Hydaelyn Role-Players
Your character's sense of humour. - Printable Version

+- Hydaelyn Role-Players (https://ffxiv-roleplayers.com/mybb18)
+-- Forum: Community (https://ffxiv-roleplayers.com/mybb18/forumdisplay.php?fid=8)
+--- Forum: Fun Prompts (https://ffxiv-roleplayers.com/mybb18/forumdisplay.php?fid=43)
+--- Thread: Your character's sense of humour. (/showthread.php?tid=12736)

Your character's sense of humour. - LadyRochester - 07-27-2015

This was probably done. Still, it interests me. OOCily, I'm the kind of person who finds humour in everything, it's really not a difficult task to make me laugh, so I'd be lying if I said my character's sense of humour (as well as the sense of other RPCs) hasn't pulled a chuckle from me or two.

If you can provide an example, that would be perfect.

Sasha Rochester has a very sarcastic/dry/dark sense of humour. Though it may be witty a times, other times she does it for amusement's sake and can come off as that annoying brat in class you always wanted to punch in the face. 

Example:

Friend: *points at Goobbue* "Look! A Goobbue!"
S.R: "Really?" She folds her arms, narrowing her eyes at the Goobbue "Hmm... It looks like... A staff."

or

Friend: "Alright, you have to go to the machinist's guild and buy me a gun."
*sometime later, in front of the guild*
Friend: "Alright, what did you have to buy me?"
S.R: "An inbred Chocobo."

RE: Your character's sense of humour. - Manari - 07-27-2015

Manari has never considered anything she's done or said as humor.  Before the Calamity she was usually just a very polite girl that did her best to try and fit in with Eorzean culture.  Now she's actually quite cynical and has developed a sense of sarcasm.  There are a few reasons this has happened, but this usually leaves others finding her anything but polite.  This usually comes out in tandem with her rather racist views against Seekers, Wildwoods, and anything regarding Limsa Lominsa.    

Example:

**A random male Seeker walks into the Shroudwolves FC house**

Seeker: "Hello, I'm looking for someone."
Manari: "I am sure there are dozens of Seeker woman in Ul'dah who would love to join your harem."
Seeker: "Wh-what?

Or something like:

**A Wildwood Elezen Wood Wailer knocks on the door to the house.**

Wildwood: "Excuse me, I needed some information on an incident we are investigating."
Manari:  "Oh?  The situation must be dire if you are consulting with the likes of us savages."

RE: Your character's sense of humour. - Sylentmana - 07-27-2015

Q'ilora has a somewhat dark sense of humor and often finds it funny when people get hurt doing things stupid things. 

Ryoko has a somewhat corny and dry sense of humor. For example:

Friend: "So I heard there is a creature in the East Shroud called the Boring Weevil."

Ryoko: "Maybe if he got a hobby he wouldn't be so boring." (Ba-dum tsh)

RE: Your character's sense of humour. - Gegenji - 07-27-2015

Chachan, being the dork that he is, tends to go for the types of jokes that are lighthearted and hopefully lighten the mood of a situation. Sometimes even making jabs at himself if it'll make people smile. He'd love to be able to crack out the witty remarks and one-liners like he believes a hero should, but he's no good at it - and instead just quietly admires those that can.

Chachan: "A-ah, w-well, can't be odder'n a normal day at Coralhaus, right? Haha."

Gogon on the other hand - if he has any real sense of humor at all - is much more dry, biting, and overall condescending. Even his laugh is dry and raspy, and gives the feeling he's only putting it there because it's "supposed" to go there. Considering his focus on knowledge and intelligence, most of his "jokes" are snide jabs at those who seem to lack it.

Gogon: "Hm. I would think 'A for Aldgoat' would be more his speed, wouldn't you?"

I'm... not entirely sure what Judge's humor would be like. However, every time I think about it, I keep picturing Reiner Wolfcastle from the Simpsons.

Judge: "THAT IS THE JOKE."

RE: Your character's sense of humour. - Sigil.9054 - 07-27-2015

Seldi loves puns. You know all that "Naul" pun spam you get whenever someone mentions the mob? Yeah. Seldi would totally and unapologetically participate in that.

