Hydaelyn Role-Players
The AF2 (possible) lore compendium! Please help contribute! (Spoilers within!) - Printable Version

+- Hydaelyn Role-Players (https://ffxiv-roleplayers.com/mybb18)
+-- Forum: Final Fantasy 14 (https://ffxiv-roleplayers.com/mybb18/forumdisplay.php?fid=41)
+--- Forum: FFXIV Discussion (https://ffxiv-roleplayers.com/mybb18/forumdisplay.php?fid=12)
+--- Thread: The AF2 (possible) lore compendium! Please help contribute! (Spoilers within!) (/showthread.php?tid=12698)

The AF2 (possible) lore compendium! Please help contribute! (Spoilers within!) - Zelmanov - 07-24-2015

Despite all the teasing, the AF2 gear has arrived with VERY little fanfare, no quests handing us the armor, no story to accompany it. just an tomestone of esoterics price tag made by our ever despicable Rowena.

As such, this armor has no story behind them, even the law gear is supposedly traditional doman gear brought over seas. 

The only hint we have is that all of the gear is "Antiquated" meaning that it is old or at least in disrepair

So since I know that some AF2 gear shows up in job quests and so I would love to compile what is known into a handy little thread and I hope we can contribute and fix things.

What I know for sure:

Show Content

Show Content

What I speculate: 

Show Content

Show Content

Show Content

Show Content

Well that's what I got, please confirm/add your own so I can append.

RE: The AF2 (possible) lore compendium! Please help contribute! (Spoilers within!) - Sounsyy - 07-24-2015

(07-24-2015, 08:53 PM)Zelmanov Wrote: While I have not done the quests, I do know you dig up Mythril Heart's axe, I've never seen the axe but if it matches the current esoterics one then it makes sense that the armor is just another warrior gear of a particular mountain tribe or specifically Mythril Heart's set.

Unfortunately, Mythril Heart's Axe is just a Bravura, not a Parashu. Nor does the AF2 armor show up on any NPCs or even gets a passing mention in any of the quests. So, while it is possible that the Ravager's set could possibly be Mythril Heart's gear, there is no lore substantiating it or even suggesting it as of yet. Sorry. =/

Also unfortunately, the only reference to "Ravagers" in FFXIV lore were to 1) a group of Serpent Reavers called the Ravagers, and 2) a mob and accompanying quest about Amalj'aa Ravagers. I went over the quest info and it's irrelevant to anything ancient or warrior related.

Show Content

I haven't done the BRD 60 quest yet, but as of Lv58 BRD there has been no sighting, mention, or lore about the "Aoidos' " set or Berimbau weapon. Again, this all could magically appear in the 60 quest? But I've yet to see it. That said, the apostrophe after the "s" in "Aoidos' " means Aoidos is a proper noun. It could be a city, person, place, or legendary hero. We'll have to wait for Fernehalwes to weigh in on this topic I think. I'll be on the lookout on the official forums for any answers related to these weapons.

Sorry couldn't help more. =/

RE: The AF2 (possible) lore compendium! Please help contribute! (Spoilers within!) - KitKat - 07-25-2015

The Monk trainer does indeed wear the gear but there's absolutely zero mention of it being a traditional sect uniform. In fact, the opposing sect in the 50-60 monk questline all wear dyed versions of the AF1 set.

Edit to add: There is actually zero mention of his gear at all. He's just simply wearing it.

RE: The AF2 (possible) lore compendium! Please help contribute! (Spoilers within!) - Virella - 07-25-2015

All I can add for Astrologian gear is that as of now the Ishgardian lot are not wearing them, just the shoes and pants if my memory servers me right. Janneblargh wears the gloves though. I had hoped so badly that they were going to be all slapped in that AST outfit, but seeming at the end the young woman teaching you is running around in an Ishgardian garb, I don't know if it will ever happen!

As well the big baddie in the questline has a white version of the robe, and he's super powerful with his magic. Whether this is done to make him stand out more, or it has some status back in Sharlayan, I do not know.

RE: The AF2 (possible) lore compendium! Please help contribute! (Spoilers within!) - Zelmanov - 07-25-2015

I had made this thread without seeing Kale's, I flagged this thread for deletion and still has yet to come, please put all your info in Kale's thread