Hydaelyn Role-Players
Some obnoxious falderol - Printable Version

+- Hydaelyn Role-Players (https://ffxiv-roleplayers.com/mybb18)
+-- Forum: RPC (https://ffxiv-roleplayers.com/mybb18/forumdisplay.php?fid=25)
+--- Forum: Welcome Desk (https://ffxiv-roleplayers.com/mybb18/forumdisplay.php?fid=10)
+--- Thread: Some obnoxious falderol (/showthread.php?tid=1314)

Pages: 1 2

Some obnoxious falderol - Rhostel - 06-22-2012

Heya. I don't have anything very interesting to say about who I am, but I'll say everything I can think of just in case.

I'm a 30-year old Australian who occasionally draws. I've been roleplaying since I was 10 with Dungeons & Dragons, playing Final Fantasy games since I was 16 with VII (the first to be released here), and playing MMOs since I was 23 with Guild Wars. In fact, I've played many tabletop RPGs, the majority of Final Fantasy games (and a bunch of other JRPGs) and heaps of MMOs. I love all of these things, but I missed the boat with Final Fantasy XI.

I bought the collector's edition of FF XIV on a whim, even though I was unimpressed with a lot I was hearing about it. To be honest, I have trouble resisting Amano box art and it was surprisingly affordable, probably because it looked like it was one of a few pre-orders cancelled at the last minute. Anyway, I found that I really loved the game aesthetically (it seems to borrow a lot from the Ivalice games) but I struggled with the gameplay. So, I left for a while, but when I heard about the big changes in the development team and saw how earnest they were about fixing the game, I decided to keep an eye on it. I've popped back in on occasion when I've been able to for free, but now I feel ready to dive in properly.

I've started from scratch, with a Hyuran Midlander (but probably going to change her to Highlander come 2.0) named Rhostel Donlan. I'm levelling her as a Lancer first (currently level 19), partly because it's the only combat class I didn't get around to trying before, and partly because Dragoons are frickin' cool. I consider myself a medium roleplayer; I act in character as much as I can without it getting in the way of having fun with the game.

Re: Some obnoxious falderol - Smiling River - 06-23-2012

Welcome back to XIV, hope you find some RP~

Re: Some obnoxious falderol - Rhostel - 06-25-2012

Me too! In the meantime I've been figuring out Rhostel's identity, and starting to draw her. Just an anatomy sketch, because I really don't have any RP gear for her yet. That's important, though, because as a Highlander and a fighter she's much bigger and stronger than her ingame model. Wink

Re: Some obnoxious falderol - Gerik - 06-26-2012

How fancy! Let's draw together sometime!

Re: Some obnoxious falderol - Gerik - 06-29-2012

The party missed you! Let's team up again sometime, it was fun.

Re: Some obnoxious falderol - Rhostel - 06-29-2012

Yeah. When I disconnected almost instantly after getting back in, I figured I should just turn everything off and step away for a little while. Then RL stuff happened and by the time I got back you were gone and everything worked fine thereafter. *sigh*

Re: Some obnoxious falderol - Rhostel - 11-06-2012

*cough*

So I got sidelined by GW2 at a time when I was getting frustrated with FFXIV. Now, I can't join you all in these last days, but I figured I should poke my head in and say that I'm not dead! I shall return for ARR, and probably start getting active in the community in the lead up.

Anyway, stuuuuuff.

Re: Some obnoxious falderol - Gerik - 11-06-2012

Nonsensicles Wrote:*cough*

So I got sidelined by GW2 at a time when I was getting frustrated with FFXIV. Now, I can't join you all in these last days, but I figured I should poke my head in and say that I'm not dead! I shall return for ARR, and probably start getting active in the community in the lead up.

Anyway, stuuuuuff.
WB! Excited to see you again!

Re: Some obnoxious falderol - Kylin - 11-08-2012

All accounts/characters have been reactivated for the last 3 days. So now's your chance to get back in the game for the finale events! ^^

Re: Some obnoxious falderol - Aysun - 11-08-2012

Kylin Wrote:All accounts/characters have been reactivated for the last 3 days. So now's your chance to get back in the game for the finale events! ^^

WHY HAVE YOU NOT POSTED THIS IN HEADLINES?!

Re: Some obnoxious falderol - Rhostel - 11-08-2012

I already knew, thanks to Massively.com. Wink Was just coming to say something about it.

I'll be there!

RE: Some obnoxious falderol - Rhostel - 07-31-2014

Cactuar I live!

RE: Some obnoxious falderol - Faye - 07-31-2014

Looks like it's been a while! Welcome back!

RE: Some obnoxious falderol - LiveVoltage - 08-01-2014

Hello, and welcome back to the RPC!   :D

RE: Some obnoxious falderol - Eva - 08-01-2014

Ha!! I was like, "that thread title looks familiar!" Welcome back! Thumbsup