Hydaelyn Role-Players
It's A Hollow Place (OPEN to two) - Printable Version

+- Hydaelyn Role-Players (https://ffxiv-roleplayers.com/mybb18)
+-- Forum: Role-Play (https://ffxiv-roleplayers.com/mybb18/forumdisplay.php?fid=27)
+--- Forum: Town Square (IC) (https://ffxiv-roleplayers.com/mybb18/forumdisplay.php?fid=21)
+--- Thread: It's A Hollow Place (OPEN to two) (/showthread.php?tid=13120)

Pages: 1 2

RE: It's A Hollow Place (OPEN to two) - Sig - 08-25-2015

((*Eats popcorn and lurks* -- this is some good forum RP, <3.))

RE: It's A Hollow Place (OPEN to two) - AeolianMode - 08-25-2015

((Gonna wait for Lin to post, don't wanna get too far ahead without them! Sorry if this kind of zeroed in on two characters- should be plenty to deal with once Khy breaks contact.

Also <3 Sig))

RE: It's A Hollow Place (OPEN to two) - Star Lin - 08-25-2015

Kestlona is about to pull back and is stop by the hyur words.  "What are ya doing?" she question.  She stands back watching the pair.  It is only after what he is doing wipes the anger from her mind.  With a quick move she catch the female.

"She's nothing but bones," she whispers.  Kestlona's face soften even as she looks unsure of what was being done by the hyur.

RE: It's A Hollow Place (OPEN to two) - I'nhalki - 08-25-2015

((Yes, sorry that became such a massive wall of description, Lin! I'm assuming you two will have plenty of RP fodder once Ki is effectively neutralized. 

Also, Aeo, don't know quite how you've constructed the function of Khy's ability, but if there is some opportunity for a memory-bleed kind of effect where I'nhalki could glimpse some of Khy's own memories maybe we could use that as a springboard to bring in his side of the story in Costa del Sol.

I consider Ki almost completely aether-ignorant/null, so that might be out of the realm of chance, however.

Again, really nice premise for a forum RP. It would be really hard to do the psychological/memory elements in-game, at least with how panicky/time-aware I feel when RPing in-game! This is great so far!))

RE: It's A Hollow Place (OPEN to two) - AeolianMode - 08-25-2015

((Sure, that's definitely plausible. Khy isn't his usual self lately, so I'm sure his work could get sloppy. Also you guys are all lovely <3))

The poor Miqo'te girl would feel an intense pain in her scalp, and those memories of the day she fought the pirates at the urging of her beautiful friend would be slipping away with it. 

But... something else happens, as that memory disappears.

A different memory slips in. Flashes. Fragments.

An arm full of lilies. 

A voice, that says, "DAMN YOU TO THE SEVEN HELLS, KHYRAN!"

And then a crowd of people, all shouting at once, "MURDERER!"

A storm.

A shipwreck.

The sensation of drowning.

Khyran breaks contact. In the real world, his hand comes away from the Miqo'te's head, his hand clenched around a round,  gleaming crystal. Materia.

His breaths are heavy and ragged. He falls backwards onto the wagon.

RE: It's A Hollow Place (OPEN to two) - Star Lin - 08-26-2015

Kestlona eyes widen at what she was seeing.  "What in the seven hells?" she said.  She could feel her jaw drop as the stranger pulls his hand away from the female miqo'te's head.  If she didn't know better she would swear that the crystal he was hold in his hand was some form of materia.  Then the hyur was falling backwards into the wagon.  Scooping the girl up into her arms the seawolf stood up and reach for her private jacket, wrapping the jacket around her, and settling her next to the wagon beside the hyur, after she remove the coins from her jacket.

Kestlona move over to the hyur, placing her fingers against his neck, and giving a sharp look to the other.  "Ya better be still alive?"  She also slip the Gil back into the pouch.  "Ya a stubborn one.  Told ya thata ya did't need to pay me."

