Hydaelyn Role-Players
I'm In! - Printable Version

+- Hydaelyn Role-Players (https://ffxiv-roleplayers.com/mybb18)
+-- Forum: RPC (https://ffxiv-roleplayers.com/mybb18/forumdisplay.php?fid=25)
+--- Forum: Welcome Desk (https://ffxiv-roleplayers.com/mybb18/forumdisplay.php?fid=10)
+--- Thread: I'm In! (/showthread.php?tid=12714)

I'm In! - Devyn Piper - 07-25-2015

[EDIT: Devyn's backstory has been changed rather significantly since I put his original concept up here. Since that blurb is now inaccurate I have removed it.]

Hello, one and all!

Me: 
Male Human
Mostly new to FFXIV.  RP wise, I'm a bit of an old hand with RP experience in Ultima Online, City of Heroes, and various messageboard and tabletop games over the years.

It's probably a carryover from my CoH days but I'm something of an Altoholic.  I have, at the moment, three characters.  All are on Balmung now thanks to a server transfer and all are fairly low level (under 20 at the time of this post).

Aryk Rhaal: 
Male Highlander
A refugee from Ala Mhigo, he was still a boy when he and his mother fled the city just ahead of the conquering empire.  He has since taken up sword and shield and finds most of his work as a bodyguard to a lalafel merchant (played by a friend of mine once he gets into the game).  Having lived in in the desert near Ul'dah for most of his life and spent time on the bloodsands he's a bit rough around the edges but seeks to make a difference in the plight of the common folk of Ul'dah and its surroundings.

Ryssfarr Swarhundsyn:
Male Sea Wolf
Son of an experienced sailor, Ryssfarr was raised aboard ship and trained as a man of the sea.  He found that his heart, however, lie elsewhere.  While serving aboard a trading ship early in his teens, Ryssfarr became acquainted with a middle-aged elezen woman who was taking passage on that same vessel.  She was a scholar, and introduced him to the worlds of lore and magic held within the tomes she'd brought with her.  He was entranced, and though he continued to follow in his father's footsteps the spare moments he stole exploring those books during the weeks of that voyage stayed with him.  Now a young man old enough to choose his path for himself, Ryssfarr has quit the sea and begun to study in earnest to become an Arcanist.  He does stand out a bit, though.

Devyn Piper:
Male Midlander

Since I'm somewhat new to FFXIV and entirely new to Balmung I'm looking to make some friends in the RP community here.  If there's an RP FC out there that thinks one of my characters would be a good fit, even better!

I look forward to meeting you all!

RE: I'm In! - Redariesye - 07-27-2015

Welcome to Balmung good sir, I hope you find many an rp. In any case hope to ee you around, we can rp then. Lucky for you to have a various amount of characters on the server, hopefully they get around to the lock out issues.

RE: I'm In! - Aris - 07-28-2015

Welcome!

Always good to see another Ala Mhigan Big Grin

RE: I'm In! - Devyn Piper - 07-28-2015

Thank ya both!  Feel free to say hello if you see me about.  I promise I'll be around in one guise or another.