Hydaelyn Role-Players
[Periodic][Fate-14] Dead God's Chest - Printable Version

+- Hydaelyn Role-Players (https://ffxiv-roleplayers.com/mybb18)
+-- Forum: Resources (https://ffxiv-roleplayers.com/mybb18/forumdisplay.php?fid=17)
+--- Forum: Roleplay Events (https://ffxiv-roleplayers.com/mybb18/forumdisplay.php?fid=20)
+---- Forum: Chronicled Events (https://ffxiv-roleplayers.com/mybb18/forumdisplay.php?fid=52)
+---- Thread: [Periodic][Fate-14] Dead God's Chest (/showthread.php?tid=12768)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9

RE: [Periodic][Fate-14] Dead God's Chest - Rila - 08-31-2016

I'd like to audition for the role of total Fate-14 newb in A Pirate's Life For Me, Monday the 5th. <_<;;

*pushes Rila forward*

RE: [Periodic][Fate-14] Dead God's Chest - Anstarra - 08-31-2016

[Incomplete for now]

The crew's players will have a say in building this ship up more completely!

Captain Silverain's Ship - The Iron Bitch - (Experimental Steamship)

Size - Medium

Creators/crew - Anstarra, Virara, Aigiarn, Jana

Tentative/secondary crew - Armand, Vael'a

High Aspect - Experimental Ceruleum-Fueled Steamship - A new design, fresh in need of testing and full of promise (and risk), the Iron Bitch is the Maelstrom's first foray into more advanced ship-building (and more complex engines). Everyone loves experiments!

Crew Aspect - The First Foreign Levy - What to do with an entire battalion whose chief theater of operations has come down with a bad case of peace? Bereft of their use in the Dragonsong War, the battle-hardened First Foreign was offered to follow one of their favored Lieutenants into her first Captaincy. Many agreed, particularly those who share Anstarra's predilection for getting up close and personal.

Aspect - Heavy Metal - An experimental engine needs to be well-protected, and so much of the Iron Bitch was designed as armor for it. Though better protected, there are dangers in carrying so much weight in the open seas...

Ship Aspect -Redundant Sails - While powered by its ceruleum engine, the Iron Bitch retains a functional mast with sails, a legacy of Limsan tradition and a general distrust of the traditionalist Admiralty for Garlean magitek. These masts allows the ship to maneuver by wind and sail. However, the sails are a persistent reminder of the crew’s general superstitions and keg-headed disdain for new technology.

Aspect - ????

Crew Skills (Fair)
Sail +2
Crafts +1
Fight +1

Stunts -

Tackling Rig - The ship's powerful engine is excellent for bearing down on an enemy; gain +2 to applying and maintaining /preparing to board/.

Medium Ship [Anstarra] - This ship now carries up to 40 guns, a crew complement of 250, and 750 tons of cargo. The equivalent to a frigate for naval vessels or air cargo ships and Garlean assault craft. Medium Ships have +1 to attack and defense against Small ships, and -1 to attack and defense against Large ships.

Magitek Engine [Aigiarn]- Utilizing Ceruleum, this engine allows the ship to maneuver in absence of winds and against currents. The ship is unimpeded by weather effects that would physically impede her (such as storms or lack of winds, but not fog).

The Bitch's Iron Garters[Anstarra] ~ A series of iron plates protect the ship from direct close range fire. Enemy shoot damage is reduced by 2 at close range (Broadside, Boarding, Ramming, or other appropriate position).

RE: [Periodic][Fate-14] Dead God's Chest - S'imba - 08-31-2016

Night Raven's Ship

Name: The Sultana’s Revenge

High Aspect - Legendary Ghost Ship
The last crew of the ship had the unfortunate honor of being the target of a Garlean biological weapon test. When the weapon hit the screams of the dying crew was said to make even the hardiest sailors skin crawl. No one daring to retrieve the ship to discover the fate of the crew and it was left adrift. Taverns would be filled with drunken sailors, spinning wild stories about the misfortune of seeing the ship had brought.

Crew Aspect: We’re Rascals and Scoundrels
Being a known pirate ship getting the more law abiding sailors tends to be a challenge. Which requires them to hire sailors that lean more towards the criminal side of life. But at least they know how to fight dirty.

Ship Aspect: A Hidden Treasure
Although she appears an aged and seemingly broken ship, beneath the dirt and grime the ship is still as solid as the day she was built. This unearthly sturdiness must have kept it afloat in its long years of empty wandering.

Ship Aspect: Aged Ship Design
Simpler ship design may not have the bells and whistles of older ships, but it makes repairs much simpler.