With a sigh, she turn her attention to the bursted wheel.  "Can't call Papa.  He'd be asking all kind of questions."  She wasn't sure if the hyur was awake or not.  "Maybe can rig up something to get us ta Wineport."  She rummage through the back of the cart, trying to find something to fix the wheel.  She also pull out a couple of oranges and some of the fish.  She set up the cook stove and set some fire shards into it, so she could feed the pair while she try to fix the wheel.

RE: It's A Hollow Place (OPEN to two) - I'nhalki - 08-26-2015

((Going to ponder some of the finer implications of having a chunk of memories converted, hehe. For tonight I'll make a small post and follow up with a bigger one on my lunch break tomorrow! Feel free to fill in the time I'nhalki is unconscious or skip ahead to where I've had her wake up.))

I'nhalki collapses along with the mage, a screeching pain in her head now accompanying the mounting ache of her ribs. Her thoughts are jumbled but sharply drawn. Unfamiliar images surge through her mind, but she recognizes the horrible feeling of water filling up her lungs. 

Then, suddenly, the barrage stops. She faintly feels her body on the wet ground, but the rain has slowed to calm patter. Warmth surrounds her as she drifts in to the deep sleep of utter exhaustion. 

Her makeshift tomahawk can still be seen wedged in to the road-strewn wheel. It seems to be fairly sturdy for a weapon obviously crafted by an amateur. The axe head is tied to a piece of strong driftwood with what looks like a very strong variety of beast sinew. It appears sufficiently sturdy to hitch together something even as large as a cart wheel.

Bells later, her eyes creak open to gentle sunlight overhead. The rain has, at least temporarily, abated. She looks out from under a massive overcoat that has mysteriously wrapped its way around her. She then sniffs the air.

No thoughts enter her beleaguered mind save one:

Fish!

RE: It's A Hollow Place (OPEN to two) - Star Lin - 08-26-2015

Kestlona didn't touch the wheel just yet, looking over at the hyur wearily.  She slowly approached the wagon and the hyur.  "I need to check your wound," she said, keeping her guard up as she search for a first aid kit and the couple of potions.  "What I wouldn't give to be a healer right now."

Not sure if the hyur was conscious or not.  "Going have to take those out."  She came around to drop down beside the hyur.  She has in her hand a healing potion and in the other is a box with bandages.

RE: It's A Hollow Place (OPEN to two) - AeolianMode - 08-28-2015

Khyran seemed to be teetering on the cusp of consciousness, the materia still clutched in his hand like it, and only it, existed. Sweat beaded his brow. He didn't seem aware of anything that was going on around him, much less the pressuring state of his impromptu traveling companion.

It was some time after the food was prepared did the man seem to regain some level of clarity. Recalling where he was, he lurched upright, his arm limp at his side. If the Roe was trying to help him now, she would find his sudden lurching movements difficult to work around. 

"Ma'am? Are you alright?!" He asked, groggily. To him, not much time had passed. He looked between the Roe and the starved Miqo, his breaths heavy and rapid as he tried to assess a threat from the situation. 

But he seemed so weak... It was unlikely he could do much else. 

[color=rgba(0, 0, 0, 0.701961)]((Sorry for the wait. Had a bit of health problems. ))[/color]

RE: It's A Hollow Place (OPEN to two) - Star Lin - 08-28-2015

When she realize that the strange hyur seem to be out, she remove the blades from his arm.  Kestlona soak one of the bandages in potion and apply it to the wound.  Once that was done she remove the covering that was over the drive seat.  She wrap the makeshift blanket around the hyur before going over to the wheel and starting the repairs on it with the tomahawk parts.  She had the wheel halfway fix when the smell of the cooking fishes alert her to them being do everything.  She stands up to remove them from the stove, hearing the first bit of movement from the miqo'te.

She steps away from the miqo'te and moves over to check the hyur.  Just as Kestlona reach out to try and shake the other awake, he shoot up and scares few years out of her life.  "Am ah alright?  Ah should be asking ya that ya fool."  She holds a hand over her heart, just gray hairs from watching you try to get yaself killed.  Don't ya ever do something that crazy again."

