Hydaelyn Role-Players
Hairstyle voting begins! - Printable Version

+- Hydaelyn Role-Players (https://ffxiv-roleplayers.com/mybb18)
+-- Forum: Final Fantasy 14 (https://ffxiv-roleplayers.com/mybb18/forumdisplay.php?fid=41)
+--- Forum: FFXIV News (https://ffxiv-roleplayers.com/mybb18/forumdisplay.php?fid=9)
+--- Thread: Hairstyle voting begins! (/showthread.php?tid=13237)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12

RE: Hairstyle voting begins! - Cato - 09-01-2015

(09-01-2015, 05:29 PM)Kaguya Nightsong Wrote: So sad to see some of the finalists compared to the ones that didn't make it popping up on tumblr ;-;

I thought people were exaggerating/being bitter...but your statement rings true. A lot of the entries uploaded to Tumblr are so much better. Sad

RE: Hairstyle voting begins! - Arrelaine - 09-01-2015

I just wanted a curly hair. Sad I did like a silver screen era curl but really anything but another wavy.

RE: Hairstyle voting begins! - LiadansWhisper - 09-02-2015

(09-01-2015, 11:37 PM)Graeham Wrote:
(09-01-2015, 05:29 PM)Kaguya Nightsong Wrote: So sad to see some of the finalists compared to the ones that didn't make it popping up on tumblr ;-;

I thought people were exaggerating/being bitter...but your statement rings true. A lot of the entries uploaded to Tumblr are so much better. Sad

Yeah.  I'm actually pretty pissed.  There are several hairstyles I like much better that apparently didn't make the cut.

RE: Hairstyle voting begins! - Enla - 09-02-2015

(09-02-2015, 12:10 AM)LiadansWhisper Wrote:
(09-01-2015, 11:37 PM)Graeham Wrote:

Yeah.  I'm actually pretty pissed.  There are several hairstyles I like much better that apparently didn't make the cut.

Looking through the tumblr tags of all the rejected entries -HURTS-, especially because several of them are actually fairly unique to what we have on offering.
I didn't apply to the contest and I do rather like a good majority of the design ideas; but some of them are either almost identical to one another or look like something someone put together in ten minutes. I just wish they had been clearer about their criteria is all. I can understand that many of the potential designs people were making would be too hard to render for whatever reason. But if that's the case be upfront with it. And a little voting variety wouldn't hurt, even though I know that the cuter hairstyles will prevail.

With that said however, no matter how salty I am I do want to congratulate the people who were picked all the same.

RE: Hairstyle voting begins! - Zelmanov - 09-02-2015

*looks at finalists, looks at hairstyles that I would potentially use or won't mind, sees them with less points than hot topic rejects* Welp, the people of FFXIV have zero taste.

RE: Hairstyle voting begins! - Kismet - 09-02-2015

Not only am I disappointed in what was picked for finalists, but I'm disappointed in what's currently winning.

The last I checked, 21 for females was winning? That hairstyle is pretty redundant, imo. It's just a girlier Golden Saucer ponytail that's pulled to the side and over the shoulder.

And then for males, a ~pretty boy~ over-the-eye style is winning. Very close in 2nd place is a frankly tacky, ratty-looking Asian-esque ponytail.

Never thought I could be so let down by both the devs AND the community in one fell swoop...

RE: Hairstyle voting begins! - LiadansWhisper - 09-02-2015

The more I see of who didn't make it in, the more confused I am about the contest rules, and what they actually graded the entries on.

Here's a link to where people are posting their rejected entries:

http://forum.square-enix.com/ffxiv/threads/259799-For-all-who-didnt-make-it-in-the-hairstyle-contest-lets-post-ours%21

RE: Hairstyle voting begins! - Artigan - 09-02-2015

Shocking to say the least that some of the tumbler entries didn't make the final cut; some of them are really great.

My favs of the tumbler "rejects" are Summerbrooke's, Scyi, Starinthegutter, Xerevantes, MCAshe, Linnyxito7, Shikiseki, Kukajoo, and Xenedra.

RE: Hairstyle voting begins! - Aaron - 09-02-2015

(09-02-2015, 05:21 AM)LiadansWhisper Wrote: The more I see of who didn't make it in, the more confused I am about the contest rules, and what they actually graded the entries on.

http://forum.square-enix.com/ffxiv/threads/259799-For-all-who-didnt-make-it-in-the-hairstyle-contest-lets-post-ours%21
/flips table.

I'm done with this contest. Goddamn it.

RE: Hairstyle voting begins! - Berrod Armstrong - 09-02-2015

(09-01-2015, 05:49 PM)Seriphyn Wrote: Where is my White Anglo-Saxon Action Hero crewcut?!

gdi anime
I've been waiting for 84 years...
For that or for wildman hercules mane. 
*sobs quietly*

RE: Hairstyle voting begins! - Fox - 09-02-2015

This is kinda weird... (Female second page)

Any idea why this entry was axed?
[Image: 5xbWowB.png]

RE: Hairstyle voting begins! - ɴᴘᴄ - 09-02-2015

(09-02-2015, 05:21 AM)LiadansWhisper Wrote: http://forum.square-enix.com/ffxiv/threads/259799-For-all-who-didnt-make-it-in-the-hairstyle-contest-lets-post-ours%21

Have to agree, there are a lot of good-looking, lore-friendly styles there which outstrip most of what was selected: styles I would rather have voted for given the chance.

RE: Hairstyle voting begins! - Telluride - 09-02-2015

(09-02-2015, 07:58 AM)Aaron Wrote:
(09-02-2015, 05:21 AM)LiadansWhisper Wrote: The more I see of who didn't make it in, the more confused I am about the contest rules, and what they actually graded the entries on.

/flips table.

I'm done with this contest. Goddamn it.

I've actually gotta agree with Aaron on this one. All the cool styles I would have wanted for my characters are there.

Must really be a cultural preference thing, explaining why the winning ones are what they are.

RE: Hairstyle voting begins! - Gegenji - 09-02-2015

Considering the reactions, I think the best option (if lengthy) would be to have had multiple rounds of voting. First having almost all the hair styles save for duplicates and unfeasible/rule-breaker types and the like, group them by generalized styles... and then vote for a favorite of those. Then have a second vote with all the winners to decide on the actual winning hairstyle.

Would've been a lot of hair to go through and a lot more time spent, though.

RE: Hairstyle voting begins! - Arrelaine - 09-02-2015

(09-02-2015, 10:33 AM)Foxberry Wrote: This is kinda weird... (Female second page)

Any idea why this entry was axed?
[Image: 5xbWowB.png]
It was because someone took a hairstyle from someone's blog post, changed the color, then photoshopped it onto the template.