Hydaelyn Role-Players
The First Day [Open] - Printable Version

+- Hydaelyn Role-Players (https://ffxiv-roleplayers.com/mybb18)
+-- Forum: Role-Play (https://ffxiv-roleplayers.com/mybb18/forumdisplay.php?fid=27)
+--- Forum: Town Square (IC) (https://ffxiv-roleplayers.com/mybb18/forumdisplay.php?fid=21)
+--- Thread: The First Day [Open] (/showthread.php?tid=133)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7

Re: The First Day [Open] - Smiling River - 06-12-2010

"Interesting." Yecely thought to herself. She overheard this man mumbling to himself, although his exact words were unclear, drowned out by the rest of the tavern. His question however rang out at a point when all talking stopped. She thought of being witty and replying that this is Gridania or something, but held on to that remark. "Limsa Lominsa," she said, casually leaning against the bar. She couldn't help herself and added, "and this is something we call a tavern." She chuckled, clearly not meaning to do the stranger any harm. "Who would you be, anyway?"

Re: The First Day [Open] - Aveline - 06-12-2010

Oryn's face fell a bit when he heard Luralel's only brief acquaintance with Ul'dah. It had been a long time since he had seen his extended family, and he hoped all was well in their part of the world. To the question at hand posed by the small woman, he shook his head regretfully. "I apologize, but I've never heard of this Nanapriri or their shop.. but then, we do get a lot of merchants passing through around here."

As he paused to take a drink of his wine, Oryn overheard "..at the very least there isn't a lawyer... that is of some solace to me," from the large man who had entered so interestingly a few moments before. Glancing uncomfortably, Oryn sunk lower into his chair and attempted a wan smile at his tablemates, and was inwardly relieved when Yecely answered the newcomer's question.

Re: The First Day [Open] - Nanapariri - 06-15-2010

Show Content

Lura still feeling a bit uncomfortable since she obviously wasn't as familiar with the world as her companions.

She was distracted from this train of thought by the new comer and since the others were speaking of the city, which she knew little, she thought to change it. "Sir can I suggest the use of the term "friends" when addressing a group of mixed company?"

Re: The First Day [Open] - Varov - 06-15-2010

He nodded and followed Orra along as she pulled him away from the table. "Listen kid, I thinks ya got what it takes. Ya work a crowd well, an' ye got a talented eye. What says you? Want a job?" He smiled as he followed the Elezen girl, nodding back to the table.

Re: The First Day [Open] - Eva - 06-16-2010

"I think I need to know more about the job description before I put ink t'paper, if ya know what I mean. I wasn't born yesterday." She waved a hand unenthusiastically before seating herself at the more remote table.

"Besides, ya haven't heard me analysis." Giving an obviously faux forlorn expression, she paused for a moment before getting to it.

"I'd say 95 percent of the folks in here aren't worth their salt. Adventurers mostly, a few merchants takin' their lunch and no doubt more than a couple sneakin' away from their bosses on lunch for a drop or two, if ye catch my drift. That one fella over there..." she nodded to a hyur man seated at the end of the bar beside an attractive-looking hyur woman, "next to the pretty little thing... aye, he's got some sorta military training. Could tell it by the way he carries himself. I'm not sure what to make of the oddball that walked in here, then left and came right back. Doesn't look like he's had a few too many or anything. Doesn't look like he'd be too good with a weapon, but it's the unlikely ones that surprise ya sometimes." She lowered her voice a bit, "Now, the two fellas at the table behind me - don't look! One of 'em is havin' issues with his woman. I'd say if ya got any jewels or trinkets or anything, the one with the shorter hair'd be yer best bet for a sale. Heard 'im whinin' to the other fella about it earlier."

"Oh, and the hyur woman I was chattin' with. She seems annoyed. I'm not sure what her deal is, but doubt you'd be able to make a sale there. She's a teacher of history, or so she says anyway. But she's hiding somethin. Prolly best to walk on by. And the other gal can't put down the wine fast enough."

She glanced at Whiskeyjack as though waiting for a response.

Re: The First Day [Open] - Varov - 06-16-2010

Whiskeyjack looks at the Elezen girl with his mouth wide open. He affixes his jaw back into the appropriate spot and finally speaks. "Well. Ye' certainly do know yer way. Hell, I was plannin' on jus' giving you some security job an payin' ya meager wages. Tell ya what... I need a spotter with yer eyes. I don't need ya fer hawkin' goods though, I need ya fer me exports business. I'll toss a few thousand gil a year in for ya, working as my personal bodygirl. You in, kiddo?" He asked, offering her a smile.

Re: The First Day [Open] - Eva - 06-16-2010

She smiled back, "How few a thousand? You should know by now I try to deal in specifics."

Leaning back in the chair and sipping on her sherry, she gave him a considering look, "Also, what're ya exporting? I like ta keep me hands clean, but I'm not above contracting some work out to those who don't mind dirtying theirs a bit..."

