Hydaelyn Role-Players
A Wall of Fire [Closed, OOC welcome] - Printable Version

+- Hydaelyn Role-Players (https://ffxiv-roleplayers.com/mybb18)
+-- Forum: Role-Play (https://ffxiv-roleplayers.com/mybb18/forumdisplay.php?fid=27)
+--- Forum: Town Square (IC) (https://ffxiv-roleplayers.com/mybb18/forumdisplay.php?fid=21)
+--- Thread: A Wall of Fire [Closed, OOC welcome] (/showthread.php?tid=12792)

A Wall of Fire [Closed, OOC welcome] - Makyn Loneseeker - 08-01-2015

((This story is written in different parts, by me, and by Faith Lyons. It will have two perspectives each post. Makyns and the hirer. Enjoy!))

Stepping from the ferry from Aleport, clad in his normal armor and his helmet underneath his arm, Makyn looked around the dock city of Limsa Lominsa. He breathed in the salty air (Of which he had been forced to become accustomed to over the few weeks he had lived in the La Noscea area), and gazed around as people bustled about, talking in their accents, carrying things, or squabbling amongst themselves.

Out in the distance, he thought he could even see a male Roegadyn tossing a man over the side of the walkways into the waters below.

‘And they thought Ul’dah was bad.’ Makyn thought, and smirked, to himself as he thudded down the walkway away from the ferry, trying to remember the instructions he had been told to by Faith before leaving that morning.

“Guess I’ll head to the guild first…” He murmured, stomping towards the main thoroughfare.

Meanwhile outside Mealvaan’s Gate, Vivenne is looking around clad in her usual uniform of robe and pants, a Emerald Carbuncle by her side. She took a moment to look around at the normal crowds of people wandering through the area before putting her hand up to her ear.

“Jenefer, where are you hiding? You were meant to be here an hour ago so I could give you the last runthrough of the procedures before we left.” She says, in an elegant, but stern voice. Putting her hand back down to her side and checking her book was still on it’s clip. A moment later a midlanders voice could be heard though her linkshell.

“I’m sorry Madam Tinville. I was helping get this young man out of the waters, some mean Roegadyn decided to throw him off the walkway.” Says Jenefer, sounding a little panicked. “I’ll be there as soon as possible.”

“Very well, be here as soon as possible. You will be punished for this later.” Vivenne replies, sighing as she looks around once more, seeing a fellow Arcanist carrying out an inspection on some cargo watching her while she ways for her wayward student and the help Faith promised as she thinks to herself. ‘Why do I always get the difficult inspections…’

RE: A Wall of Fire [Closed, OOC welcome] - Makyn Loneseeker - 08-01-2015

The first building Makyn had walked into had turned out to be where the fishermen of Limsa had set up shop. He had done this everytime he came to the city aboard the Aleport ferry. “I’ve got to stop doing that…” He groaned quietly to himself, walking out of the building, and onto the walkway next to it. He thudded on the wood over the churning water below, wondering how the day was going to go.

Once making it down the long part of the walkway, he found himself basically smackdab in the middle of the market, with EVEN MORE people rushing about. He sighed, looking the two different directions, really not wanting to stop to ask someone which way to go.

He had turned towards the direction of the aetheryte plaza when he spotted a female figure rushing through the crowd, garbed in a white robe that billowed behind her, worriedly saying “‘scuse me!” and “sorry!” to anyone she bumped into as she hurried. A large book held in her arms.

‘Oh what the hells, could be that way…’ He thought to himself, moving in the direction of where the lady was headed, his boots thud muted over the sound of the busy marketplace.

A little ways behind that fiasco Jenefer followed briskly behind the rushing younger student. Muttering to herself “Catelyn’s late again it seems… Still using that grimoire that’s far too large for her aswell.” before looking down to her own ash grimoire clipped to her belt and the carbuncle that is daintly following behind. While navigating her way through the crowds she put an ear to her linkpearl, speaking softly into it. “So I assume I’m going to be in trouble later, right?” She said, dreading the inevitable response. A moment later, it arrived. Vivenne’s voice answering with. “Yes, I’ll think of a punishment when we get back. Now hurry up and get here.” Jenefer sighs hearing this response and continues on her way. Watching as Catelyn trips into one of the lampposts and not being able to help chuckling a little.

