Hydaelyn Role-Players
About the Rising Event[SPOILERS] - Printable Version

+- Hydaelyn Role-Players (https://ffxiv-roleplayers.com/mybb18)
+-- Forum: Final Fantasy 14 (https://ffxiv-roleplayers.com/mybb18/forumdisplay.php?fid=41)
+--- Forum: FFXIV Discussion (https://ffxiv-roleplayers.com/mybb18/forumdisplay.php?fid=12)
+--- Thread: About the Rising Event[SPOILERS] (/showthread.php?tid=13180)

Pages: 1 2 3

RE: About the Rising Event[SPOILERS] - mongi291 - 08-27-2015

(08-27-2015, 05:53 PM)Yssen Wrote:
(08-27-2015, 05:41 PM)I Wrote:
(08-27-2015, 04:19 PM)Drifter Wrote: I'm,surprised no one has mentioned what is said by Yoshida after you return to the Eighteenth floor...

http://imgur.com/a/vh0OK

Sorry if the images are out of order, uploaded via mobile app

<3

All I will say is that we could use another healer and tank! Though somehow I doubt RDM would end up as firmly in the healer/support role in XIV as it did in XI.

Yoshi-P has said that he wants it to have healing and support options, but that (admitteldly) does not necessarily mean it is firmly placed in the healer/support role. Though, if FFXI was any indication...
FFXIV is quite different from FFXI. Most classes, especially DRK, have already demonstrated that.
The way I see it, RDM is gonna be a melee DPS with a rapier, with an heavy use of MP, magic spells that work like DRK's spells, healing spells that work like PLD's Clemency, and buffs like BRD's and MCH's.
I think it would work very well this way, and it still allows it to mantain that "jack of all trades" feel.
If they force into healer role, to make it work like FFXI's RDM, I'm not gonna even touch it, despite liking both healing and Red Mages.

RE: About the Rising Event[SPOILERS] - Caspar - 08-27-2015

I really hope a supporty melee comes out, whether it's dancer or red mage. I am very proud of playing melee, and would like nothing more than to specialize in only melee characters. A melee support dps would eliminate my need to play bard and machinist. More so if a melee healer is introduced as well.

RE: About the Rising Event[SPOILERS] - Cailean Lockwood - 08-27-2015

*crossing fingers for Red Mage*

RE: About the Rising Event[SPOILERS] - Telluride - 08-27-2015

All right, all right... I surrender my usual critiques to admit that this thing was unexpectedly classy.

I give a thumbs up. Don't faint.

RE: About the Rising Event[SPOILERS] - Sylentmana - 08-28-2015

This event was just the greatest surprise I've had in a while. Then there was that moment when Yoshida walked up all in slow motion and I realized that he looks exactly like the minstrel! I was like, "You! It was you all along!"

Also, did anyone else notice that when they surround you toward the end there is twelve of them? The Twelve are real and not just aetheric beings, you guys!Laugh

RE: About the Rising Event[SPOILERS] - Manari - 08-28-2015

This gave me awesome nostalgia flashbacks to the FFIV and Chrono Trigger Dev rooms. It was so cool to of them to do this. The best event in FFXIV yet.

I also caught the fact that the Rising Vendor was literally just Minfilia's 1.0 model.

But also... that music. That haunting rendition of Answers that plays when you get near the center of Ul'dah. It made me remember the very end of 1.0, when all the music in the zones was replaced by that very same ghostly distance version of Answers and Dalamud was at its biggest in the sky. So amazing of them to throw that in there. Yoshi P has really done something amazing with FFXIV.

Though I guess a lot of players who started in 2.0 are only just now starting to realize that the Wandering Minstrel has been Yoshi P the entire time since 1.0.

RE: About the Rising Event[SPOILERS] - Gegenji - 08-28-2015

(08-28-2015, 10:12 AM)Manari Wrote: This gave me awesome nostalgia flashbacks to the FFIV and Chrono Trigger Dev rooms.  It was so cool to of them to do this.  The best event in FFXIV yet. 

That was what grabbed me too. Totally got a Chrono Trigger dev room vibe from the place. I was wandering around the place looking for every little interesting tidbit I could find and conversation to overhear. You even have the last room with the "Most Important" person behind it (kinda like the room with the big four or five folks in the CT ending). If they intended it like that, then that's just all the more amazing of the dev team.

RE: About the Rising Event[SPOILERS] - Kellach Woods - 08-28-2015

If it was a FFIV dev room there'd be a smut book somewhere.

RE: About the Rising Event[SPOILERS] - Warren Castille - 08-28-2015

(08-27-2015, 06:02 PM)mongi291 Wrote: FFXIV is quite different from FFXI. Most classes, especially DRK, have already demonstrated that.
The way I see it, RDM is gonna be a melee DPS with a rapier, with an heavy use of MP, magic spells that work like DRK's spells, healing spells that work like PLD's Clemency, and buffs like BRD's and MCH's.
I think it would work very well this way, and it still allows it to mantain that "jack of all trades" feel.
If they force into healer role, to make it work like FFXI's RDM, I'm not gonna even touch it, despite liking both healing and Red Mages.

Show Content

RE: About the Rising Event[SPOILERS] - Steel Wolf - 08-28-2015

I have to say I (almost) take back everything I said about the event being lackluster. That was far beyond my expectation and was executed incredibly well.

Definitely gave me that Chrono Trigger fast ending feeling as well. And the way that Yoshi arrived was pretty hilarious.

The line that struck me, though, was the humility expressed when he mentioned building up a realm from the ashes of hubris. That was stupendously humbling, even after two years of incredible success.

Fantastic event.

RE: About the Rising Event[SPOILERS] - Telluride - 08-28-2015

(08-28-2015, 12:00 PM)Steel Wolf Wrote: The line that struck me, though, was the humility expressed when he mentioned building up a realm from the ashes of hubris. That was stupendously humbling, even after two years of incredible success.

I had the very same reaction, and I give a ton of respect to him for saying so.

Heck, I've been rather lukewarm about the game as a whole lately, but seeing that cutscene and that little dev area did more to restore my faith in the game than a thousand new minions and party favors ever could.

RE: About the Rising Event[SPOILERS] - mongi291 - 08-28-2015

(08-28-2015, 10:40 AM)Warren Castille Wrote:
(08-27-2015, 06:02 PM)mongi291 Wrote: FFXIV is quite different from FFXI. Most classes, especially DRK, have already demonstrated that.

Show Content

Show Content

RE: About the Rising Event[SPOILERS] - Blue - 08-28-2015

This made me cranky.

[Image: 55e0904e22c3921e652f695d.jpg]

RE: About the Rising Event[SPOILERS] - Kellach Woods - 08-29-2015

Whatever they end up doing with any classes I'm pretty sure it'll be competent mechanically and will require adjustments on the numbers side at first (see MCH/DRK/AST)

RE: About the Rising Event[SPOILERS] - Artigan - 08-29-2015

I found it all rather corny and hypish, but at least some people are enjoying the event. I never had any interest in "dev rooms" when playing my video games.