Hydaelyn Role-Players
A New Moon - Printable Version

+- Hydaelyn Role-Players (https://ffxiv-roleplayers.com/mybb18)
+-- Forum: Role-Play (https://ffxiv-roleplayers.com/mybb18/forumdisplay.php?fid=27)
+--- Forum: Town Square (IC) (https://ffxiv-roleplayers.com/mybb18/forumdisplay.php?fid=21)
+--- Thread: A New Moon (/showthread.php?tid=13238)

A New Moon - Knight Kat - 09-01-2015

“.... Are ya sure, this is a big decision.”

“Indeed, I have thought on it for a long while.”

Kiht Jakkya stood to her feet, slowly. Time even felt slowed as she regarded the door from the inside of her room. Her body and expression were tense with anticipation.

“Ya all set?”

“Indeed, I can not take much with me.”

Kiht turned to where her small falcon, Haru, was perched. She let out a swift whistle, and the bird flapped over to her shoulder. Two spears and a pack were slung around her other shoulder. Tied to the pack was a quiver of arrows, and a short bow was tied to her hip. On her other hip was a sheathed hunting knife.

“That's a lot, girl.”

“Not much compared to what I own... Shite... I have come to live like some kind of royalty... I am done. I am going to live like a free hunter once again.”

“Who said a hunter needs ta live a humble life?”

Kiht paused and glanced to the older woman. “I am not a trophy hunter, nor a glory hunter, nor a treasure hunter. I am Shroud-born Keeper hunter. I am a scout of the Jakkya family.”

“Shite, Just go already.” The older woman interjected.

Kiht curtly nodded. “The Twelveswood is plagued corruption like I have never seen, a strange and powerful warrior who speaks like a Sylph destroyed my only lead on Raelisanne, the Spears of Truth seek the soul stone of a legendary Moon-Keeper hero and I need to finally find the rest of my family. I can not attend to any of this while acting as Matriarch of the Shroudwolf Clan...”

“This isn't just one of your moods? You're serious about this?”

Kiht turned her gaze to the cold, stone floor, and grew a pensive expression. She nodded after a moment of thought. “Indeed. I must do this. If not for the reasons I said then because I may have to break further laws. The last thing the Clan needs is another Wailer investigation.”

“Then shut up... And go.”

Kiht gave the old woman a glance then grew a smirk before turning towards the door. Once again, time felt like it had slowed. As Kiht left the room, every step made a clack on the wooden floor, and her mind seemed to innately count each step.

She began to feel sluggish and numb as she stepped outside the house into the cool forest air. It was morning; a time when most in the Clan would be asleep. The birds chirped like on any other day - unaware of the weight of the moment for the lone Keeper.

A deep breath was taken, and Kiht closed her eyes to take a moment to focus her mind. Aware that her aunt had followed her, she paused.

“Watch over them, please.”

“I have no authority with them. They haven't even met me yet.”

“I know... You do not need any authority. Just watch... Please.”

“Kiht...”

“Hm?”

“I'm not you... I'll look after em as best as a stranger can do, but it isn't like ya won't visit once in awhile.”

Tears began to well in Kiht's eyes, but she suppressed the urge to sob. She forced her body to remain strong, but her muscles threatened to weaken; making her start to quiver.

“I love them all...” Kiht's voice cracked as she spoke quietly.

Suddenly, a gentle hand rested on Kiht's shoulder.

“I know. I think they know too. But a hunter helps their family by providing for them. You aren't turnin' your back on em. You're changin' roles for em. They may not understand, but true love isn't conditional. You got to give em their independence, but when they truly need you, you'll be there.”

The older woman then began to give Kiht a gentle push towards the archway exit to the Clan yard. She didn't need to push for long as Kiht began to walk under her own power once more. Kiht paced out past the archway then took a deep breath. She turned towards the Clan house one more time to regard it then began to walk towards the exit to the Lavender Beds.

“My gratitude, aunt Kehda. 'Tis time to finish my business.” Kiht said with determination in her voice before she left the Lavender Beds, and entered the true forest.