Hydaelyn Role-Players
Shifting Outlook (Closed, OOC welcome) - Printable Version

+- Hydaelyn Role-Players (https://ffxiv-roleplayers.com/mybb18)
+-- Forum: Role-Play (https://ffxiv-roleplayers.com/mybb18/forumdisplay.php?fid=27)
+--- Forum: Town Square (IC) (https://ffxiv-roleplayers.com/mybb18/forumdisplay.php?fid=21)
+--- Thread: Shifting Outlook (Closed, OOC welcome) (/showthread.php?tid=12780)

Shifting Outlook (Closed, OOC welcome) - Star Lin - 07-31-2015

This is something that Titor and I did on Skype last night. Think the title sums up what take place in the story. Hope you guys enjoy all of our work.

John slips into the mansion, Kit's aether is cooning in his mind. "I'm still not sure what he truly thinks about my ability, especially since he seems to have something that can do..." He shakes his head, heading for the medbay’s door. "Sir Titor?" he ask, after knocking.

Titor was in, a brief shuffling of papers and footsteps was heard before he approached the door and ultimately opened it. He smiled when he saw John and gave a gentle nod. "Greetings, Sir John. I am glad you came to see me. Please, come in." He gestured for John to join him inside.

He blinks, not quite expecting the greeting that he got. He can see the papers in Titor's hand, before slipping inside. "Sir, if you're busy, I can come back another time," he said, eyeing the papers. They kind of look important.

"No! I am not that busy right now, and I had been wanting to speak with you anyway. At training the other night, you seemed a bit... Off. Sad perhaps? Injured? Ah, I hope not. But I can heal you if you need it. Or is something else on your mind, maybe?" He set the paperwork down and gave John his full attention.

John fiddle with his gloves, feeling slightly well, he wasn't sure what he felt. The chill in his arm wasn't helping to focus his mind either. "No, no," he said, again taking his right hand and kneading that odd spot in his arm. "I...I don't need any healing." He try to order his thoughts. "I mean, you already have healers and..." He reach his hand up to the Dream Cystal that was hidden under his robe.

"Hm? Oh, well I guess you are right, you could have gone to another healer if you wanted to. Ah, sorry. Sometimes I get a bit caught up in wanting to do all the doctoring myself." he shook his head a bit, smiling.

"So ah, what is on your mind then? Did you learn anything about the crystal that is bothering you? If there is something dangerous, we need to pull it from everyone right away."

John wince, "That's not what..." It might be better to just drop it. "No, the crystal hasn't done anything, expect still draw that tiny bit of aether from myself." He kneed his arm again. "I just...it seems that these crystal are supposed to do..." he looks away, "what I can do."

"Mm? No, not really. So far they have not been able to pull anything other than dreams, and it does not look like they will be able to do anything other than that. Random dreams and dream flashbacks are not as valuable as being able to pull out precise details, especially of specific things.

At most, these things might help with psychological evaluation or perhaps communication with someone who is unconscious or unable to speak, such as Iris. Those are what my goals are for the crystal."

"Oh," John said. So it wasn't quite like what he could do. He not quite sure if he should feel relief or not over then subject. "Then my, um, ability is still needed?"

"Very much so." Titor looked at him as if he were crazy for implying otherwise. "You and your ability has already been a huge help, saved the lives of one of our own, and I think will be quite beneficial in the future."

"I was only a little help," he said, a faint blush coloring his cheeks. "You and the others did far more work on figuring out exactly where Raimy was." He glance back at Titor. Raimy words from last night still ringing in his mind. "How...how many knows what I can, um, do?" Well, besides the ones that had been there when he had dream Amaya's memories.

"I believe just myself, Raimy, and those there when the Amaya event happened... Why? Does it still make you uncomfortable? It is not that terrible of a thing, John. It can be very beneficial."

"I just...finding it hard to see it as beneficial." He ran a hand through his hair. "How do you change eleven years of what you thought about yourself? Even now, I still have to catch myself from calling it a curse." His ears drops a little, Fabrellet's words from that dream still playing in his head.

"It saved Raimy, John. Amaya was too out of it to give us details, no one else had any leads. If it were not for you, Raimy might be dead." Titor looked away, his ears lying back at the thought. "I would have been quite upset if he were dead."

Looking back at John, he tried to give a reassuring smile and nod. "If you want, we could try to study it more, perhaps figure out a way to give you more control over it, so you do not have to wear gloves all the time." He looked down at his own hands, which were also gloved, but for entirely different reasons.

"I know..." he said. "I guess I'm just worried about my place in the unit." He shakes his head. "No, it's not just that but I'm not sure how to put it into words." He bow his head, his mind playing back to all the injuries that Raimy had. Even when he did too much he still felt it wasn't enough. He look back at Titor, seeing that the other was looking at his own hands. Had he ever seen him without gloves and he truly couldn't remember.

He gave a small smile. "It seem, I'm not the only one that hides to protect those we care about." He moved over to Titor. "How much time do we have?" he asked. "Because I feel like we both are running out of time. Especially when you said something about your aether being low."

Titor reached out in a comforting gesture, looking as if he were going to rest his hands on John's shoulder, but backed out at the last moment knowing how he was uncomfortable at being touched. "You are needed here, John, and cared about here. The Division would not be the same without you here. I am honored to call you my friend and comrade." He took a deep breath, before looking at his hands.

"Ah, indeed, though the reason I keep my hands gloved is... much less exciting and important than yours. I am not sure, myself. My aether seems to be seeping from me, and I am not sure how to help it, or stop it. Not my life aether, though, just usable aether. I... hmm." he looked very solemn all of a sudden, but shook it off. "I think it will be ok."

John frown in thought. "I've been studying aether. Not sure how much my little knowledge would help." He could feel a tightness in his thoat. "I think...I might need all the friends..." He shook his head. Now was not the time to worry about himself. And it was time that he got over his dislike for being touch. He put his trembling hands on Titor's shoulders, letting just a little aether flow into his friend, even as he force himself not to jerk away from the touch. "We'll find a way, somehow to stop it...ok, Titor." And it seem Raimy was not the only one to have lost the Sir to his name.

Titor reached up again to hesitantly rest his own hands on John's shoulders. "You are.... You are a good friend, John." Titor smiled, glancing off to the side a bit. "We can help and support each other, which is what we are here for. The Division is composed of unique people with unique talents, some talents more harmful than others. But we are here for each other." He nodded, withdrawing his hands. "And everything shall be ok."

He squeeze Titor's shoulders. "Then we should get as much rest as we can, Titor. I think it's going to be a lot of late nights and hard work." He really hope that Titor was right about that. He let a little more of his aether flow outward before withdrawing his own hands from Titor's shoulders.

"Is there anything else you need me to look into, Titor? If not, then I should get some sleep. Mom going back to the clinic tomorrow and I want to make sure nothing is out of place when she get back."

"That is all. Remember, if you ever need help with anything, let me know. I will help you the best I can." He gave a smile and a nod, backing up a bit. "I shall sleep too, I think. Rest well my friend."

John lets a full smile grace his lips. "You as well, friend." He steps back and gives a quick wave. Once he had done so, he reach for the aether lines, finding that which lead to Ul'dah and home. "And I do mean sleep, Titor, not lying in bed, going over paper work," he said, catching the aether and teleporting home.