Hydaelyn Role-Players
Batting for the Other Team! - Printable Version

+- Hydaelyn Role-Players (https://ffxiv-roleplayers.com/mybb18)
+-- Forum: Community (https://ffxiv-roleplayers.com/mybb18/forumdisplay.php?fid=8)
+--- Forum: Fun Prompts (https://ffxiv-roleplayers.com/mybb18/forumdisplay.php?fid=43)
+--- Thread: Batting for the Other Team! (/showthread.php?tid=12858)

Pages: 1 2 3 4

RE: Batting for the Other Team! - Marisa - 08-05-2015

Oh my, apparently I'm the only person who absolutely despised Iceheart (and thought she was very plain looking)  

Aymeric, Estinien, and Haurchefant are all man-crush status, though.

RE: Batting for the Other Team! - Oroban - 08-05-2015

Aymeric, hands down. Raubahn, too. Estinien...would have been a maybe until I saw his character model without his helmet..Ugh. Just ugh.

(Warning: There's no way to prove this is really him but by god it's stuck in my head now and I can't unsee it.)
[Image: tumblr_nsgra3Ehyf1r34ikio1_1280.png]

RE: Batting for the Other Team! - Edda - 08-05-2015

I would go gay for Merlwyb in two seconds flat.

But I cannot! For I am eternally devoted to Haurchefant, the NPC love of my life. I love you Haurchefant. I love you.

RE: Batting for the Other Team! - Momo - 08-05-2015

Haurchefant, now there is a personality to get behind!

I am not much for Fem Roes personally, but Merlwyb has such a personality too, she is forceful and positive, and doesn't allow for much room to be antisocial.  That is a great trait to be attracted to, and I can see why some are!

As to Lady Iceheart, I really loved their use of color to convey her character, I wouldn't necessarily say she was traditionally beautiful, but she has an interesting quality to her, and that combined with her ability to transform into my favorite Primal...I am biased okay!  She also is a fighter for justice, and she doesn't give in to traditions as seen by her people, so I think that denotes a bravery that is also attractive...oh god I am in love with her...sahp meh!

RE: Batting for the Other Team! - Aaron - 08-05-2015

Why has no girl said Hilda yet?

This thread should be locked now because these girls have no taste in high quality women like Hilda.

Y'all disgraceful ugh.

RE: Batting for the Other Team! - Jana - 08-05-2015

(08-05-2015, 11:44 PM)Aaron Wrote: Why has no girl said Hilda yet?

It's too obvious for me, who already loves cute and beautiful women, to just list off cute and beautiful women!

RE: Batting for the Other Team! - Faye - 08-06-2015

Hilda is the only female NPC I've really cared for. Hnnnggggh.

(Merlwyb may be close behind, tho.)

And for what it's worth, my mancrushes are Thancred, Aymeric, and Haurchefant. Mostly Aymeric, though.

(08-05-2015, 10:36 PM)Marisa Wrote: Oh my, apparently I'm the only person who absolutely despised Iceheart (and thought she was very plain looking)  

Aymeric, Estinien, and Haurchefant are all man-crush status, though.

No, I thought Iceheart was awful and not the least bit attractive. (I shipped her hardcore with Estinien, though *cough*)

RE: Batting for the Other Team! - Duplicitous Dame - 08-06-2015

Welp, I bat for both teams, so I'll be giving my list of hrrrrng for both genders!

Ladies:
Hilda - Sweet Gods that English VA, I love her hair, and she's an utter bad ass!

Lucia - A beautiful, bad ass woman in armor? Gimme gimme!

Y'shtola - I prefer the HW version of her in terms of appearance, her warm personality and logical thinking makes me wanna snuggle her to pieces.

Gentleman:
Aymeric - I could listen to this man talk all day, about anything, he's ridiculously delicious, and a man of his station that *knows* what the hell he's doing is attractive.

Estinien - I could listen to him talk all day, too, and even though I can't see his face, he looks yummy in that armor and his aggressive/get shit done attitude is alluring.

Haurchefant - Voice is meh (prefer the JP for him), but he's pretty to look at, and the fact he's so darn loyal and always there for you is charming/endearing.

RE: Batting for the Other Team! - Cato - 08-06-2015

(08-05-2015, 10:50 PM)Oroban Wrote: Aymeric, hands down. Raubahn, too. Estinien...would have been a maybe until I saw his character model without his helmet..Ugh. Just ugh.

(Warning: There's no way to prove this is really him but by god it's stuck in my head now and I can't unsee it.)
[Image: tumblr_nsgra3Ehyf1r34ikio1_1280.png]

That's odd if it is really him. Is he a half-breed? He looks very unusual for an elezen...though like Aymeric he could just have been given a unique model. He's not too bad looking, I think, but definitely not as I envisioned him. I assumed he'd have a scar or two. He'd look a lot better with a sharper nose though...but it could just be a weird angle making it look bigger than it is.

RE: Batting for the Other Team! - Marisa - 08-06-2015

You know, this all has got me thinking... there are basically no beards in XIV. You literally cannot have husbando-status men without beards. How have we gone this long with this blatant oversight in manliness?

RE: Batting for the Other Team! - Cato - 08-06-2015

I've always found beards to be pretty overrated, personally. If a guy has attractive features then there's really no need for him to cover it up with thick facial hair. There's a reason as to why many conventionally attractive men in the mainstream media sport stubble instead or are clean shaven - my agent told me as much when I first began doing theatre/modelling work.

Perhaps the developers will add more facial hair options in the future, who knows? They're by no means what defines a man as being 'masculine' or not. Much in the same way that a guy doesn't need to be built like a truck to be 'masculine', contrary to what some portions of society try and claim.

RE: Batting for the Other Team! - Marisa - 08-06-2015

(08-06-2015, 05:22 AM)Graeham Wrote: I've always found beards to be pretty overrated, personally. If a guy has attractive features then there's really no need for him to cover it up with thick facial hair. There's a reason as to why many conventionally attractive men in the mainstream media sport stubble instead or are clean shaven - my agent told me as much when I first began doing theatre/modelling work.

Perhaps the developers will add more facial hair options in the future, who knows? They're by no means what defines a man as being 'masculine' or not. Much in the same way that a guy doesn't need to be built like a truck to be 'masculine', contrary to what some portions of society try and claim.
Attractive or not, if you don't have a beard, you dishonor your viking ancestors.  

Unless you don't have viking ancestors, then it's whatever.

RE: Batting for the Other Team! - Virella - 08-06-2015

Facial hair on men can be sexy as fudge tho. MORE BEARS PLEASE.

RE: Batting for the Other Team! - GloryRhodes - 08-06-2015

[Image: Lolorito_Heavensward.png]
You rang?

RE: Batting for the Other Team! - Sylentmana - 08-06-2015

I've had this weird infatuation with both Yda and Y'shtola since the 1.0 era.