Hydaelyn Role-Players
Hairstyle voting begins! - Printable Version

+- Hydaelyn Role-Players (https://ffxiv-roleplayers.com/mybb18)
+-- Forum: Final Fantasy 14 (https://ffxiv-roleplayers.com/mybb18/forumdisplay.php?fid=41)
+--- Forum: FFXIV News (https://ffxiv-roleplayers.com/mybb18/forumdisplay.php?fid=9)
+--- Thread: Hairstyle voting begins! (/showthread.php?tid=13237)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12

RE: Hairstyle voting begins! - Berrod Armstrong - 09-01-2015

(09-01-2015, 09:43 AM)Graeham Wrote: I'm not gonna lie - I'm pretty disappointed with what's on offer. I mean, yeah - at the end of the day it's a Final Fantasy game - but I think we're in dire need of some more 'normal' looking hairstyles for both men and women. I'd love some more short hairstyles for male characters that aren't too unusual.

Maybe I'm in the minority, though? I don't know - but I'm not even opposed to unusual hairstyles provided they look pretty cool...but I feel like most of the entries are just bland or blatant attempts to be 'pseudo-anime'.
*Vigorously points at in agreement*

RE: Hairstyle voting begins! - Miko Shiroi - 09-01-2015

Oh my god. I NEED number 11 for my male Miqo'te. Please, for the love of Hydaelyn. It's just so perfect and suiting to his personality.

As far as the female styles go, I'm not too impressed. I suppose my favorite is number 16.

RE: Hairstyle voting begins! - ɴᴘᴄ - 09-01-2015

(09-01-2015, 09:43 AM)Graeham Wrote: I don't know - but I'm not even opposed to unusual hairstyles provided they look pretty cool...but I feel like most of the entries are just bland or blatant attempts to be 'pseudo-anime'.

I agree in that I feel there are often too many 'comedy relief' hairstyles. I'm just glad we're dealing with SE and not Sega.

RE: Hairstyle voting begins! - Elaris - 09-01-2015

Erm, It's a toss up between female 16 or 21 for me.
As for the males, I'd go with 23 or 25.
I cannot decide which one I would rather have in the game before the other.
I'm sure the other hairstyles that do not win will make it into the game at some point if SE is running out of ideas when it comes to hairstyles.

RE: Hairstyle voting begins! - Fox - 09-01-2015

(09-01-2015, 09:48 AM)Kheyo Tia Wrote: Oh my god. I NEED number 11 for my male Miqo'te. Please, for the love of Hydaelyn. It's just so perfect and suiting to his personality.

As far as the female styles go, I'm not too impressed. I suppose my favorite is number 16.

I really, really like that one too. It's very nice on the non-outrageous sort of way.

RE: Hairstyle voting begins! - Telluride - 09-01-2015

(09-01-2015, 09:47 AM)Berrod Armstrong Wrote:
(09-01-2015, 09:43 AM)Graeham Wrote: I'm not gonna lie - I'm pretty disappointed with what's on offer. I mean, yeah - at the end of the day it's a Final Fantasy game - but I think we're in dire need of some more 'normal' looking hairstyles for both men and women. I'd love some more short hairstyles for male characters that aren't too unusual.

Maybe I'm in the minority, though? I don't know - but I'm not even opposed to unusual hairstyles provided they look pretty cool...but I feel like most of the entries are just bland or blatant attempts to be 'pseudo-anime'.
*Vigorously points at in agreement*

Add me to this camp. A lot of them looked neat, yes, but I didn't honestly see any styles I would want for any of my characters. However, I also realize that I prefer a Western aesthetic, and that doesn't really endear me to much of what's being offered *shrug*

I DID like the idea of acccents/hairbands/flowers/clips/et al. changing color as the accent color changes, though.

RE: Hairstyle voting begins! - Amelia - 09-01-2015

I really don't understand what's so great about 8 and 16 for females. 8 looks like some of the hair already in the game... and that sausage braid on 16 is going to clip EVERYTHING. It'll clip tiara head pieces and the braid on the shoulder will clip most chest pieces.

So many of the female entries look the damn same... But 17 has my vote.

/disappointed

RE: Hairstyle voting begins! - Aaron - 09-01-2015

Well considering how the Final Fantasy series has a LOT in common with multiple anime tropes, im really not surprised the hairstyles follow it.