RE: It's A Hollow Place (OPEN to two) - I'nhalki - 08-28-2015

The miqo'te squirms weakly inside the jacket, trying to flip herself around in the direction of the fish's scent. She becomes acutely aware of her cracked rib while doing so, growling at the reawakened pain. She hears the hyur and roegadyn begin to talk despite her swaddled ears. Scattered context trickles back to her in her dazed mind. She gives her head a quick shake and her ears a twitch.

Those two. Still here. I can't fight like this. How...? So hungry. Did I almost drown? I was on a ship... What is Khyran?

She winces and manages to tip herself over on her rather insistent belly. Before her the roegadyn and hyur are engaged in a conversation, and beyond them, the fish cooks over some fire crystals. Nhalki stares at the fish's bubbling and crackling skin. She tries to lift herself up, but remains unsuccessful. She knocks a few La Noscean oranges off the cart as she makes the attempt, sending them rolling toward the nearby pair.

RE: It's A Hollow Place (OPEN to two) - AeolianMode - 08-30-2015

Khyran slumped a little once he realized no one was in immediate danger. The materia loosened in his grasp, but he did not drop it. Lifting his other hand, he ran it through his greasy hair and exhaled slowly. "...Twelve. You're okay. Good..." he whispered, ignoring her comments about his foolish behavior. "...I'm sorry. Is she alright? The... miqo'te..." He didn't seem to notice the state his arm is in, but he obviously has trouble lifting it.

His gaze trailed over to the orange as it bounced and rolled on the floor, then up at the girl. "Oi," He said. "Surely you don't plan on going around stabbing people without introducing yourself first..." 

Words out of the mouth of a man who hadn't *quite* introduced himself, either.

RE: It's A Hollow Place (OPEN to two) - Star Lin - 08-31-2015

Kestlona turn a sharp eye on the hyur.  "Ah'm ok, kid might have bruise ribs...at least Ah hope it's only bruise ribs."  She points at his arm.  "Ya on the other hand needs to be seen ta."  Really she should call Papa but how in the heck was she going to explain this.  'Found the pair on the side of the road...can Ah keep them.'  She felt her lips tug into a smile.  "Ya didn't have to get involve.  Would have given her to Gil to buy her some food."  Maybe point her to her third eldest brother, maybe he would have taken her in as a student in blacksmithing.

It was then that she heard the crate of oranges trumble off the cart.  "Oi, oi," she said rushing over to jacket incase miqo'te.  "Watch yaself, or ya be hurting yaself worst then Ah did."  She unwrap the jacket enough to allow the other to get her hands free.  It was then that she notice the female was staring at the cook fishes.  She reach over,  grabbing the plate and shoving it into her hands.  "Ya eat while Ah check ya ribs."  She grab the other plate, scooting it over to the hyur.  "Ya eat too.  Going to need ya strength if Ah'm going to get ya both to Wineport and look at by a proper healer."

RE: It's A Hollow Place (OPEN to two) - I'nhalki - 09-05-2015

"Oi," the hyur said.

"Surely you don't plan on going around stabbing people without introducing yourself first..."

I'nhalki looks to him, momentarily puzzled, then remembering the situation. Her tail bristles in panic when suddenly she finds a plate of fish thrust into her lap. She looks up to the roegadyn girl's face, squinting. There is a scratching there in her mind—the uneasiness that comes with the feeling of forgetting. The mixture of sternness and kindness on the girl's face reminds her of someone, but who?

None of this matters the moment the delicious smell of fish arrives. She begins to eat wolfishly, looking up mid-bite to see the hyur's cool but expectant expression. She remembers the question through the extreme relief of having a proper meal. She replies, looking away from the pair with shame.

"I'm I'nhalki."

She looks down at the fish, ears flat.

"Thank you for this." She mumbles. She looks back to them, anxious, before she continues to eat.

RE: It's A Hollow Place (OPEN to two) - I'nhalki - 09-07-2015

((Updated—so sorry!))