RE: Your character's sense of humour. - Amielle - 07-28-2015

Ami has a rather underdeveloped sense of humour, often missing the joke, especially if it has any lewd overtones, and when she does eventually get it (with prompting, usually), then embarrassment sets in.

RE: Your character's sense of humour. - Corelyn - 07-28-2015

Corelyn tends to be very witty, and sometimes dark. She is very dry and sarcastic with better friends, and can sound downright mean at times when snarking at people she trusts to know she is being humourous.

Dail'a, on the other hand, loves puns. He uses wordplay and downright horrible jokes most fo the time. He straight-up rips off CSI Miami jokes, and I have a macro where he actually puts on a pair of sunglasses for those moments.
He hasn't figured out who it is that screams "YEAH!" off in the distance, though I'm tempted to write a non-canon Hildibrand one-shot for it if I get bored enough someday.

RE: Your character's sense of humour. - Aaron - 07-28-2015

Aaron's humor is kinda sad and dark to an extent. 

Friend on LS - "I just fought a Dragon, it slashed me good.  ."

Aaron - "Did it hurt?"

Friend - "WHY WOULDN'T IT?"

Aaron - "I just assumed you were a masochist like all the others who want to fight stuff all the time. I assumed pain got you off."

RE: Your character's sense of humour. - Zephyo - 07-31-2015

Taken from an RP I've sent Rynathan through.  He can be a bit of a wise cracker when he wants to be, and I found myself amused at how naturally it come to be (and I apologize for the lack of a spoiler; can't seem to get it to work ><')

Quote:Rynathan drops a quart of water in front of the Au Ra with a heavy thud.  "The Wench doesn't take kindly to strangers soiling the floor with used merchandise, and if that commotion was any indication, Baderon might not let you back in.  Drink up."

M. M.: "....Excuse me?."

Rynathan: "Drink. The. Water. Too."

M. M.: "I have done nothin' wrong...I been here and been livin' here for a week now...maybe ya be racist...which be funneh ..cuz one time no one liked ya kind around from what I heard." She looks at the water and looks away. "I don't do fights...I can't fight so ya can't worry about me.."

Rynathan: "You know, the last lass with horns had a similarly lovely disposition too.  And, well, everyone's an arsehole at some point in their lives. That makes it important to not be the arsehole soiling the floors.  Drink, leave the mess behind you, and try again in the morn'.

M. M. eyes narrow a bit then slides the water away as she lifts the rum to her lips and drinks.
"No...man tells me what to do....I haven't see ya face before so ya ain't the bouncer. I drink...I forget me name and I got lay in a ditch so ya can stop worryin' about 'dark' scales sullin' ya ugly pirate, and thief infested havin'. Now be a doll and stop soundin' like a controllin' arse and let me sink in me hole the way I want."

Rynathan sighs, sits down at the table, and with a long draught drains his cider with a mighty exhale at the end.  "Too bad. You're in a haven of 'pirates' and 'thieves' now, and you should know better than to try and get a cat to do what'cha want." He waives the waitress for another cider.

M. M. growls a warning though only begins to drink the rum a bit faster. "......"

Rynathan: "Besides, this hole of ours is pretty comfortable once you wake up in a ditch a few times."

M. M.: "...." Looks at him in alarm and grunts. "I didn't invite ya.."

Rynathan: "Well, your feminine wiles certainly aren't up to the task of running me off, and trust me- many a sailing man here will find that growl of yours quite sensual, so I'd leave it tucked away with your lacy unmentionables."

Rynathan smiles at M. M.

M. M.: "............" Looks at him like he is crazy then looks at her mug. "And they say I be off in the head...I ain't got no..whatevah ya be spewin'!"

Rynathan: "Now see, your wiles are all over the place that you don't even know you need undergarments.  Waitress, this lass with the hat needs more rum!  That is rum, right? Smells like rum."

RE: Your character's sense of humour. - Nebbs - 07-31-2015

Humour is a big part of my RP, but often the character is the straight man to the joke. So quite often you will find OOC jokes in my serious RP, though often I can tend towards slapstick, sarcasm and irony.

However, for nebula I give you last nights RP just for an idea

Show Content

Show Content