Hydaelyn Role-Players
On Deeper Immersion - Printable Version

+- Hydaelyn Role-Players (https://ffxiv-roleplayers.com/mybb18)
+-- Forum: Community (https://ffxiv-roleplayers.com/mybb18/forumdisplay.php?fid=8)
+--- Forum: RP Discussion (https://ffxiv-roleplayers.com/mybb18/forumdisplay.php?fid=13)
+--- Thread: On Deeper Immersion (/showthread.php?tid=13572)

Pages: 1 2

On Deeper Immersion - Madda - 09-24-2015

So Madda's a hypocrite. Madda fell back in love with XIV. Fite me.

Madda was wondering if anybody had any more tips on how to immerse yourself deep enough to actually make a lengthy wiki page with oh so many examples to choose from. Madda's maybe a moderate - heavy experienced and really wanna flesh out Towering and future Au Ra kid.

RE: On Deeper Immersion - McBeefâ„¢ - 09-24-2015

(09-24-2015, 02:53 PM)Madda Wrote: So Madda's a hypocrite. Madda fell back in love with XIV. Fite me.

Madda was wondering if anybody had any more tips on how to immerse yourself deep enough to actually make a lengthy wiki page with oh so many examples to choose from. Madda's maybe a moderate - heavy experienced and really wanna flesh out Towering and future Au Ra kid.
Go to Quicksand.

Find someone you don't know.

Start talking to them ICly. Never talk to them OOCly except for big issues that need to be resolved.

Have fun.

RE: On Deeper Immersion - Mikoto - 09-24-2015

We'll always accept people back in FFXIV Big Grin Enjoy your stay Madda.

RE: On Deeper Immersion - -no longer matters- - 09-24-2015

Runs in gives Madda a High Five (Of Awesome!) 

If you see Bear, he's pretty approachable, feel free to.

As for immersing yourself to make a lengthy wiki, try to do as much research on the settings you want your character to have been apart of, or their homeland etc. As a fellow Hellsguard, I can tell you the most lore we have is through the Warriors 50-60 quest, and the Warrior Relic Weapon quest.

Everything else is sparse atm.

But best advice I can give. Smile

RE: On Deeper Immersion - Edgar - 09-24-2015

All my characters have walk-up in their search info. Unless I specifically say otherwise, go ahead and interact with me if you see either Edgar or Koporo.

RE: On Deeper Immersion - Eses Fafa - 09-24-2015

I'd check this site's list of FCs actually. Open RP is all well and jolly, and a good way to get your character's raw persona out (so long as it's not 18+ *cough*), but nothing beats being locked in a storyline created by your FC.

RE: On Deeper Immersion - Warren Castille - 09-24-2015

* Warren Castille sneezes. The sneeze rhymes with "Blind foam."

RE: On Deeper Immersion - Teadrinker - 09-25-2015

(09-24-2015, 02:56 PM)McBeefâ„¢ Wrote:
(09-24-2015, 02:53 PM)Madda Wrote: So Madda's a hypocrite. Madda fell back in love with XIV. Fite me.

Go to Quicksand.

Start talking to them ICly. Never talk to them OOCly except for big issues that need to be resolved.

Have fun.

I actually like getting to know people I rp with OOCly - doing PvE and whatnot with them. Actually being friends. Any reason for the rule?

RE: On Deeper Immersion - SicketySix - 09-25-2015

(09-25-2015, 03:34 AM)Teadrinker Wrote:

Go to Quicksand.

Have fun.

I actually like getting to know people I rp with OOCly - doing PvE and whatnot with them. Actually being friends. Any reason for the rule?
I think the discussion here is how to make friends for her RP character, not necessarily how to make friends for herself who RP.

If that makes any sense.....I did my best lol

RE: On Deeper Immersion - Pepe - 09-25-2015

Why do you post in third person?

RE: On Deeper Immersion - Desu Nee - 09-25-2015

(09-25-2015, 03:28 PM)Pepe Wrote:

Quki believes this isn't an important question -3-

RE: On Deeper Immersion - Aaron - 09-25-2015

If you don't feel like walking up to me for example, and its clear I'm just standing there spacing out (Especially if I'm staring at Eustace at the level bar) just toss a tell and after I'm done spacing out and getting scared from the noise the tell makes I'll walk up on you son and get things started.

RE: On Deeper Immersion - Pepe - 09-25-2015

(09-25-2015, 03:40 PM)Desu Nee Wrote:

People say unimportant shit every single day. I'm curious, so I'm asking. I don't think the OP needs your input to decide whether or not to answer.

RE: On Deeper Immersion - Desu Nee - 09-25-2015

(09-25-2015, 03:47 PM)Pepe Wrote:
(09-25-2015, 03:40 PM)Desu Nee Wrote:

People say unimportant shit every single day. I'm curious, so I'm asking. I don't think the OP needs your input to decide whether or not to answer.
I was just being playful, sorry if I upsetted you.

RE: On Deeper Immersion - Smagon - 09-25-2015

(09-25-2015, 03:34 AM)Teadrinker Wrote:

Go to Quicksand.

Have fun.

I assume it's to help OP achieve maximum immersion. If you start being friendly with someone on the OOC then you might even start becoming friendlier with them IC even though your character has no reason to.