Hydaelyn Role-Players
Announcing the Hairstyle Design Contest! - Printable Version

+- Hydaelyn Role-Players (https://ffxiv-roleplayers.com/mybb18)
+-- Forum: Final Fantasy 14 (https://ffxiv-roleplayers.com/mybb18/forumdisplay.php?fid=41)
+--- Forum: FFXIV News (https://ffxiv-roleplayers.com/mybb18/forumdisplay.php?fid=9)
+--- Thread: Announcing the Hairstyle Design Contest! (/showthread.php?tid=12760)

Pages: 1 2 3 4

RE: Announcing the Hairstyle Design Contest! - Gegenji - 07-29-2015

(07-29-2015, 01:21 PM)War Siren Wrote:
(07-29-2015, 01:19 PM)Gegenji Wrote:
(07-29-2015, 01:04 PM)War Siren Wrote: I entered, haha I went really simple on the design and the graphics to emphasize the hair style. I'll share after they make selections. :3 ... No offense but ya'll are competition atm. Tongue

I literally MSPainted something. I don't think I'm any sort of competition unless these boredom sketches I did get scanned in at some point and they accept them over my initial submission. Blush
I used photoshop and a mouse to draw them ahaha but yeah I  have better ones I drew on scratch paper out of boredom.

Hurried mouse-paint buddies! o/*\o
(Kinda wish I had PS, at least that has layers and better tools so I could at least give the illusion of knowing what I'm doing. Blush )

RE: Announcing the Hairstyle Design Contest! - Arrelaine - 07-29-2015

I'm hand drawing mine!
I probably should have just picked a picture, cut it out and slapped it onto the model. ;(

RE: Announcing the Hairstyle Design Contest! - Virella - 07-29-2015

Create a pretty long hair style for females, and you got my vote!

*grumbles something about not being capable of entering*

RE: Announcing the Hairstyle Design Contest! - -no longer matters- - 07-29-2015

(07-29-2015, 02:52 PM)Arrelaine Wrote: I'm hand drawing mine!
I probably should have just picked a picture, cut it out and slapped it onto the model. ;(
I have hand drawn ones and the one I entered I drew with a mouse, I hope they don't pick anyone who just photo shopped a photo.. that's kind of cheating. XD

(07-29-2015, 03:41 PM)Virella Douront Wrote: Create a pretty long hair style for females, and you got my vote!

I don't think they'll be letting the community vote. Which would be cool if it were done anonymously.

And they did say pictures were allowed so. As long as they weren't someone else.

As for the side mohawk, as much as I like that, they did say that some hairstyles wouldn't work for some of the races and I think they want something that all of them can wear. A side mohawk won't work for Au'ra or Miqo'te unless there's a bit of hair on the other side. Sad

RE: Announcing the Hairstyle Design Contest! - Blue - 07-29-2015

(07-29-2015, 04:07 PM)Arrelaine Wrote: I don't think they'll be letting the community vote. Which would be cool if it were done anonymously.

Quote:Contest Winner Selection
The development and operation teams will be selecting the initial list of finalists, and we will post these entries on the forum. Players will then vote on the entries to determine which entries win by pressing the “Like!” button. The entries with the highest number of “Likes!” win.

There is a prize for who votes, as well.

RE: Announcing the Hairstyle Design Contest! - -no longer matters- - 07-29-2015

(07-29-2015, 03:41 PM)Virella Douront Wrote: Create a pretty long hair style for females, and you got my vote!

Unfortunately they hair can't be any longer than the model they give so it won't be any longer than shoulder blade.

[Image: 63698e1ac3c5e8ddc4908528042a75287a7063da_1.png]

(07-29-2015, 04:25 PM)Blue Wrote:
(07-29-2015, 04:07 PM)Arrelaine Wrote: I don't think they'll be letting the community vote. Which would be cool if it were done anonymously.

Quote:Contest Winner Selection
The development and operation teams will be selecting the initial list of finalists, and we will post these entries on the forum. Players will then vote on the entries to determine which entries win by pressing the “Like!” button. The entries with the highest number of “Likes!” win.

There is a prize for who votes, as well.

Yeah but I don't think they're going to put up everyone's. Just whoever they pick as finalist. Hmmmm. I'm going to cross my fingers though and hope I make it that far. Hggggh.

RE: Announcing the Hairstyle Design Contest! - PkThunda - 07-29-2015

I called mine the Ul'dah braid.
It's based off of South-Asian formal braids. It has a simple chain of gold diamonds down the hair part and is secured with a matching clasp.

This is actually my first time ever entering an art contest of any kind >.>;; I don't think I'll get very far, but... Here's hoping?

RE: Announcing the Hairstyle Design Contest! - Gegenji - 07-29-2015

(07-29-2015, 07:34 PM)PkThunda Wrote: This is actually my first time ever entering an art contest of any kind >.>;; I don't think I'll get very far, but... Here's hoping?

I'd recommend pulling that down, then. It states in the rules not to post your submission anywhere, if I recall. I don't want your chances ruined for showing it off here. Sad

RE: Announcing the Hairstyle Design Contest! - PkThunda - 07-29-2015

(07-29-2015, 07:35 PM)Gegenji Wrote:
(07-29-2015, 07:34 PM)PkThunda Wrote: This is actually my first time ever entering an art contest of any kind >.>;; I don't think I'll get very far, but... Here's hoping?

I'd recommend pulling that down, then. It states in the rules not to post your submission anywhere, if I recall. I don't want your chances ruined for showing it off here. Sad

Fixed!!

RE: Announcing the Hairstyle Design Contest! - TheLastCandle - 07-29-2015

[Image: 63698e1ac3c5e8ddc4908528042a75287a7063da_0.png]

My entry.

(Seriously, give ALL the races a stark-ass bald option. That peachfuzz with Vanilla Ice-style shaved design doesn't look good on anybody.)

RE: Announcing the Hairstyle Design Contest! - Artigan - 08-04-2015

I hope something aesthetically pleasing wins and nothing too radical or "fashion forward" takes the race.

RE: Announcing the Hairstyle Design Contest! - Marisa - 08-04-2015

Really hoping for a long, very messy ponytail. The current options are far too clean and proper for my character, and I'm getting tired of forever using the Lightning hair Sad

Or better yet, just let me have that ponytail that Au Ra men get :o

RE: Announcing the Hairstyle Design Contest! - Spethah - 08-04-2015

Brother and I just submitted our designs. We decided to split the genders (I get male, he gets female).