the clatter of plates and silverware being collected from the morning breakfast mingled with the subtle, plaintive plucks of a sitar; a journeyman bard just warming up his instrument.  

At the bar sat one of the Quick Sand's most common, and memorable sights.  Momodi's prize Ishgardian barmaid, the towering blonde with the bright smile, and the sweet, cheerful voice.  Not exactly a morning person, the height of summer nonetheless drew her out early before the high morning sun could burn the sandstone brick of her south-facing room into a scorching oven.  

She stabbed distractedly at the plate before her, fork mixing the soft yolk of an egg that joined a piece of abandoned, half-eaten toast, while the apron-donning man across the bar from her kept her attention with chit-chat.  Jericho the cook, one of Aya's co-workers stealing a momentary break from the bleak duties of the morning shift.

"I'd bettah be gettin' back ta the back 'fore Momodi notices I've gone, huh?" he complained with the grudging brogue of a native Highlander.

"I think its already too late..." came the half-startled reply of Aya's in her notably Ishgardian-accented voice, her wide-eyes suddenly fixed upon the image of a glaring Lalafellan proprietress.  

"Oh, aye Ma'am, I'm on mae way!"  He turned, tossing the hand cloth over his shoulder as he trudged back into the kitchen.  The proprietress' stern gaze moved to the off-shift barmaid, her slightly twisted-up lips expressing her displeasure; Aya always seemed to be causing trouble!

Aya let out the softest sigh, accompanied with a slight shrug of her shoulders as she shook her head slowly.  A motion interrupted as her eyes caught the Lalafel approaching the stool next to her.

RE: A Breakfast Meeting [Closed] - Bontee - 07-20-2015

((I haven't done forum RP in a VERY long time, so... sorry if it's not what it's supposed to be like... If you have any suggestions for ways I could improve, let me know! Also, I'm not good at starting stuff, so... it'll get better from here, I promise! :D ))

Dren silently stumbled out from his room and waddled towards the empty seat, carrying a large plate of eggs, bacon and a mysterious side of meat. He hopped up, with a slight "Nya!", then with shimmering pink eyes full of wonder and excitement, set his gaze on the mountain of food in front of him.

For what seemed like an eternity, he stared at his food, seeming to be scanning it for weak points, or possible points of entry... Watching the food. Observing the food. Peering into the very essence of it's existence, and by extension, the univ--

He suddenly begins quickly and violently shovelling chunks of egg, bacon and meat into his mouth, sending crumbs and droplets of yolk in all directions! The massive stack of food barely lasts seconds, and it disappears into (and around) the tiny Lalafell.

He slowly and awkwardly turns his head to the lady sitting to his side, her sleeve peppered with yolk droplets. His bright, shimmering eyes gaze up, horrified, at the stranger.

"S-sorry!"

RE: A Breakfast Meeting [Closed] - Aya - 07-21-2015

Aya's soft smile toward the Lalafel turned into something of a wide-eyed look of shock as he devoured the breakfast special.

She wiped her hand along her bare upper arm to clear way the debris of his morning meal, "Wha.. what was..?  Someone's sure hungry!" she let out a light, amused laugh, "Its a shame Jericho missed out on that, he'd have enjoyed your enthusiasm for his eggs!"

RE: A Breakfast Meeting [Closed] - Bontee - 07-21-2015

(07-21-2015, 01:26 PM)Aya Wrote: Aya's soft smile toward the Lalafel turned into something of a wide-eyed look of shock as he devoured the breakfast special.

She wiped her hand along her bare upper arm to clear way the debris of his morning meal, "Wha.. what was..?  Someone's sure hungry!" she let out a light, amused laugh, "Its a shame Jericho missed out on that, he'd have enjoyed your enthusiasm for his eggs!"

Dren giggles a little, quickly spinning around to sit facing the stranger beside him.

"Ehehe... I love lots'a good food! S-sorry about the... um... splashy-splashy stuff..." He becomes quiet, and shyly looks at his feet. He attempts a smile, but ends up looking more nervous and shy than cheerful.

