Hydaelyn Role-Players
Lore behind AF2 - Printable Version

+- Hydaelyn Role-Players (https://ffxiv-roleplayers.com/mybb18)
+-- Forum: Final Fantasy 14 (https://ffxiv-roleplayers.com/mybb18/forumdisplay.php?fid=41)
+--- Forum: FFXIV Discussion (https://ffxiv-roleplayers.com/mybb18/forumdisplay.php?fid=12)
+--- Thread: Lore behind AF2 (/showthread.php?tid=12669)

Lore behind AF2 - Seriphyn - 07-21-2015

Given everything is dumped right from Esoterics vendor, has anyone found anything yet about what the AF2 armour is, exactly? NPCs in the Lvl60 job quests were wearing them, at least.

I remember speaking to Rowena in Mor Dhona and she'll tell you that Myth gear were 'replicas of vintage equipment'. Anyone found anything similar?

RE: Lore behind AF2 - Virella - 07-21-2015

Nope haven't found anything myself. I was really disappointed when we found out we had to get our AF2 trough tomestones. Not so much I have to put effort into it, but rather we seem to miss out on lore why we are getting these outfits.

RE: Lore behind AF2 - mongi291 - 07-21-2015

I don't know about other jobs, but Solkzagyl wears the Paladin AF2 and Sidurgu the Dark Knight AF2. I seriously doubt they bought it with tomestones. So I'd assume the Esoterics gear are perfect replicas of an unavailable AF (unlike the Mythology gear that was a slightly different replica of the original AF).

RE: Lore behind AF2 - LiadansWhisper - 07-21-2015

I actually can't recall a single NPC wearing the White Mage AF2.

RE: Lore behind AF2 - Saravahn - 07-21-2015

MCH AF2 is Stephanivien's outfit.

RE: Lore behind AF2 - Chris Ganale - 07-21-2015

Nobody in DRG wore the new AF (sadly). Alberic still wore his old rags, Estinien didn't show (too busy with MSQ), and the new chick just had augmented drachen dyed some gaudy burgandy or something.

RE: Lore behind AF2 - Tumensuns - 07-22-2015

I don't know where the sets originate from. The guy wearing it in the BLM quests was a total ponce and so I'd hope he ordered his off of ebay or something, because he was pretty worthless.

RE: Lore behind AF2 - Berrod Armstrong - 07-22-2015

I'm hoping that I get to rip the sweat soaked MNK AF off of Widargelt's primed body (again).

No lore on it yet, but I'm going to guess that they'll likely be replicas of more legendary regalia!

RE: Lore behind AF2 - Cato - 07-22-2015

I can't even remember if the new PLD quests showed off the new armour or not. I found the quest chain to be fairly forgettable - but that's just me. The DRG one was a bit more interesting since it tied into the MSQ's quite nicely. Though I didn't see the new armour showcased there either.

RE: Lore behind AF2 - Gegenji - 07-22-2015

(07-22-2015, 09:29 AM)Graeham Wrote: I can't even remember if the new PLD quests showed off the new armour or not. I found the quest chain to be fairly forgettable - but that's just me. The DRG one was a bit more interesting since it tied into the MSQ's quite nicely. Though I didn't see the new armour showcased there either.

PLD's is only shown in the very last one - at 60.

RE: Lore behind AF2 - Cato - 07-22-2015

(07-22-2015, 09:32 AM)Gegenji Wrote:
(07-22-2015, 09:29 AM)Graeham Wrote: I can't even remember if the new PLD quests showed off the new armour or not. I found the quest chain to be fairly forgettable - but that's just me. The DRG one was a bit more interesting since it tied into the MSQ's quite nicely. Though I didn't see the new armour showcased there either.

PLD's is only shown in the very last one - at 60.

Ah. Weird - I did that quite recently. If it was the roegadyn who wore it, though, then that's probably why I forgot. I tend to roll my eyes whenever one comes on screen (bar a few exceptions here and there) since ridiculously over-sized races just annoy me.

I suppose I can blame WoW for that aversion...but that's getting a little off-topic. >_>

I do like the new armour sets though. I doubt I'll wear any of them IC though. If anything, I've got my sights on the Alexander PLD stuff since it's quite fitting for a Knight!

RE: Lore behind AF2 - Zelmanov - 07-24-2015

What I know for sure:

Show Content

Show Content

What I speculate: 

Show Content

Show Content

Show Content

Show Content

Well that's what I got, please confirm/add your own so I can append.