Hydaelyn Role-Players
[Balmung] Miqo'te thaumaturge in need of connections - Printable Version

+- Hydaelyn Role-Players (https://ffxiv-roleplayers.com/mybb18)
+-- Forum: Community (https://ffxiv-roleplayers.com/mybb18/forumdisplay.php?fid=8)
+--- Forum: Making Connections (https://ffxiv-roleplayers.com/mybb18/forumdisplay.php?fid=35)
+--- Thread: [Balmung] Miqo'te thaumaturge in need of connections (/showthread.php?tid=13255)

Miqo'te thaumaturge in need of connections - corvidkai - 09-02-2015

Hello, hello! My name's Kai, and I'm generally on most days. Tuesday-Saturday sees me on after 10pm EST usually, Sunday and Monday it can vary from a few hours in the evening to pretty much all day. I am, indeed, in EST.

The character in need of connections is one Khaida Ahmahno, adventurer by choice and trade. She's a Keeper of the Moon Thaumaturge who has some experience with the bow and in goldsmithing as well, and is fiercely attached to Ul'dah as 'home'. While she grew up in the Shroud as the eldest daughter of her clan's leader, she doesn't much like going back as she and her mother never much saw eye-to-eye. She's often keeping herself busy with work in the Immortal Flames and the Scions of the Seventh Dawn, and recently passed the tests her thaumaturgic guildmasters set forth to her. She still continues her thaumaturgic studies on her own, seeking new strength and with the hope of one day crafting a spell Eorzea has never seen before. She claims love and sex are just 'distractions', because she has so very much to do [dealing with primals and Garleans and the troubles of the world is rough work!], but she's ended up falling head over heels for another Keeper of the Moon [Gracie Sournois, who was raised by a pair of traveling Duskwight scholars] and Thancred [who she has no intentions of ever trying to 'tie down' because he wouldn't be him without being a flirt who gets around].

ICly, she IS following the storyline of the game, with tweaks as needed to better fit into RPing with others. She's gone through the Thaumaturge quests [and is just embarking on the 'Black Mage' quests], and is up to the Titan primal battle. She's spent part of that working with Gracie, and has recently found herself more than a little worried for Thancred, as his change in behavior added onto the appearance of the strange necklace he's taken to wearing has her more than a little in mind of the issue of voidsent possession she recently helped her guildmasters take care of.

What connections do I seek for her? Well...pretty much everything! I'd love for more people from the Ahmahno clan or allied clans! I'd love for her to make friends, to work with fellow Scions and Immortal Flames, and to possibly have some elder thaumaturges to look up to, younger thaumaturges to be an example for, and like-leveled thaumaturges to be colleagues and/or rivals with! Love is even an option, if things play out right, as Khaida is polyamorous. I'd also love, love, love to find a regular 'tank' and 'healer' for her and Gracie [played by a friend I'm attempting to lure onto this site as well], willing to run dungeons after midnight EST so Gracie's player can Skype call, to make dungeons and some of the harder quests easier to run not only OOCly, but ICly as well! Scions working together, and all that. [Gracie's player has also been playing Thancred in out-of-game RP, for those curious.] I'm nooooot looking for a FC for her atm, though I may have her eventually join or form one if the story for it is good!

I'm available for RP in-game, over Skype and AIM, or Google Docs! I'm also available for OOC chatter and plotting over Skype and AIM and here. Just throw a message at my head here, on Skype [kaidapoi], or on AIM [kaidaryuu]. If I show as away on Skype, I'm most likely out and about or sleeping, and I'm currently invisible a LOT on AIM just so several people I know outside the RP community stop pestering me if I don't talk to them every minute of the day. |D

RE: Miqo'te thaumaturge in need of connections - Swygynwyzn - 09-02-2015

If you see me on hit me up ill rp with ya

RE: Miqo'te thaumaturge in need of connections - Virella - 09-02-2015

If you want some rivalry on a not so friendless base, Virella is very good at disliking non-Ishgardians! Friendship is a bit more tricky with Vi, but the offer is there for either option Smile

RE: Miqo'te thaumaturge in need of connections - Berrod Armstrong - 09-02-2015

I've a Hellsguard Disciple of Magic named Bucking Bull. While I can't promise any long and in depth roleplay on him, if I ever catch you in game while on him I'd be happy to have him initiate conversations on magical theory and spellcrafting!

RE: Miqo'te thaumaturge in need of connections - Conor - 09-02-2015

sending you a pm!

RE: Miqo'te thaumaturge in need of connections - Manari - 09-02-2015

Manari is a very traditional Keeper of the Moon who is deeply rooted in the Shroud. She would tell your character to go back home and get out of the desert. It could be fun, but if you aren't keen to ever return the Shroud, our characters might have a hard time ever meeting anyway.

RE: Miqo'te thaumaturge in need of connections - corvidkai - 09-02-2015

O__________O Holy crackers, you all are awesome. I'm not used to so many people poking back when I pop my head out somewhere.

@Swygynwyzn: Already chittering with you on Skype! 8]

@Virella Douront: Oh maaaan, Khaida hasn't met an Ishgardian yet, aside from the NPC Luquelot in Bentbranch. So that could definitely be interesting. o 3o Especially with the dislike that seems very, very inevitable~.

@Berrod Armstrong: I would definitely love that! 8D Could be a lot of fun!

@Lali'to: I shall be poking you back shortly!

@Manari: Khaida does pop into the Shroud now and again, due to her work as a Scion and the places she has to go for the Flames sometimes! A confrontation with Manari could definitely be interesting! o 3o

RE: Miqo'te thaumaturge in need of connections - CrimsonMars - 09-02-2015

I have an alt name Xanadu Noire as well. Your character seems like the type she would get along with! Xana's straight-up a black mage though so I dunno how you feel about that, though she usually isn't real opened about it.

RE: Miqo'te thaumaturge in need of connections - Vixanya - 09-02-2015

Good morning, I would love to connect with you when we get an opportunity! I won't be home until tonight, but I would love to RP or speak about potential RP to grow our characters. Please feel free to look me up tonight and good luck in your search for new friends and RP. <3

RE: Miqo'te thaumaturge in need of connections - Berrod Armstrong - 09-02-2015

(09-02-2015, 12:38 PM)corvidkai Wrote: O__________O Holy crackers, you all are awesome. I'm not used to so many people poking back when I pop my head out somewhere.

@Swygynwyzn: Already chittering with you on Skype! 8]

@Virella Douront: Oh maaaan, Khaida hasn't met an Ishgardian yet, aside from the NPC Luquelot in Bentbranch. So that could definitely be interesting. o 3o Especially with the dislike that seems very, very inevitable~.

@Berrod Armstrong: I would definitely love that! 8D Could be a lot of fun!

@Lali'to: I shall be poking you back shortly!

@Manari: Khaida does pop into the Shroud now and again, due to her work as a Scion and the places she has to go for the Flames sometimes! A confrontation with Manari could definitely be interesting! o 3o
Looking forward to it, then!

RE: Miqo'te thaumaturge in need of connections - Jana - 09-02-2015

Your character has a lot of parallels with mine, and some important differences too. I'll keep an eye peeled for you.

RE: Miqo'te thaumaturge in need of connections - corvidkai - 09-02-2015

@Crimson: Oooo, I'd be up for that! Khaida will eventually be a black mage herself, though she'll be keeping quiet about the fact. [She also is likely to eventually pursue every branch of magic she can.]

@Vixanya: I just got off work myself, so no worries! I'd definitely love to do some RP and plotting!

@Jana: o vo Oooo, alrighty! I look forward to perhaps running across you in-game!