Hydaelyn Role-Players
Late greetings from a nobody - Printable Version

+- Hydaelyn Role-Players (https://ffxiv-roleplayers.com/mybb18)
+-- Forum: RPC (https://ffxiv-roleplayers.com/mybb18/forumdisplay.php?fid=25)
+--- Forum: Welcome Desk (https://ffxiv-roleplayers.com/mybb18/forumdisplay.php?fid=10)
+--- Thread: Late greetings from a nobody (/showthread.php?tid=12713)

Late greetings from a nobody - Simeon Sibaruse - 07-25-2015

Hello everyone!
To make it short, don't ask why and how i'm coming here, the answer is simple... Ekidna. Yes, i'm just a passenger on her journey to find roleplay, so... here i am. Nice isn't it? :p (just ask her for details, she love it)

Now, as we can stop speaking of her, let's speak of... me, in fact.

Because it's kind of late here, i will stick to the template found in post-it, rather than be original. Sorry to disappoint.

I-MMORPG:

Even if it shame me... i'm a massive consumer of MMORPG. For the ten last year, i've played a lot of them (No truly, it must be near the 30's) and hate more even. But, i've to say some have marked me, and my vision a lot. In this bunch of winners, you can find WaR (Warhammer Online, Age of Reckoning) in first place, LOTRO, Age of Conan, Rappelz (sorry...) or least but not last SWTOR, from which i came. As i am a lil... monomaniac, that's quite the high number of hours online... yeah. But, unless, no in fact, even on Rappelz, i've always play for a precise reason. Friend weren't available daily to rp, so, i've started MMORPG, for the better and the worst, wishing to find mates to rp with. (I confess, mostly the worse.) Even if i am a pretty intense gamer, trying to clean everything...

II-RP experience:

Here, i must separate in three majors parts.

First one, the real part. On desk, to be precise... or green, or even a cramped bathroom at 5 am... but that's another story. For this part, i've played nearly a decade with friends, strating early, to never regret my choice of leasure. With them, as many as they can be, i've played D&D, Warhammer (even the 40K version, as Rogue Trader, Dark Heresy, Deathwatch, etc...), Vampires (only Dark Ages, begone, scum of Modern Era!), Werewolf, Hunter or Mage... uh, in fact, most of the White Wolf franchise.... and that's already good for now. Oh, and we've played a lot of wargames too. Truly a lot... As money-eating can it be.

For the second one, i've played for some years, roughly 4~5, on virtuals plateform, using softwares like Mumble or Ts, with Roll20, Rolistick, and such... Even Maptool, as bothersome as it can be. With them, i've explored another realm of RP, without faces, or moves, learning many tricks to convey emotion, atmosphere and such. 
I've played here more Indies RPG, as Oikoumene, Red Sands, etc, etc... and i haven't stop, even becoming part of the staff of one of this type of websites. (And it's an administrative pain in the ass. I must reconize.)

As the third one, i'll speak of my MMORPG experience. Playing for a while on them, i've experiment a lot of ways, building a strong dislike of a way too long list of things to be written here. After roughly 4 years on SWTOR, playing a delusionnal and bored Sith, Kikinette (A.K.A Ekidna) have drag me here, on FF, even without my consent,to discover a formidable game and universe, unknown of myself. And yeah, completly unknown, as i haven't ever played a FF. Not once. Yep.

(I'm skipping point III and IV.... will come later on [Or not, we'll see] and already answered)

V-Type of Role-player.

As you can imagine if you have read everything (Even if it's unlikely), i'm kind of... passionnate over roleplay, trying to do it as much as possible, even as the expenditure of my sleeping time... Not that i sleep much to begin with. And it seem a nice place to enjoy it to the fullest. So, i'm aiming to become as active as possible. Keep it in mind! (Sorry, it's late, i'm just getting out of three hours of PvP.)

VI-Anything else.

In short, to sumarize a bit, i'm currently 21 years old, without all my teeth, living on the little island of Mayotte for now some month, near Madagascar. Yeah, the point on the map south-est to africa. It's my place. I love to anger Kikinette, read useless informations (like the history of the necktie, the technological factor of a shipyard in star wars and such), remember them and use it in a strange way. (Or to anger Ekidna... but it's another story).

As i can continue for long on such pointless babble, i'll stop here, say i'm happy to be here, wishing to discover everything you can offer, and... see you in-game!

(PS: It's been a while since i've to make an true text in english... sorry for the errors.)

RE: Late greetings from a nobody - Maril - 07-25-2015

Welcome aboard Smile I hope you have fun here.

RE: Late greetings from a nobody - Ekidna - 07-25-2015

Hello there kitty grumpy cat Moogle

I must say I'm absolutly not responsible for any stupid thing he might do. He's just part of my awesome transfer package on Balmung. Couldn't get rid of him. I've been trying to for months now but I don't understand how he manages to bear my evil presence :p

Show Content

RE: Late greetings from a nobody - Emberhair - 07-26-2015

Hey there! Welcome to the RP army! Provisions are plentiful so enjoy your time here :p

- Ember Bomb