Ship Aspect: Run on a shoestring budget  The crew can count on the Night Ravens providing help in a crisis, however more than likely it will be the cheapest help available

Crew Skills
(Choose from: Athletics, Craft, Fight, Magic, Notice, Provoke, Sail, Shoot, Stealth, Will)

+2  -Shoot
+1 - Sail
+1 - Stealth

Size: Small (default)

Stunts

1. - It be a bad omen- /Ghost Ship/ - Despite it's size, the tattered presence of the Sultana's Revenge on the Horizon is an omen of supernatural doom. So long as the ship can maintain /At Long Distance/ or another effect that obscures vision, it gains +2 to provoke.
  2.   /Hot Shot/ - Whenever the Sultana's Revenge makes a critical success on a shoot attempt, she can inflict the status /Shipboard Fire/ without reducing her damage by one as normal- Stunt paid for by Nuin.

Additional stunts can only be gained by a player sacrificing a personal stunt.

RE: [Periodic][Fate-14] Dead God's Chest - Anstarra - 08-31-2016

One more crew member sought for An's ship~ Per the storyline, those who join get a say in developing the ship, thus there are open aspects (and of course room for Stunt investiture)!

RE: [Periodic][Fate-14] Dead God's Chest - Leanne - 08-31-2016

If no one wishes for it, going to Fox Hollow

RE: [Periodic][Fate-14] Dead God's Chest - Xarl - 09-01-2016

Woo go Nuin and Rila! Become the best pirates!

RE: [Periodic][Fate-14] Dead God's Chest - Jana - 09-01-2016

I can help An's ship if you want; Jana can contribute her airburst shells from the end of the last part of the story. She's got experience with Bertha cannons too, though it's not really reflected on her sheet.

RE: [Periodic][Fate-14] Dead God's Chest - McBeefâ„¢ - 09-01-2016

The ship events are below~ Please gather your crew (Or a portion of it) and let me know a time in the next two weeks that you're all able to make.

Sealegs I - Breaking in the Iron Bitch - TBD
The Iron Bitch is one of the Maelstrom's newest warships, a technological marvel built with the help of the Ironworks. She is however, also completely untested. Rather than risk a crew of expert sailors on a ship without sails, the Foreign levy has been requisitioned instead. While the ship is still going through its trials though, it recieves a hasty message via signal rocket on the horizon. Three red stars... emergency assistance requested. 

Sealegs II - Exorcising Ghosts - Tuesday 13th of September 1800 PST
For years, tales of the Sultana's Revenge have filled smokey taverns and moonlit watches. A rare example of an Ul'dahn warship, the sloop's crew met their end at the hand of an experimental Garlean bioweapon. The screams of its crew went on for hours, and since then it has floated with the currents, no one brave enough to board and determine its fate. However... free is free, and what truth could there be in Sailor's tales? Travel to the ship with a skeleton crew, make it seaworthy, and somehow get it back to its berth in Vesper Bay. But wait, why are there black sails on the horizon? No merchant ships travel this route...

RE: [Periodic][Fate-14] Dead God's Chest - Anstarra - 09-01-2016

(09-01-2016, 01:47 PM)Jana Wrote: I can help An's ship if you want; Jana can contribute her airburst shells from the end of the last part of the story. She's got experience with Bertha cannons too, though it's not really reflected on her sheet.

Alright, putting Jana in as the last primary crewperson! Adding Vael'a as a second sub in the list as well!

RE: [Periodic][Fate-14] Dead God's Chest - McBeefâ„¢ - 09-07-2016

A Pirate's Life for Me - AFTERMATH

Theia, Armand, Nuin and I'rila accepted a job from a rather energetic Captain Merfalkwyn. Needing some additional crew on her frigate, the group set upon a cargo galleon trasporting 'Indentured Servants' for the Fufuloto Mollasses Concern. Little more than legal slaves, they set upon the ship, burning their debtor's papers, and freeing many to join Captain Merfalkwyn's pirate crew. Despite their possible moral victory, this has made many of them outlaws, and enemies of the Fufuloto Mollasses concern, should their identity every be found out.

New Campaign Aspects - If your character already has a campaign aspect,you can either keep your current aspect or switch to the new one.

Theia Smolder - /Greedy as Sin/ - Whether it be gold, liquor or blood, Theia wants it all. Her enthusiasm helps her avoid moral quandries, but might get her in trouble down the line...

Nuin, I'rila - /Part time Pirates/ - Your brief stint as a pirate on the high seas has given you both an exciting tale and a criminal record. You'll fit in better with hardened corsairs... but let's hope none of the survivors from the ship recognize you. 

