Hydaelyn Role-Players
Hairstyle voting begins! - Printable Version

+- Hydaelyn Role-Players (https://ffxiv-roleplayers.com/mybb18)
+-- Forum: Final Fantasy 14 (https://ffxiv-roleplayers.com/mybb18/forumdisplay.php?fid=41)
+--- Forum: FFXIV News (https://ffxiv-roleplayers.com/mybb18/forumdisplay.php?fid=9)
+--- Thread: Hairstyle voting begins! (/showthread.php?tid=13237)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12

RE: Hairstyle voting begins! - Caspar - 09-14-2015

In any case, I think it's natural sort of median-level hairstyles win voting competitions. They are the choices that suit the majority of players and to do that they aren't really catered to the specific purposes of any individual group or player base. As an outlier, I don't think these hairstyles look good on lala, especially not the otomege-tastic male one, handsome as both choices are.

RE: Hairstyle voting begins! - Kage - 09-14-2015

(09-14-2015, 03:20 PM)Caspar Wrote: In any case, I think it's natural sort of median-level hairstyles win voting competitions. They are the choices that suit the majority of players and to do that they aren't really catered to the specific purposes of any individual group or player base. As an outlier, I don't think these hairstyles look good on lala, especially not the otomege-tastic male one, handsome as both choices are.

I would say it works like any other multiple choice, and with it being such subjective matter, a large amount of people will actually be unhappy.

A -39%
B - 21%
C - 12 %
D - 28 %

A will win because they have the "most" but 39/100? If -everyone- else of B C and D were upset, then the majority of the playerbase is not happy.

RE: Hairstyle voting begins! - Caspar - 09-14-2015

(09-14-2015, 03:29 PM)Kage Wrote:
(09-14-2015, 03:20 PM)Caspar Wrote: In any case, I think it's natural sort of median-level hairstyles win voting competitions. They are the choices that suit the majority of players and to do that they aren't really catered to the specific purposes of any individual group or player base. As an outlier, I don't think these hairstyles look good on lala, especially not the otomege-tastic male one, handsome as both choices are.

I would say it works like any other multiple choice, and with it being such subjective matter, a large amount of people will actually be unhappy.

A -39%
B - 21%
C - 12 %
D - 28 %

A will win because they have the "most" but 39/100? If -everyone- else of B C and D were upset, then the majority of the playerbase is not happy.
That's a better way to put it, and sort of what I wanted to get at. The usability is catered towards the perceived majority of players whose characters the hairstyle will work on, not the disparate rest.

RE: Hairstyle voting begins! - rainichan - 09-14-2015

(09-14-2015, 01:58 PM)Unnamed Mercenary Wrote: [[now as a mod]]

There's an alarming amount of negativity, dismay, and conspiracy theorizing happening in here. 

Can we please not have this turn into yet another "I hate the character Creator" thread please? 

If the post is not constructive and not on-topic, please refrain from posting it in this thread.

[[steps out]]
Sorry, wasn't trying to be negative! Sad It was like 4am when I saw the results and I should have refrained from posting until I was much more awake to put my thoughts into what I was saying (which, words are hard when you're dead tired but are still awake.) My post sounded a lot more lighthearted in my head than it did typed out.

I won't personally be using the styles that won (I don't think at least... never know when a character might go "nope this works 100% for me" right?) and while I liked the other ones more on a more personal aesthetically pleasing level, congrats to the winners! I've seen some love for the winning entries already on tumblr, so I know they'll be getting some love. I do hope they grab some of the other entries in the future though and rework some of the ones that might have been disqualified but they wanted, though I also hope the two winning aren't the only ones they release in the patch (not because I don't like them, more because I love seeing what other styles the devs come up with too!) since they usually try to do like 3 or 4 each patch. Maybe we'll see a retooled entry in 3.1?

RE: Hairstyle voting begins! - Blue - 09-14-2015

My main complaint on the voting system is that it didn't allow access to all players, as some of us got banned from the boards (and it's VERY easy to get banned. I got banned for using the word "prick" once, for using a gif with the word "bitch, please" that was supposed to make fun of MYSELF, and for reporting a cheater with a screenshot that didn't have all names hidden, and these 3 things happened respectively in 2015, 2014 and 2013, so it's not even "so many mishaps in one year". They will count your sins from the very moment you register). I wish they had used the Lodestone or a poll on the client instead. I felt horribly excluded.

RE: Hairstyle voting begins! - McBeefâ„¢ - 09-14-2015

(09-14-2015, 05:37 PM)Blue Wrote: My main complaint on the voting system is that it didn't allow access to all players, as some of us got banned from the boards (and it's VERY easy to get banned. I got banned for using the word "prick" once, for using a gif with the word "bitch, please" that was supposed to make fun of MYSELF, and for reporting a cheater with a screenshot that didn't have all names hidden). I wish they had used the Lodestone or a poll on the client instead. I felt horribly excluded.
I'm hoping this is sarcasm.

But I can't tell.

RE: Hairstyle voting begins! - Blue - 09-14-2015

(09-14-2015, 05:40 PM)McBeefâ„¢ Wrote:
(09-14-2015, 05:37 PM)Blue Wrote: My main complaint on the voting system is that it didn't allow access to all players, as some of us got banned from the boards (and it's VERY easy to get banned. I got banned for using the word "prick" once, for using a gif with the word "bitch, please" that was supposed to make fun of MYSELF, and for reporting a cheater with a screenshot that didn't have all names hidden). I wish they had used the Lodestone or a poll on the client instead. I felt horribly excluded.
I'm hoping this is sarcasm.

But I can't tell.

It's not...?

If you feel I deserved a permanent ban for those things and that forum-banned players shouldn't deserve to vote, good for you. But there is no need to mock me for something that genuinely hurts me and that I have been trying to apologize for several times directly at SE. A mistake a year should not warrant a permanent, never-forgiving ban to me. I wouldn't hold a grudge to anyone who wronged me once a year, myself.

RE: Hairstyle voting begins! - Unnamed Mercenary - 09-14-2015

We're done here.

Despite the thread being left open after voting had ended, due to attitude of posts, the thread has been locked.

If you would like to further discuss thoughts on the new hairstyles, please open a new thread. If you would like to discuss thoughts on how the voting system could have been improved, or how it failed, please open a new thread. If you would like to discuss the terms of agreement on the official forums, I would suggest keeping that in PMs, but a thread could be opened for that as well.