Hydaelyn Role-Players
Announcing the Hairstyle Design Contest! - Printable Version

+- Hydaelyn Role-Players (https://ffxiv-roleplayers.com/mybb18)
+-- Forum: Final Fantasy 14 (https://ffxiv-roleplayers.com/mybb18/forumdisplay.php?fid=41)
+--- Forum: FFXIV News (https://ffxiv-roleplayers.com/mybb18/forumdisplay.php?fid=9)
+--- Thread: Announcing the Hairstyle Design Contest! (/showthread.php?tid=12760)

Pages: 1 2 3 4

Announcing the Hairstyle Design Contest! - Blue - 07-29-2015

Read on!

[Image: 63698e1ac3c5e8ddc4908528042a75287a7063da.png]

Adventurers of Eorzea are constantly ringing the Crystal Bell to summon Jandeaine, the artistic and talented Elezen who is quite possibly the busiest person in all the realm. The travelling aesthetician answers the call at the drop of a dime, and the time has come to give this stylist a bit of help. Don't worry, we won't be asking anyone to pick up a makeup kit and a pair of elegant shearing tools (think of the chaos!). Instead, we'd like to give Jandeaine new ideas for hairstyles by having adventurers submit their own hairstyle creations! The development and operations team will be selecting the finalists and then taking it to the forums for players to vote on their favorite male and female hairstyle. The two winning hairstyles will then be implemented into the game!

Contest Entry requirements

To enter the Contest, you must possess an active FFXIV account at the time of submission and agree to the criteria written below. By submitting an entry, you confirm that you have read and agree to the Contest terms and conditions below, and that you are eligible to participate.

Entry period
Wednesday, July 29, 2015 to Thursday, August 20, 2015 at 11:00 p.m. PDT

Theme
Hairstyles you’d like to see in FINAL FANTASY XIV: Heavensward.

Hairstyle categories
Male hairstyles
Female hairstyles

Designing your entry
Please create entries either by hand, using paint software, or with a picture, and create designs for both the front and back.

- Please note the following when designing your entry:
- If you find it difficult to design both the front and back, you may design only the front. In regards to hair length, please design it so that it is above chest level for both the front and back so that it meshes properly with equipment.
- Hair length should not exceed the template provided below.
- You are not required to use the provided template.
- When creating your design, use of in-game materials is limited to FINAL FANTASY XIV screenshots only.
- When the hairstyles are implemented, we are planning to make it possible to choose them for every race.
- Designs with a small amount of hair, such as shaved head and mohawk designs, may not be able to be implemented for certain races.
- When using a picture to submit an entry, you may use either your own hair or a mannequin. Additionally, there are no restrictions on using wigs; however, please do not include aspects other than the hairstyle in the picture, and be sure to follow all of the rules.

* Please note that we will be posting the finalists on the official site, so if your face is present in the picture it will be displayed publically.
* Please refrain from submitting pictures of people other than yourself.

Male hairstyle design template:
[Image: 63698e1ac3c5e8ddc4908528042a75287a7063da_0.png]

Female hairstyle design template:
[Image: 63698e1ac3c5e8ddc4908528042a75287a7063da_1.png]

Contest Winner Selection
The development and operation teams will be selecting the initial list of finalists, and we will post these entries on the forum. Players will then vote on the entries to determine which entries win by pressing the “Like!” button. The entries with the highest number of “Likes!” win.

Prizes
Grand Prize:2 entries (one from each category)
- Implementation of your hairstyle design into the game
- ”Noble Barding” chocobo barding

[Image: 63698e1ac3c5e8ddc4908528042a75287a7063da_2.png]

* Winning designs will be implemented in Patch 3.1.

Runners-up:10 entries
”Noble Barding” chocobo barding

Voting Participation Sweepstakes:
Players who “Like!” finalist entries during the voting period will be entered into a Sweepstakes, and we will be randomly selecting 140 players and awarding them with a Scarf of Wondrous Wit.

Please see the full terms and conditions below.

Final Fantasy® XIV Hairstyle Design Official Contest and Sweepstakes Rules

IMPORTANT! Please read the following rules before entering the Final Fantasy XIV Hairstyle Design Contest (the “Contest”) or the Final Fantasy XIV Hairstyle Design Sweepstakes (the “Sweepstakes”). By entering the Contest, you (“Entrant”) agree to be bound by the Official Contest Rules and represent that you satisfy all of the eligibility requirements for the Contest. By entering the Sweepstakes, Entrant you agree to be bound by the Official Sweepstakes Rules and represent that you satisfy all of the eligibility requirements for the Sweepstakes.

* The number of winners for each prize is subject to change.
* In the event that an entry is implemented, the development team may make adjustments to the design.
* Prizes will be delivered after the release of Patch 3.1. Prize delivery timing is subject to change.
*In the event that an entry other than the grand prize winner is deemed to be excellent, there is a possibility that it will be implemented in the future.
*Grand prize winning hairstyles will be created so that anyone can change their hairstyles to them.

How to submit an entry

Only submissions via email will be accepted. Please be sure to use the following format and include the following information when submitting your entry.

Email subject:
FFXIV Hairstyle Design Contest

Contest email address:
[Image: 63698e1ac3c5e8ddc4908528042a75287a7063da_3.png]

Information to include in the email body:
- Character name and World name* Required
- Nickname* Required
- Entry category* Required
- Entry title
- Comment about your entry (50 words or less)

* Your nickname, entry title, and comment will be posted along with your entry when we announce finalists and winners.
* Other than instances when you are using your real name as you nickname, please do not include personal information such as your name and address in the body of your submission email.

