Hydaelyn Role-Players
[Balmung] Tristram Greythorne - Printable Version

+- Hydaelyn Role-Players (https://ffxiv-roleplayers.com/mybb18)
+-- Forum: Resources (https://ffxiv-roleplayers.com/mybb18/forumdisplay.php?fid=17)
+--- Forum: Player Directory (https://ffxiv-roleplayers.com/mybb18/forumdisplay.php?fid=19)
+--- Thread: [Balmung] Tristram Greythorne (/showthread.php?tid=13164)

Tristram Greythorne - Greybarren - 08-26-2015

I. Basic Info 
  • Characters:Tristram Greythorne
  • Primary character:Tristram Greythorne
  • Linkshells:Open Roleplay
  • Primary RP linkshell:None

II. RP Style 
  • Amount of RP (light, medium, heavy):
  • Medium:  Not in IC at all times or what I may be doing on the character avatar may at times not be representative of the character itself (PvE gameplay, leveling other classes, Raiding, etc.)  When in doubt, please ask.

I will not maintain an extensive character wiki/bio, nor will I chat openly about all the backstory details of a characer.  I much prefer to roleplay those discoveries and reveals out than learn about them OOCly.

• Views on RP combat and injuries:
  • Preferred style is freeform emote, though I will use simple /random based combat from time to time.  More complicated /random or dice based execution will require an OOC converstion.  As this is not a PvP focused game, I feel it is inappropriate to for use of RP combat within this medium.

RP combat presentation will likely be a theatrical style, based in realism but with embellishments for the sake of entertainment/storytelling.

Injuries will happen, and are an expected consquence of RP combat/action.  I use a natural time to heal for most untreated or conventionally treated injuries for my character.  Magic/alchemy may expedite or not, to be decided on a case by case basis.  Permanent injuries and death to my character may occur at my consent only, and I extend the same respect to others.

• Views on IC romance:
  • If it makes sense for the character, perhaps.  My own personal situations in real life will dictate if my character will engage in these interactions or not.  I generally favor some OOC communication about the characters involved once it looks like their stories may progress in that direction to a serious or involved degree.

• Views on non-romantic RP (family ties, etc):
  • Family, pre-built friendships, nemisis, rivals, apprentices, exes, etc:  Talk to me, I'm pretty willing to at least consider most ideas.

• Views on lore:
  • My view on lore is best described as foundational.  It is required to build the characters we play and interact with them in the world.  However, it is built upon through interactions or through assumptions we have to make as roleplayers to execute the concepts we desire to play.  The farther away from lore you get, the more likely is likely to not hold up in the setting we interact with.

In short, I generally aim to obey the lore, but recognize there are areas where we need to utilize our own creative license.

• Views on chat functions (/say, /linkshell, etc):
  • Say, emote, shout are pretty conventially viewed for open RP.  Yes, I will often combine speech in an emote if actions is executed while talking.

Party for roleplay is fine for representing conversations that can't be overheard or need additional privacy.  Doing all RP in party for the simple sake of being closed/controlled is not something I seek to do or am very fond of.

III. Other Info 
  • Timezone:UTC−04:00
  • Contact info:Coming soon.

~Special announcements can be found in the posts below~

RE: Tristram Greythorne - Aya - 08-26-2015

Welcome again out of the shadows! I am curious to see what a vagrant woodsman gets up to in Eorzea!