Had this been a western mmo with stuff following American comic books you'd see a lot more buzz cuts or cowlick style hair cuts. Or Thor if you're lucky.

RE: Hairstyle voting begins! - Fox - 09-01-2015

(09-01-2015, 10:23 AM)Aaron Wrote:

Well considering how the Final Fantasy series has a LOT in common with multiple anime tropes, im really not surprised the hairstyles follow it.

Had this been a western mmo with stuff following American comic books you'd see a lot more buzz cuts or cowlick style hair cuts. Or Thor if you're lucky.

Yeah... TOR is a really good example of this.

RE: Hairstyle voting begins! - Arrelaine - 09-01-2015

I wanted to see a curly option, but all we got was another wavy for the voting on females...

RE: Hairstyle voting begins! - Caspar - 09-01-2015

[Image: tumblr_marrp1Zpl01qb5ftao5_r1_400.png]
The hairstyles aren't as outrageous as I thought they'd be. In retrospect, I should have expected something a bit more controlled. It is a shame that only one can make it through, though there is a chance some others might if they're popular enough. Most of the male ones are... definitely in the spirit of FF... Some of those look like you'd pretty much expect them on any young "ikemen" kinda guy in Japan. >_<

I like how almost all the female ones capture a look that the existing hair options do not. The messy, wavy long hair is something I'd love to see. Two of them are essentially like this, so clearly there is a demand. (4 and 10 are almost too similar, kind of superfluous if you ask me.) And I love the "Han" look of 5... It's just a shame there's no analogue culture for me to play in setting, or I'd make use of it, since I'm biased. Number 6 looks pretty blatantly inspired by a Fire Emblem character's, I'd rather it not win, but it looks decent enough. That 2 dread hairstyle looks way better than the existing one IMO and would go great with a lot of characters. It's wild!

But, I gotta go with 1. Because this game does NOT have a side tie and I might have reason enough to make her use it IC someday. They even put it on a Lala for maximum cuteness XD.

For men, I like the pompadour, but it looks too similar to Flynt's hair...
The number 4 mushroom head is funny! I was hoping we'd get a hairstyle that covered the character's eyes, though it is on male character, so I guess I wouldn't get to use it. Number 2 is the perfect "evil magistrate" chanbara hair! It's overflowing with Japanese spirit. I bet a lot of rpers would not use it though, as it's not very handsome. No. 1 looks like a big rose head... it's kinda weird. I like that it's on a Lala, but like many others it feels like he leapt from the pages of a shoujo anime. 10 would be okay, but then they put an ugly hat on him in one of the pictures. The others do not stand out to me as much, with one notable exception, and they are redundant with a lot of the other guys' hairstyles, because they look messy and "stylish" with what is popular over there.

I like 9 them most I think. There is a lack of ponytails for men, and I like the look of that one the most. It has a nice warrior's spirit look to it.

RE: Hairstyle voting begins! - Shoshopu - 09-01-2015

So far my favorites are male hairstyles that I wish would be unisex TT_TT

Female hair #18 is probably the one I'd most want to win but it's probably not, which is really sad...

I ended up Liking (that's how we vote right)? multiple ones in each category oops, just the ones I'd want to happen the most

2, 3, 18, 25 for females. Of these I think the Faris hair is my favorite.

4, 9, 14 and 23 for males. Of these I like 23 the best.

RE: Hairstyle voting begins! - Aaron - 09-01-2015

#23 is the definition of girly.

If guys really are voting to look like that they really should just play a woman. Like lookin at it my "actually a girl" (since people are sensitive) sensor is going off the charts.

Edit - 800+ votes. . . what the fuck y'all. Lol

Double Edit - Yay 21 is defo gonna win for girls. I approve of that sexy hairstyle 200%

RE: Hairstyle voting begins! - Korin - 09-01-2015

I'm a little disappointed - None of the styles really leapt out at me in the "I NEED THIS TAKE ALL OF MY LIKES" way that I was hoping for.

I wouldn't really like to see #9 to win the male vote because I'd rather they just cross over that male Au Ra ponytail in the future - I've heard a few folks complaining that they wanted that style on X race, after all. I just think it'd be better to use this opportunity to actually give us all a new style instead.

But that's just my opinion, I worry that a few of the popular styles won't actually look that good ingame. So much clipping! I suppose we'll just have to wait and see, though...

RE: Hairstyle voting begins! - Virella - 09-01-2015

I wanted long sexy flowing hair for both genders ;_;