Entry format:
- 1-2 images: front design (required) and back design
- Image format: .jpg or .png
- File size must not exceed 3 MB.
- If creating an entry by hand, please take a picture of the entry and send the image via email.

* Entries must be an original design created by the person entering the contest.
* Please refrain from posting your entries on blogs or other social channels until the development and operation teams have finalized selection and voting begins. If entries are found to be posted prior to the voting period, the entry will be disqualified.
*Submissions are limited to one entry per category. Any additional submissions will not be accepted.
*Please submit only one entry per entry email.
*Please note that you may not be considered for selection if your image resolution is too low or there are other graphical issues present in the image.

RE: Announcing the Hairstyle Design Contest! - Miko Shiroi - 07-29-2015

I am so excited for this, it's unreal! There are quite a few hairstyles that I enjoy using in-game, but there's a specific hairstyle that I use for K'heyo that is the only one (thus far) that I believe solidly suits his personality. I'm super pumped for the chance that one of the winning hairstyles will suit him equally as well! I can't wait to see everyone's submissions!

RE: Announcing the Hairstyle Design Contest! - Berrod Armstrong - 07-29-2015

I AM SO GONNA ENTER THIS. OMFG.

RE: Announcing the Hairstyle Design Contest! - Blue - 07-29-2015

to everyone wishing to make an entry, remember to not post them here or anywhere else until the results are out, or SE might disqualify you. Use the official forums (and if SE puts your hairstyle there, post a link here!)!

RE: Announcing the Hairstyle Design Contest! - LadyRochester - 07-29-2015

*looks at current country of residence*
*cries*

RE: Announcing the Hairstyle Design Contest! - Cailean Lockwood - 07-29-2015

So EU players can't be in this contest... What a bummer.

RE: Announcing the Hairstyle Design Contest! - Virella - 07-29-2015

Yes they can. But.

"who are resident in the United Kingdom, France Germany and Spain only"

http://eu.finalfantasyxiv.com/lodestone/topics/detail/cafce3d7d3e3fcec638c8d23e64207a9aea05256

RE: Announcing the Hairstyle Design Contest! - Cailean Lockwood - 07-29-2015

(07-29-2015, 10:51 AM)Virella Douront Wrote: Yes they can. But.

http://eu.finalfantasyxiv.com/lodestone/topics/detail/cafce3d7d3e3fcec638c8d23e64207a9aea05256

Haha, I just found out about this myself. Still a bummer, I'm from neither! *weeps*

RE: Announcing the Hairstyle Design Contest! - Virella - 07-29-2015

(07-29-2015, 10:53 AM)Vachir Crimsonborn Wrote:
(07-29-2015, 10:51 AM)Virella Douront Wrote: Yes they can. But.

Haha, I just found out about this myself. Still a bummer, I'm from neither! *weeps*
Make two of us Sad

RE: Announcing the Hairstyle Design Contest! - Gegenji - 07-29-2015

(07-29-2015, 10:01 AM)Blue Wrote: to everyone wishing to make an entry, remember to not post them here or anywhere else until the results are out, or SE might disqualify you. Use the official forums (and if SE puts your hairstyle there, post a link here!)!

Actually, it looks like you email them with the appropriate information.

And, in a burst of inspiration and boredom, I MSPainted a hairdo and submitted it in the span of half an hour or so. It's a hairdo I'd love to see, but I'm sure folks will throw out something much more impressive both in idea and in display. Still, I figured I'd give it a try before my crippling self-doubt caught up with me.

... Now to curl up into a corner and wonder why the hell I sent a half-assed MSPaint hairstyle for this competition.

RE: Announcing the Hairstyle Design Contest! - mongi291 - 07-29-2015

Why do I still live in this shithole that people call "Italy"? Sigh.

RE: Announcing the Hairstyle Design Contest! - Surilian - 07-29-2015

SQUEE! I usually don't care about contests but this time ...I think I might actually try my luck. -begins to think-

(07-29-2015, 11:02 AM)Gegenji Wrote:
(07-29-2015, 10:01 AM)Blue Wrote: to everyone wishing to make an entry, remember to not post them here or anywhere else until the results are out, or SE might disqualify you. Use the official forums (and if SE puts your hairstyle there, post a link here!)!

Actually, it looks like you email them with the appropriate information.

And, in a burst of inspiration and boredom, I MSPainted a hairdo and submitted it in the span of half an hour or so. It's a hairdo I'd love to see, but I'm sure folks will throw out something much more impressive both in idea and in display. Still, I figured I'd give it a try before my crippling self-doubt caught up with me.

... Now to curl up into a corner and wonder why the hell I sent a half-assed MSPaint hairstyle for this competition.

What I meant is, as written in the contest rules, that they will select the hairstyles they are sent (via e-mail) and put them on the official forums for people to vote through Likes. If your hairstyle ends up in a moderator/dev post, put the link here was my suggestion.

(07-29-2015, 11:26 AM)mongi291 Wrote: Why do I still live in this shithole that people call "Italy"? Sigh.

Siamo in due Sad

RE: Announcing the Hairstyle Design Contest! - Aaron - 07-29-2015

Somebody add Gokus hair into this. Please? Lol.