Hydaelyn Role-Players
[Sargatanas] Kousagi - Renard Saintclair - Printable Version

+- Hydaelyn Role-Players (https://ffxiv-roleplayers.com/mybb18)
+-- Forum: Resources (https://ffxiv-roleplayers.com/mybb18/forumdisplay.php?fid=17)
+--- Forum: Player Directory (https://ffxiv-roleplayers.com/mybb18/forumdisplay.php?fid=19)
+--- Thread: [Sargatanas] Kousagi - Renard Saintclair (/showthread.php?tid=12731)

[Sargatanas] Kousagi - Renard Saintclair - Kousagi - 07-27-2015

I. Basic Info 
  • Characters: Renard Saintclair and (formerly) Kid Bun 

• Primary character: Renard Saintclair

• Linkshells: !OMGPirates!, Sargatanas-RP

• Primary RP linkshell: Sargatanas-RP

II. RP Style 
  • Amount of RP (light, medium, heavy):
    Medium-Casual. Back when I was on Balmung, I was somewhere between medium-heavy, IC as much as possible when hanging around other roleplayers. But since transferring to Sargatanas to play with some offline friends, I only RP with others who RP and often it's humorous and crack infused. I'd love to meet a bunch who is interested in serious-heavy RP, though, crack is fun, but sometimes I want to really get into it.

• Views on RP combat and injuries:
    Pro-injury. Negotiate the combat OOC in advance, though. I don't take kindly to people just running up and deciding to shank Renard with no warning and expecting him to still be recovering two weeks later... although I'm okay with this in crack because it's kinda funny. >.> Just a tad. But I mean, aside from that, I won't go up and injure anyone's character without permission and kinda function similarly in the reverse. I've never done RP-infused PvP for duels, but I'm open to it. I am on the fence about character death; I don't have any interest in ending Renard's adventures yet but I'm sure at some point it may happen, given his violent lifestyle. However, it'd have to be after I'm done with all of his storyline as well as done with looking at the avatar and name in general because if I character-death him, I'm getting a phantasia and namechange to move on to another character. As for the reverse, Renard taking part in another character's death (however way their player wants to handle it) I don't mind helping out in their storyline for it, but 9 times out of 10, Renard will see the death, shrug, and move on to scream at some chocobos... so I'd probably recommend giving that honor to a more serious character or prominent figure in your character's life/storyline.

• Views on IC romance:
    I've actually never done one in an MMORPG, but have had multiple with Renard and other characters from previous forum RP's I've written him in. I'm all for it, however, it is very situational per each character. Some characters attach and eternally bond quite easily and flow well together for the rest of time. Others may take a lot of work and plotting together for romance to blossom between the characters. Renard is one of those—expect to be the Timon to his Pumba or the Pumba to his Timon for a very long time before it moves from semi-slapstick crackventures to anything seriously romantic. Renard is not romantic. As for ERP, I say do whatever, it's none of my business and I don't judge. However, I personally don't do any ERP because I would rather not get caught and banned or worse, find out my RP partner is like, 15. Yeah, no, I'm good. (I am not a minor, will not write explicit sexuality with a minor. Keep me outta that legal no-no.)

• Views on non-romantic RP (family ties, etc):
    Yes, yes, I LOVE IT ALL. Family ties, comical dynamic duos, I want it all!

• Views on lore:
    Respect the lore. I'm not the biggest lore master, so I actually tend to write my characters as "out of towners" of sorts, given that my characters have thus far been Miqo'te and I am just not into tribal lore at this point in time for any character I'm writing (open to it in the future, but not now.) I've read up on how Miqo'te tribes work and will understand you when your Tia comes up aggressively to Renard or if your Nun shies away. However, Renard the character is from a very different place where the Miqo'te of his land are very Hyuran in culture and will react with some confusion.

• Views on chat functions (/say, /linkshell, etc):
    I do most of my stuff in /s or /e, but I'll adapt to whoever I'm RPing with to try and match for consistency.

III. Other Info 

• Timezone: Pacific ( -8:00)

• Contact info: PM here. Renard also has a tumblr where I am into writing threads with him. So feel free to drop an ask or send a note to him. Just PM me here to let me know if you did because I don't check his tumblr every day! ^_^

• So yeah, that's a thing. I love to write with people and I'm okay with anyone who's casual about lore or hardcore, just as long as they're okay with my off-kilter, chocobo-worshipping tourist with a god-complex (and don't worry, he just thinks he's a god... he's actually just an idiot. Don't mind him. You're free to punch him and he will most definitely be hit and bleed. I'm not down for godmodding/powerplaying.)Â