Hydaelyn Role-Players
We've not met before... - Printable Version

+- Hydaelyn Role-Players (https://ffxiv-roleplayers.com/mybb18)
+-- Forum: RPC (https://ffxiv-roleplayers.com/mybb18/forumdisplay.php?fid=25)
+--- Forum: Welcome Desk (https://ffxiv-roleplayers.com/mybb18/forumdisplay.php?fid=10)
+--- Thread: We've not met before... (/showthread.php?tid=12778)

We've not met before... - Silver Sun - 07-30-2015

That's a good icebreaker, right? Sometimes you say that to strangers when you see them and want to converse and you go, "We haven't met, but I feel like I've seen you somewhere before." They obviously reply that they have not met you before, or seen you, think you're a creepy individual and promptly move away from you in a hasty manner. Hopefully this isn't one of those situations. 

I apologize for that. Nerves...anyway...

Hello all. I'm Glazywb, Glaz for short. I have a ton of reading to do on this site, so I'll try and make this neat and painless for you. Final Fantasy XIV is the first MMO I've ever attempted roleplay in, though not my first MMO or encounter with RP. I've dabbled in tabletop RP, and forum so it's probably safe to assume I'm not a literary prodigy, and I do my best to make sure I don't come off as such. If I had to gauge myself as a RPer I'd have to say I'm light/medium. I've been looking at this site for a while but wasn't actually interested in joining until I had enough time to dedicate to the game. 

My character on Balmung, Glazwyb Grimgrinawyn. A frail child at birth, born in Limsa Lominsa she was named Glazwyb by her father, a dock hand drunk who thought it humorous to name his daughter Glass Woman from the old language. To make a long story short, Glazwyb gets older, runs away, nearly starves to death but crosses paths with a wandering pugilist who is looking to start his own following and raises her like a daughter. 
Years later Glaz's physique improves but she becomes obsessed with strength, has a dispute with her adoptive father/master and fights him. She fights dirty and attempts to blind him, and in return he pummels her right eye and causes her to go blind in said eye. Disgraced in front of her father figure and the other students he had gathered throughout the years she leaves the group. With her incomplete training she returned to Limsa Lominsa and took on jobs as muscle for whoever would hire her, and continued her training by herself, resulting in a crude form of her Master's style. 
That was some time ago. Glazwyb is twenty-nine at present and now considers herself at the peak of her martial arts training, using unrefined techniques backed by pure force. Currently she's being "employed" by Jochi and Sokha Gorlos as muscle. Glaz is well spoken and civil but she's simple and doesn't often like discussing things she has little knowledge about. The Roegadyn woman is quick to take shots at others if she feels she's even being slighted in the least.
She's involved in some shady things and there's more to her story regarding her Master but I feel that this is long enough and you probably have tired of seeing ,,,,,, a million times. Not the greatest backstory, but I like it. Probably not too lore friendly since I've got a vague understanding of it. If anyone has any suggestions I'd be happy to read them. What else...

Nope, I think that's it. Thanks for reading this (suffering this) and if anyone should see Glaz running around feel free to walk up to her and say hi...or whatever is natural? I don't know how to end this post...

RE: We've not met before... - Faye - 07-30-2015

Hello there, welcome! \o/ It's good to have you here--and to have met now!

RE: We've not met before... - Oroban - 07-30-2015

Welcome to the server! (Though you're not new...maybe welcome to the RPC would be more appropriate...) In any event! Your character sounds really neat, and it would be amusing for her to cross paths with my dork sometime. I'll have to keep an eye out for her! I hope you find a warm welcome, too. (I don't know how to end this either so I'm going to go...do an expert roulette. Poof!)

RE: We've not met before... - Warren Castille - 07-30-2015

You seem familiar...

Have you been to the Grindstone before? If not, it seems the sort of place she'd excel in. At the very least, she might learn something.

RE: We've not met before... - Silver Sun - 07-31-2015

Thanks for the warm welcome everyone. The Grindstone does seem like Glazwyb would be interested in. Maybe she'll finally pay attention to some of the messages on the market board. Thanks again for the nice welcome.

RE: We've not met before... - Ludivine Goultard - 07-31-2015

Welcome to the server! It sounds like you already have the ball rolling for your character, and the backstory is really well-written.

Hope you come to see Balmung as your second home (or first, if you like it that much!).