The blonde pulled her lips, a soft pink hue, to the left into an expression of bemusement.  Casting a look from the corner of her eyes she watched the Lalafel's exposition, offering a softening of her lopsided smile.

"Can't deny a Lalafel his love of food, hmmm?  Preparing for a big day or something?"

The tiny Lalafell appears to think for a moment, then responds cheerfully: "Nope! Just happy to be back! Hehehe..."

A cheerful grin slowly sprawled out over his face, his shyness seeming to be slowly waning. "So... you're not mad about the splashy-splashy thingee?"

She gives her head a little shake, "I'll make it somehow..." before offering another pursed-lip smile.  "Welcome home.  I hope it wasn't too rough of a trip, hmm?"

Dren rubs the back of his head and looks up, nervously. His tone changes subtly as he speaks, and he is quick to change the subject.  "It was... heh, kinda rough... But I'm happy-happy to be back!" He nods as he speaks, smiling shyly and returning his gaze to the kind lady once again. 

"I'm Dren. Nice tah meetcha'!" He extends a puffy-looking mitten-clad hand, for a handshake.

She glances curiously at the mitten, before gently offering her own, much larger hand.  "I'm Aya, and its a pleasure Dren!  If you don't mind me asking, where were you that was so rough?  Doesn't seem too many people happy to be home in Ul'dah in the middle of summer!"

RE: A Breakfast Meeting [Closed] - Bontee - 07-22-2015

"Nice tah meetcha', Aya!" He has an extremely gentile handshake. His smile fades and he appears more nervous as you ask about the trip. "The trip was, uh... Not happy-happy... it was a long, cold boat ride." He eases back into a smile. "But it's done now!"

RE: A Breakfast Meeting [Closed] - Aya - 07-22-2015

Aya lifts a blonde eyebrow, looking curious.  But she slowly turns her gaze back ahead, not wishing to make the Lalafel any more uncomfortable with her questions.  "Well, its a good day to be home! What will you get up to now?  Planning more adventures?"

RE: A Breakfast Meeting [Closed] - Bontee - 07-22-2015

He giggles cheerfully, seeming to be quite relieved that the topic has changed. "Hehe... I actually don't have anything planned... I thought I could come back and see what happens, and try to make more friends! I've already got the honey ready!" He produces a small container filled with a golden-hued sticky liquid inside. "I was told that people give honey to friends and people they care about, so... Hehehe!" He holds out the container towards you, with both hands, in an offer of friendship!

[sub]((He misunderstood something someone once told him, and has been doing this ever since. If you ask him, he'll explain...))[/sub]

RE: A Breakfast Meeting [Closed] - Aya - 07-27-2015

Aya cocks her head slightly, with one blonde eyebrow ever-just raised in an expression of amused curiosity.  "Honey?" her eyes glanced at the vial of the sweet, "That's one way to make friends, I guess?" she giggle softly, "Perfect for some tea, maybe we should order some?" Her eyes returned to the Lalafel's as she offered a bright smile.

RE: A Breakfast Meeting [Closed] - Bontee - 07-31-2015

Dren cheers, gleefully as Aya takes the honey! "Yah-ha! A friend! Ehehe!" He nearly jumps out of his seat, causing his bar stool to wabble around. He grabs the base of his seat to prevent it from tipping over and is just barely successful. After a moment of steadying himself, he responds: "Tea? I... I don't think I've ever had that before. Is it a drinkee-drink, like wine, or ale? I try not to drink that stuff, people say it makes me weird."

He smiles at Aya, innocently.

RE: A Breakfast Meeting [Closed] - Aya - 08-19-2015

The off duty barmaid canted her head slightly to the side.  Long strands of hair rather haphazardly fell down her shoulder as she cast a smiling near-giggle toward the Lalafel.

"You, uh, don't know 'tea' really?" she asked rather incredulously.  "You make it by steeping tea leaves in boiling water.  It is a little bit bitter, but nothing at all like ale or wine!  You should try some, it can help perk you up a little in the morning!"  She added with a grin.