Armand - /Nope still a childkiller/ - Sorry your current aspect is too good to give you an out ;D

BOOSTS - 
Everyone  - /Lightly Salted SeaDog/ - You learned enough of the lingo and mannerisms to come off as something more than a complete landlubber. Use this boost for a bonus to social situations with the saltiest of seamen (and women!)

RE: [Periodic][Fate-14] Dead God's Chest - Sukaaretto Ueno - 09-07-2016

(09-07-2016, 01:38 PM)McBeef© Wrote: A Pirate's Life for Me - AFTERMATH

Theia, Armand, Nuin and I'rila accepted a job from a rather energetic Captain Merfalkwyn. Needing some additional crew on her frigate, the group set upon a cargo galleon trasporting 'Indentured Servants' for the Fufuloto Mollasses Concern. Little more than legal slaves, they set upon the ship, burning their debtor's papers, and freeing many to join Captain Merfalkwyn's pirate crew. Despite their possible moral victory, this has made many of them outlaws, and enemies of the Fufuloto Mollasses concern, should their identity every be found out.

New Campaign Aspects - If your character already has a campaign aspect,you can either keep your current aspect or switch to the new one.

Theia Smolder - /Greedy as Sin/ - Whether it be gold, liquor or blood, Theia wants it all. Her enthusiasm helps her avoid moral quandries, but might get her in trouble down the line...

Nuin, I'rila - /Part time Pirates/ - Your brief stint as a pirate on the high seas has given you both an exciting tale and a criminal record. You'll fit in better with hardened corsairs... but let's hope none of the survivors from the ship recognize you. 

Armand - /Nope still a childkiller/ - Sorry your current aspect is too good to give you an out ;D

BOOSTS - 
Everyone  - /Lightly Salted SeaDog/ - You learned enough of the lingo and mannerisms to come off as something more than a complete landlubber. Use this boost for a bonus to social situations with the saltiest of seamen (and women!)

Yes love Theia's aspect XD

Not sure Theia will like it hough... Wink

RE: [Periodic][Fate-14] Dead God's Chest - Anstarra - 09-07-2016

(09-01-2016, 05:12 PM)McBeef© Wrote: Sealegs I - Breaking in the Iron Bitch - TBD
The Iron Bitch is one of the Maelstrom's newest warships, a technological marvel built with the help of the Ironworks. She is however, also completely untested. Rather than risk a crew of expert sailors on a ship without sails, the Foreign levy has been requisitioned instead. While the ship is still going through its trials though, it recieves a hasty message via signal rocket on the horizon. Three red stars... emergency assistance requested. 

AVAST, and whatnot! Let's, um, keelhaul those mangy dogs, or something. Shiver their timbers. Yarr.

RE: [Periodic][Fate-14] Dead God's Chest - Rila - 09-12-2016

If it's not too late, I'd like to put Rila's name down as a back-up to the S'imba/Theia/Nuin/Xarl crew.

RE: [Periodic][Fate-14] Dead God's Chest - McBeefâ„¢ - 09-12-2016

(09-12-2016, 01:14 PM)Rila Wrote: If it's not too late, I'd like to put Rila's name down as a back-up to the S'imba/Theia/Nuin/Xarl crew.
It is not too late! I should be able to do it with 5 as there is no adversarial player involved.

RE: [Periodic][Fate-14] Dead God's Chest - McBeefâ„¢ - 09-19-2016

Important Annoucements!
Klynzahr is now my Co-GM for these events. She will be dealing mostly with ship based events. 

Sultana's Revenge - Part 2  - Tuesday the 20th at 6:30 PST

SHIP RULES
Fate-14 Ship rules (By Verad) 
https://docs.google.com/document/d/1J6p9cOOs7KYAjANz9KgzgBZK3ELhl9NmTlr0tdaw__Q/edit

Fate-14 Ship Errata (By me)  https://docs.google.com/document/d/1kBQgtGR1DpWMJJTg85iFbheLw5TwQtXj3tTRfDy9rmA/edit?usp=sharing

There are some significant changes in here from the main rules. Mostly they focus on making non-nautically themed characters more useful in ship battles. Also there are new rules for creating and RPing ships.

To Aspiring Ship Captains
The errata has new rules for creating ships. The two player created ship's at the moment are the Sultana's Revenge and the Iron bitch. However once you create a ship, it is somewhat at the mercy of the plot. It must be given an aspect representing an NPC first officer, and you must be open to the idea that it will participate in events even if your character cannot.