Hydaelyn Role-Players
Question about mix races - Printable Version

+- Hydaelyn Role-Players (https://ffxiv-roleplayers.com/mybb18)
+-- Forum: Final Fantasy 14 (https://ffxiv-roleplayers.com/mybb18/forumdisplay.php?fid=41)
+--- Forum: FFXIV Discussion (https://ffxiv-roleplayers.com/mybb18/forumdisplay.php?fid=12)
+--- Thread: Question about mix races (/showthread.php?tid=12757)

Pages: 1 2 3

RE: Question about mix races - Parvacake - 07-29-2015

In HW you see a halfbreed in the storyline and short of height, stature, skin and other aesthetic differences...pretty sure the parts all work the same. As someone mentioned prior, it's when different SPECIES mix that it becomes difficult. But different races? It would work. Same concept applies to racial mixing in the real world.

You also see mixed racial relationships in the game like the male hyur and miqo'te female in Wineport on the bench or the miqo and hyur couple during one of the HM quests.

So in short: yes it's possible.

RE: Question about mix races - LiadansWhisper - 07-29-2015

(07-29-2015, 10:48 PM)Naunet Wrote: I'm of the opinion that if there's a reason mixed race relationships/children are rare, it has largely to do with cultural biases rather than genetics. Which would make for some fun rp, if people actually respond ICly in such a way. Smile

A lot of people are scared to do so.  There is often pushback ooc when your character reacts in a prejudiced or racist manner.

RE: Question about mix races - Naunet - 07-30-2015

(07-29-2015, 11:46 PM)LiadansWhisper Wrote:
(07-29-2015, 10:48 PM)Naunet Wrote: I'm of the opinion that if there's a reason mixed race relationships/children are rare, it has largely to do with cultural biases rather than genetics. Which would make for some fun rp, if people actually respond ICly in such a way. Smile

A lot of people are scared to do so.  There is often pushback ooc when your character reacts in a prejudiced or racist manner.

True, I suppose. I never let that stop me. XD

RE: Question about mix races - Lost River - 07-30-2015

From all that I've seen, I need to find my sources to verify; but I believe all races but that of the Roegadyn and Lalafell are genetically compatible with one another; in short, a common ancestry between them while the other two aforementioned are in fact different species all together.

RE: Question about mix races - Blue - 07-30-2015

(07-29-2015, 11:46 PM)LiadansWhisper Wrote:

Yeah, it's a sad truth. Personally I'd like to see this side of Eorzea more respected. Less mixed races/mixed clans couples (there's waaaay too many of them), and more racism/prejudice/negative IC reactions to them. The good news is that my xenophobic character has lots of fodder, I guess?

RE: Question about mix races - Kage - 07-30-2015

(07-30-2015, 01:26 AM)Lost River Wrote: From all that I've seen, I need to find my sources to verify; but I believe all races but that of the Roegadyn and Lalafell are genetically compatible with one another; in short, a common ancestry between them while the other two aforementioned are in fact different species all together.
I have never seen any evidence of Roegadyn and Lalafell being different species.

RE: Question about mix races - Sounsyy - 07-30-2015

(07-30-2015, 01:35 AM)Kage Wrote:
(07-30-2015, 01:26 AM)Lost River Wrote: From all that I've seen, I need to find my sources to verify; but I believe all races but that of the Roegadyn and Lalafell are genetically compatible with one another; in short, a common ancestry between them while the other two aforementioned are in fact different species all together.
I have never seen any evidence of Roegadyn and Lalafell being different species.

All races, including Roegadyn and Lalafell, share a common ancestry. They are all "races of man." The only race that has suspicions of alternate ancestry are the Miqo'te.

Fat Cat Wrote:Summon your fat cat minion. Despite convincing research by top academics from around the realm and beyond, most Miqo'te scholars refuse to believe that there may be some ancestral connection between their race and cats (fat or not).

(07-30-2015, 09:01 AM)Sounsyy Wrote: All races, including Roegadyn and Lalafell, share a common ancestry. They are all "races of man." The only race that has suspicions of alternate ancestry are the Miqo'te.

Fat Cat Wrote:Summon your fat cat minion. Despite convincing research by top academics from around the realm and beyond, most Miqo'te scholars refuse to believe that there may be some ancestral connection between their race and cats (fat or not).

At the same time, Titan refers to your character as part of the races of Man even if you're miqo'te.

RE: Question about mix races - FreelanceWizard - 07-30-2015

Given some of the things we see in Azys Lla, I think there may be something to miqo'te being an Allagan creation...

...but that's 100% purely speculation on my part!

RE: Question about mix races - LiadansWhisper - 07-30-2015

(07-30-2015, 01:17 PM)FreelanceWizard Wrote: Given some of the things we see in Azys Lla, I think there may be something to miqo'te being an Allagan creation...

It could go either way, I suppose, with G'raha being "evidence."  Why would they entrust his ancestor with their blood?  Maybe they created him.  Or, maybe Miqo'te already were in existence and his ancestor was simply a trusted retainer, as it were.

RE: Question about mix races - Kage - 07-30-2015

(07-30-2015, 01:20 PM)LiadansWhisper Wrote:
(07-30-2015, 01:17 PM)FreelanceWizard Wrote: Given some of the things we see in Azys Lla, I think there may be something to miqo'te being an Allagan creation...

It could go either way, I suppose, with G'raha being "evidence."  Why would they entrust his ancestor with their blood?  Maybe they created him.  Or, maybe Miqo'te already were in existence and his ancestor was simply a trusted retainer, as it were.
Well, speaking of Azys Lla and such... It won't answer these but it reminds me of this awesome thread I'm currently following.
http://forum.square-enix.com/ffxiv/threads/251109-Meracydia-Miqo-te-Azys-La-speculations-%28spoilers%29?p=3192320&viewfull=1#post3192320

RE: Question about mix races - LiadansWhisper - 07-30-2015

(07-30-2015, 02:09 PM)Kage Wrote: Well, speaking of Azys Lla and such... It won't answer these but it reminds me of this awesome thread I'm currently following.
http://forum.square-enix.com/ffxiv/threads/251109-Meracydia-Miqo-te-Azys-La-speculations-%28spoilers%29?p=3192320&viewfull=1#post3192320

!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

*loses yet more time reading this thread*

This is great.

The only thing I would say is that if Bela'diah came after the Allagan, then Qarn could actually be an imitation of real Allagan structures.

(07-30-2015, 02:09 PM)Kage Wrote:
(07-30-2015, 01:20 PM)LiadansWhisper Wrote:

Well, speaking of Azys Lla and such... It won't answer these but it reminds me of this awesome thread I'm currently following.

My Heavensward lore knowledge is almost nonexistent at this point, but omg this thread is fascinating. xD

RE: Question about mix races - allgivenover - 07-30-2015

It's my favorite Heavensward related speculation~

RE: Question about mix races - Manari - 07-30-2015

(07-30-2015, 03:42 PM)allgivenover Wrote:

It's my favorite Heavensward related speculation~

Even ancient advanced civilizations thought the idea of catgirls was "super hawt", apparently.

This is interesting though... Can I ask what exactly leads people to this theory? Is it just all the stuff in the test tubes up there, or just the fact that the Alleg did mad science on people in general?