Hydaelyn Role-Players
Hairstyle voting begins! - Printable Version

+- Hydaelyn Role-Players (https://ffxiv-roleplayers.com/mybb18)
+-- Forum: Final Fantasy 14 (https://ffxiv-roleplayers.com/mybb18/forumdisplay.php?fid=41)
+--- Forum: FFXIV News (https://ffxiv-roleplayers.com/mybb18/forumdisplay.php?fid=9)
+--- Thread: Hairstyle voting begins! (/showthread.php?tid=13237)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12

RE: Hairstyle voting begins! - -no longer matters- - 09-14-2015

Not happy with the hairstyle winners. But hey I guess someone liked them. *shrug* Two more hairstyles I'll never use I guess.

RE: Hairstyle voting begins! - Berrod Armstrong - 09-14-2015

(09-14-2015, 10:20 AM)War Bear Wrote: Not happy with the hairstyle winners. But hey I guess someone liked them. *shrug* Two more hairstyles I'll never use I guess.
I dare you. Wear it for a scene and I will.

RE: Hairstyle voting begins! - -no longer matters- - 09-14-2015

(09-14-2015, 10:23 AM)Berrod Armstrong Wrote:
(09-14-2015, 10:20 AM)War Bear Wrote: Not happy with the hairstyle winners. But hey I guess someone liked them. *shrug* Two more hairstyles I'll never use I guess.
I dare you. Wear it for a scene and I will.
OMG hahaha!

RE: Hairstyle voting begins! - Cailean Lockwood - 09-14-2015

That's some of the most boring hairstyles that won. What a disappointment.

RE: Hairstyle voting begins! - Valtiere - 09-14-2015

For the male styles, I was kind of hoping that either of the first two runners up would win. The actual winner isn't bad but I thought the other two were much better choices.

Ah well, the female one looks nice anyway.

RE: Hairstyle voting begins! - Seriphyn - 09-14-2015

This captures my sentiment.

But hey, it's not a Western RPG, so can't expect Western hairstyles, 'ey?

RE: Hairstyle voting begins! - Shoshopu - 09-14-2015

Oh, phew!! The sausage braid hairstyle that was gonna clip through everything didn't win. For a while it looked like it was going to.

I like the winners alright, don't know if or when I'll use them but I won't mind seeing them around, although there were other styles I liked better (like the second female runner up and the first male runner up)

Hopefully they'll have contests like this more often and they'll be more transparent about what they're looking for, and we won't have so many situations where the black and white sketch from the front only made it to the voting but the beautifully rendered curls didn't.

RE: Hairstyle voting begins! - Caspar - 09-14-2015

(09-14-2015, 11:51 AM)Seriphyn Wrote: This captures my sentiment.

You're finally catching on. :D

I wanted the other, lala-friendlier side tie. I'm just glad both hairstyles are asymmetrical. Overall they're very nice looking and will look good with a wide variety of gear. I wonder about the clipping issues on the female one.

RE: Hairstyle voting begins! - Bearclaw - 09-14-2015

The fine print of the contest said they reserved the right to add in runner ups so we could still get the fighter hair or pompadour.

RE: Hairstyle voting begins! - McBeefâ„¢ - 09-14-2015

The annoying part is that every winner and runner up is from a Japanese player.

I find that rather suspicious. Especially because the styles to be voted on were presumably picked by the Japanese Devs.

If you look at the page, there isn't a single non japanese entry :c

RE: Hairstyle voting begins! - Bearclaw - 09-14-2015

(09-14-2015, 01:01 PM)McBeefâ„¢ Wrote:

I find that rather suspicious. Especially because the styles to be voted on were presumably picked by the Japanese Devs.

The male hairstyle was carried by female Japanese fans that make up a large portion of the Japanese player base. You have to remember that the Japanese will also be more likely to vote in Fandom blocs as well.

RE: Hairstyle voting begins! - Telluride - 09-14-2015

Let's be honest. Thinking that non-Japanese tastes are going to be strongly catered to in this game pretty much IS the "Final Fantasy"

RE: Hairstyle voting begins! - Flickering Ember - 09-14-2015

(09-14-2015, 01:11 PM)Telluride Wrote:

Let's be honest. Thinking that non-Japanese tastes are going to be strongly catered to in this game pretty much IS the "Final Fantasy"

Just to put things in perspective though...

There are more non-Japanese subs than Japanese. No clue on China or Korea.

I see this point but it bugs me. Especially after the whole "there is no original language" point that was drive home in the "What language do you play with?" thread.

Plus with SE always acknowledging how different regions want different things...I feel like SE -should- cater to Western audiences more.

RE: Hairstyle voting begins! - Kraz - 09-14-2015

Personally I'm extremely disappointed in the winners. We've essentially got yet another pretty boy hairstyle (like we don't have enough of those already) and some of the other entries that aren't even runner ups were substantially more interesting and stylish. Seriously fuck people that want more pretty boy hair.

SE dropped the ball catastrophically in how voting for this was handled as well. IMO the entire thing needs to be restarted from scratch and the votes tallied up again.

Also the whole winners/runner up thing being all japanese just raises eyebrows as well.

RE: Hairstyle voting begins! - Cato - 09-14-2015

The best we can do at this point is make it clear that there's reasonably high demand for more 'western' hairstyles to be added to the game. So long as they continue to add a variety of different options over time I won't complain - but if they leave it up to dubious voting systems then I won't be happy.

Though we need to band together and present the feedback over on the official site in a direct and constructive manner. With any luck it'll receive a fair bit of attention since there seems to be a lot of people expressing their disappointment towards the winning entries.