RE: A Wall of Fire [Closed, OOC welcome] - Makyn Loneseeker - 08-02-2015

He watched as the white robed woman he’d been following tripped, and somehow miraculously smacked into one of the lampposts that dotted the stone railings lining the major thoroughfare.

‘Maybe I shouldn’t be following this person…’ He mused internally as he observed the woman stagger back into place, before another woman in blue robes met up with her. “Come on, Vivenne is going to punish us enough at this rate…” The one who showed up speaking urgently. The woman who had tripped into the lamppost was blushing, and giggled nervously. “S-sorry, lets go…” And they both ran off. “Vivenne…?” He watched them go, and then clattered in the same direction as the robed people; he had been told to look for a Vivenne.

Vivenne, still sat outside the guild, sighs a little as she continues to wait for her student to arrive. A moment later Jenefer arrives, dragging Catelyn behind her by the hood of her robes. “Vivenne, I’ll be back in a moment. Just getting Catelyn to her lesson.” Vivenne just sighs a little, facepalming as the students go through the door, it slamming behind them.

RE: A Wall of Fire [Closed, OOC welcome] - Makyn Loneseeker - 08-04-2015

Making his way into the inside part of one of the structures that make up Limsa, he spotted a double door in all red, slamming shut. “Guess this is it…” He spoke out loud, as if to confirm it to himself, before spotting an elezen woman in green robes tsk’ing at the door that just closed. He approached her. “Hello?”

Vivenne looks at the midlander approaching her. “Hello, if you're looking for cargo or need it assessing, it’d be better for you to go…” She says, before noticing he matches the description that Faith gave her. “Wait you're the mercenary Faith promised me right? At least someone can be on time today.” She says, giving a look towards the closed doors.

RE: A Wall of Fire [Closed, OOC welcome] - Makyn Loneseeker - 08-04-2015

Makyn blinked as he was suddenly directed by the woman, and smirked when she finally recognized who he was.”I’m just a mercenary to Faith now, hm?” Chuckling. “I’m on time? That’s good to hear, thought I was going to be late, having to run around the city looking for this place.”

Looking towards the doors as well, he asked. “Are we leaving soon, then? Are the two I saw running through the door coming with as well?”

Vivenne gives her response in her usual calm voice. “Well she did explain your relationship to her. But for the purposes of this, you are the mercenary she promised me so my statement is still correct even if she didn’t word it like that and we will be leaving just as soon as the student I have shadowing me finishes dragging her fellow student to her lessons, it seems.” She says, sighing once more.

RE: A Wall of Fire [Closed, OOC welcome] - Makyn Loneseeker - 08-12-2015

Makyn couldn’t help but help but chuckle at the woman. “Alright, alright. I’m just a mercenary for this, I understand.” He smirked. “I’m hoping all of your students don’t trip into lampposts, then? If there’s anyone bad on this job, it wouldn’t be very good for her to trip into one of them.” He smirked, and looked around the area they were in, watching people pass. “Am I the only mercenary, then?”

As Makyn mentions the students tripping into the lampposts, Jenefer would be walking back through the door. “Don’t go comparing me to our new students. Plus she wasn’t even Madam Vivenne’s student.” She says, smiling. “Sorry I’m so late Vivenne.” Vivenne turns to her giving her a look. “Don’t worry about my student here. We do not let novices onto these jobs for that reason. And no, we have a few more waiting at the ship.” She says nodding. “Which we should be getting too?” She says, motioning for them to follow before starting to walk.

RE: A Wall of Fire [Closed, OOC welcome] - Makyn Loneseeker - 08-12-2015

“You’d figure they’d have learned to look where they were going before coming here.” He smirked at Jenefer, shifting his weight from foot to foot. “Guess I won’t worry, and yes, please, lets head out.” His attention back to Vivenne, and following her. “These other mercenaries, do you know how new they are? What they do?” His footsteps clattering over the other two’s steps.

Jenefer sighs a little at Makyn’s remark before Vivenne turns back to two. “I’ve used these mercs before. They have quite a bit of experience, one of them is an archer and the other two are trained marauders.” She says, thinking a moment. “How much did Faith tell you about the job before throwing you into it anyway?”