Hydaelyn Role-Players
[Journal] Memories of a Traveling Tia - Printable Version

+- Hydaelyn Role-Players (https://ffxiv-roleplayers.com/mybb18)
+-- Forum: Role-Play (https://ffxiv-roleplayers.com/mybb18/forumdisplay.php?fid=27)
+--- Forum: Town Square (IC) (https://ffxiv-roleplayers.com/mybb18/forumdisplay.php?fid=21)
+--- Thread: [Journal] Memories of a Traveling Tia (/showthread.php?tid=12831)

[Journal] Memories of a Traveling Tia - Jin - 08-04-2015

Show Content

Day: Unknown

I woke up today. The old man that found me said it was a blessing by the Twelve that I was alive. The old man, an elezen by the name of Remi Pinsonneault (I wonder if I spelled that right), informed me that I had been asleep for the better part of a moon. He had no idea how I found my way to the Gates of Judgement with two broken arms, one broken leg, and over a half- dozen fractured ribs and seven hells I couldn't give him a reason. When Remi inquired about my name all I could respond with was, "I don't know."

It's more than just my name though. Who I am, or rather was, before my deep sleep is a mystery to me. Looking in the mirror I can discern that I'm a miqo'te with green eyes and tan skin built for arid deserts of Thanalan. Mayhaps I challenged a nuhn for control over the tribe and lost horribly? Mayhaps still I crossed the wrong member of some Ul'dahn family. Seekers have a surname of....what was it....Tia? That sounds right.

Remi says I can stay in Ishgard for the time being...told me my room had been taken care of for as long as I need it. I don't know if he fronted the coin or not but I intend to repay him for saving my life. He also gave me a small leather journal to, as he put it, have a physical copy of my memories. I wish I had something like this on me before hand. Head's beginning to hurt now...I wonder what they have for food here.

- For now, Tia

RE: [Journal] Memories of a Traveling Tia - Jin - 08-04-2015

Day: Watersday

I decided to roam the streets of my current host nation today to see what the city had to offer. The Foundation seems to have a lot to offer for travelers and adventurers, with plenty of work being doled out from the Skyfire Manufactory and the hunt masters at the Forgotten Knight. The locals don't seem to mind the influx of visitors, in fact they seem pretty content with them here. 

The same can't be said about the Pillars however. This is where the more well off of Ishgard society resides. I hear their whispers as I walk through the Jeweled Crozier, suppose they aren't accustom to miqo'tes or any other races for that matter having free access to the city. There is also a massive cathedral here called "The Vault" which I'm told is home to the Archbishop of Ishgard...didn't bother walking up there.

A small, wrapped package was waiting in my room with a note that read:
"This are what I could salvage of your personal effects, hopefully they will give you some insight to who you are.
-Remi"

Not sure why the old man has taken a such and interest in me but I thank him none the less. The contents of the bag reveal little useful information...there's a tattered blood stained yakuta, the shredded remains of a turban, and various other destroyed pieces of clothing. There was one useful item however, a black leather box containing what appears to be some type of playing cards. On the bottom of the box is a small inscription that simple reads:

"G'renn's deck"

It's not a lot to go off of but it's enough. Smells like the midday meal is ready so I'll leave it here for now.

-G'renn Tia

RE: [Journal] Memories of a Traveling Tia - Jin - 08-05-2015

Day: Windsday

I asked Remi last sun about the cards in the box. He said they go to a game called "Triple Triad." When asked where this game is played he said, "Oh they play it everywhere but tournaments are held at this place called the Golden Saucer down in Southern Thanalan." When I told him that's where I was going to head to start my search, he asked that I hold off til the next sun rises....didn't give me much of a reason but after what he's done for me I couldn't rightfully turn him down.

He greeted me this morning carrying a box which contained a set of custom made armor. I asked, "Why the armor?" and his response was surprising to say the least. He told me that when I was found, I was covered in not just my own blood, but blood of various beasts from around Coerthas. It might be a small piece to the puzzle but I guess I know how to fight....mayhaps the nuhn challenge wasn't that far off.

There was one other item that Remi gifted me, a sword too large to wield with just one hand. He told me that the blade was his from when he wandered the world, seeking fame and fortune. I told him I couldn't accept something so dear but he insisted, said it kept him safe in all his travels and figures it will do the same for me. I thanked him for all he had done for me and told him the next time I saw him, I give him this journal...looks like I better find interesting stories to fill it with.

-G'renn Tia

RE: [Journal] Memories of a Traveling Tia - Jin - 08-06-2015

Day: Lightningsday

As I stood outside the Gates of Judgement, a light snow was falling over Coerthas. The armor Remi provided me did well in the cold. I'm not sure it's enchanted to ward of the elements but the helm seemed to of had some magick work done to it. It didn't keep me any warmer but my vision is undisturbed while wearing it.

Something in Coerthas stirs an uneasy feeling in the pit of my stomach, something feral or primal...I'll be glad to be out of these lands. The winds begin to pick up as make it to Camp Dragonhead. Hunting parties composed of adventures constantly flow in and out of the camp, keeping it alive with activity. I asked one of them, a small lalafell mage, who ran this outpost. She informed me that Dragonhead was garrisoned with forces from House Fortemps and those troops where lead by an elezen by the name of Haurchefant.

Heading south, the winds began to fiercely churn. I managed to make it to the First Dicasterial Observatorium of Aetherial and Astrological Phenomena (which will now be referred to as the Observatorium) before the light snow fall became a full blown blizzard. I decided to wait out the storm in a small but cozy tavern. The barmaid there makes a fantastic cup of tea. While I was reviewing my map, two midlander males where in a heated debate regarding fruit. I was too focused on my map to pick up the full conversation but one of them seemed very irate at the prospect of wasting fruit.

The winds died down long enough for me to make it to the mountain pass that lead to the northern part of the shroud. I met a man calling himself a Wood Wailer at a tower called Florentel's Spire. I asked the wailer if there was an inn near by and he recommended a place called the Bobbing Cork at Fallgourd Float. I'll have to thank him later, the beds here are fantastic. Well it's been quite a day, time for a bath and some rest.

-G'renn Tia