Re: The First Day [Open] - Renaise - 06-17-2010

"Limsa Lominsa" came the reply he was looking for, "Limsa Lominsa." He said out loud as if trying out the name for the first time. "Limsa Lominsa indeed!" he smiled. " What a lovely name, Limsa Lominsa, I like it, not too pretentious, yet... not too simple. No 'Large Boat city' or 'Magestic port of wonderment.' a fine name indeed. Limsa Lominsa... it just rolls off the tongue doesnt it?" He thought for a moment for the response to her second question. "Hmm... hello.. yes I'm... Doc." He smiled warmly. "Yes just call me Doc."

He looked over to Lura when she spoke her suggestion. "Friends? Hmm... well possibly I guess I could use friends in such a new place. Ill consider it." He smiled. He scanned the room briefly and frowned. "Certainly are a lot of weapons being carried arent there? A sign of the times I'd image, however still... less than Ideal... does this tavern get assaulted a lot then?"

Re: The First Day [Open] - Kylin - 06-17-2010

Myra couldn’t help but be partially intrigued with this “Doc” fellow. His rambling revealed to her a rather surprising intellect but equally terrible social skills. She took a sip from her drink and continued observing in silence. She noticed Ora still speaking in semi-hushed tones with Whiskeyjack. The hyur should have been curious as to what they were talking about but she realized she wasn’t. The roegadyn, while slightly annoying due to his booming voice and extrovert personality, was clearly no threat to her.

She wouldn’t admit it but Myra was becoming rather bored quickly. She decided to wait for some of the others to leave first for fear that one or more would try to stalk her or something of that manner. Paranoia once again, though she felt it was completely justified due to her past predicament. Thus, the woman rested her head against her hand and simply continued to watch the patrons of the bar.

Re: The First Day [Open] - Varov - 06-18-2010

He gave Orra a wry grin. "How few a thousand? Let's say... 25,000 a year with commission an' special pay fer dangerous missions. I'll toss in free acquisitions from tha export company once monthly. How it sound?"

Re: The First Day [Open] - Eva - 06-18-2010

Hell yes, take it! Her mind screamed, but she managed to keep a calm expression and ran her fingers through her pink-highlighted hair, as though considering his offer carefully.

"25 sounds agreeable, with room for improvement over time, I presume? Free acquisitions sound good as well. When do I begin?"

She sipped the last of her sherry and set the empty glass down on the table, looking at the Roegadan inquisitively.

Re: The First Day [Open] - Varov - 06-18-2010

Whiskeyjack takes out his pocketwatch. "About five minutes ago. Here's yer signin' bonus." He reaches down at his belt and counts gil into a small bag, handing it over. "1,000 gil ta start should help with any business closin' you need t'do. Meet me in front'a this Inn t'morrow at dawn, eh?" He winks and moves back towards the table.

"Ole Whiskeyjack needs ta take his leave." Before leaving he points at Oryn. "Listen kid, I'm gonna need you on my staff t'morrow. If ya want the job offer as we discussed before, show up in front'a this tavern at dawn. I'm movin' a big shipment outwards to Ul'dah an' I need a legal representative for me exports. If yer in, let me know." He smiles and nods, waiting and looking around the table in case anyone had questions before he left.

Re: The First Day [Open] - Eva - 06-18-2010

Standing up, Ora nodded agreement. "Tomorrow it is. I must also take my leave. Until then, gods preserve."

She held a hand up in a sort of half-salute, half-waving gesture before pushing her chair back in and sauntering back over to the table she had originally come from. Seating herself across from Myra, she smiled faintly, "Business..." Suddenly she regretted not bringing her empty glass over, as she had no place for her hands. She folded them together in front of herself, making a steeple of her index fingers upon which she gently rested her chin.

"You were mentioning that you taught history...?"

Re: The First Day [Open] - Smiling River - 06-18-2010

Yecely opened her mouth but stopped short when Doc started talking to another patron. "Oh well," she thought to herself while pursing her lips to the side. Whiskeyjack seemed to finally be leaving. What arrogance! She recalled their conversation and tensed her brow. "Whatever..." she made her way back to the table at about the same time as Ora and sat back on her place. She glanced at Myra and raised her eyebrows up and down while her mouth, while tight-lipped, drew out a smile.

Re: The First Day [Open] - Aveline - 06-18-2010

Oryn, hastily finishing the last bites of his sandwich, nodded to Whiskeyjack's receding figure. "Tomorrow then." He smiled thoughtfully to his new co-worker Ora and drained the last of his wine glass.

"If you will excuse me ladies, I must hurry to catch the last stagecoach back to Aleport. It has been a pleasure and a most interesting luncheon." Scrabbling to pick up all of his books, Oryn left the tavern in what he had hoped to be a suave and sophisticated manner under the watchful gazes of so many keen-eyed women.