Hydaelyn Role-Players
Manning the Desk (OPEN) - Printable Version

+- Hydaelyn Role-Players (https://ffxiv-roleplayers.com/mybb18)
+-- Forum: Role-Play (https://ffxiv-roleplayers.com/mybb18/forumdisplay.php?fid=27)
+--- Forum: Town Square (IC) (https://ffxiv-roleplayers.com/mybb18/forumdisplay.php?fid=21)
+--- Thread: Manning the Desk (OPEN) (/showthread.php?tid=13634)

Pages: 1 2

Manning the Desk (OPEN) - McBeefâ„¢ - 09-29-2015

[Image: wIn4HY6.jpg]

"Sick?" R'elend grumbles his ears flicking in irritation, "Either way Captain, 'ats a job for a Private, not a Lieutenant."

Captain Tataran glares at him from behind her desk. "Lieutenant's don't wander off to Limsa for the weekend, Fur-Ears." Her voice is steady, with an undertone of anger, "Now either you man the desk, or you can spend the next week cleaning out the shiteholes." 

R'elend snaps to attention, Brass Blade armor rattling softly, "Yes Ser! Reporting to the Duty Desk, Ser." He does a smart about face, and marches out of the room, face twising to a scowl as he leaves.

"OY, LIEUTENANT" The Captain roars, standing on the dark wooden desk, "AND YOU BETTER BE FUCKING PLEASED ABOUT IT."

The Miqo'te turns stiffly, a strained smile plastered onto his face, he speaks through gritted teeth "Overjoyed, Ser." 

The Lalafell nods and R'elend marches out of the office.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------

The front desk. 

Every organization has one, physical or metaphorical. 

R'elend sighs as he pulls out the chair, the battered table facing a busy Ul'dah street. He adjusts a stack of papers, then leans forward, ready to deal with whatever nonsense comes his way. 

((OOC Information))

Have a complaint? Crime to Report? Lost Item? Lost Person? Bounty to Collect? Please come bother R'elend and the Brass Blades with it. I'm planning to keep this thread up long term, so feel free to use it for anything you'd like, even just to chat, he's bored.

RE: Manning the Desk (OPEN) - Vincent Sarkoza - 09-29-2015

There wasn't much else to do for the day. He had done his quota of cataloging, which wasn't much as he didn't find many specimens that day, and he had accomplished enough with his other job the day before. He didn't like that the one day he decided to take off left him with not much else to do, or rather he was upset that he couldn't think of what to do. Thus, Vincent wandered about until he stumbled into a Brass Blades office where he noticed a Miqo'te manning the front desk.

RE: Manning the Desk (OPEN) - McBeefâ„¢ - 09-29-2015

((Small thing R'elend is a Miqo'te. His angry and unseen captain is a Lalafell))

The Miqo'te at the desk looks up with a look of supreme boredom, "Oy."

"Can I help you Roundears?" He yawns, "Or are you just here to waste my time."

RE: Manning the Desk (OPEN) - Vincent Sarkoza - 09-29-2015

((whups lol I'll change that heheh sry))

Vincent takes off his hat and examines the miqo'te officer before him. 

"Well I was hoping what kind of office this is." he asked politely with a smile. 

"I thought it'd be wise to familiarize myself with my surroundings." 

<"Well, that's not what was on my mind but it'd be better if he didn't know I just wandered in here."> he thought.

RE: Manning the Desk (OPEN) - McBeefâ„¢ - 09-29-2015

R'elend raises an eyebrow, leaning back in his chair, "Brass Blades, Lad." He smirks and taps his rusty red mail. "Armor didn't give it away?"
He waves a hand, "Reports desk, for your unwashed lot to complain about your shitey lives. Apparently I don't have anything better to do, so I'm here for the day."

"Now what is it? Lost something? Crime to report?" He grumbles, "Or just interrupting my nap?"

RE: Manning the Desk (OPEN) - Melkire - 09-30-2015

[Image: SVwfiYn.jpg]

"Lost: his sense of judgment," teases a blond Lalafellin lass as she passes by the front desk. "Crime: interrupting the Lieutenant's nap."

She pauses mid-stride to consider R'elend's predicament.

"...sometimes, I have to wonder whether our good captain might not be... well... a tad racist."

[Image: ZnDNZv0.jpg]

RE: Manning the Desk (OPEN) - McBeefâ„¢ - 09-30-2015

R'elend turns to glare at the Lalafell, "Oy you little bundle of behemoth shite!"

"Why aren't you doing this job?" He grumbles, "Captain Tataran probably gave an easy job to a fellow popoto."

"Fucking privates these days."

RE: Manning the Desk (OPEN) - Melkire - 09-30-2015

"How uncouth, Lieutenant!" The little private turns and gives R'elend his due salute. "Good luck with your assignment, then. I am off to fetch Captain Tataran some more coffee. Seems we've run out, as it were."

Haruko Kokojo gives Vincent her best wink and her most winning smile, then walks off towards the Sapphire Avenue Exchange.

RE: Manning the Desk (OPEN) - McBeefâ„¢ - 09-30-2015

R'elend grumbles and  throws a wadded up 'Lost Item' form at the Lalafell as she marches off, "Oy! Make sure to get more cream as well." 

He yawns and regards the hyur, "You still here, eh?" before looking around to see if anyone else is there to bother him.

RE: Manning the Desk (OPEN) - McBeefâ„¢ - 10-01-2015

R'elend yawns before leaning back in his chair, his eyes drooping as the thick and warm city air teases at him.

His tail flicks back and forth as he lazily watches the street.

RE: Manning the Desk (OPEN) - SessionZero - 10-01-2015

The slight Hyur woman approached R'elend's desk, walking with swagger, albeit laced with purpose. Her masked turban obscured most of her face save a smirking pink-lipped mouth and reddish hair that framed the sides of her face in large clumps. Her loose-fitting shirt rippled slightly in the warm Ul'dahn breeze, and her lightly armored boots made no sound as she approached.
She slid her butt onto the edge of R'elend's desk and turned sideways slightly, swinging her leg over the other, then lifted her hand to inspect her nails. She dropped a severed hand on the table, bearing an identifying mark, and, still focusing on her nails, said in a bored tone to R'elend, "Oi, bounty turn-in mate. Pay up."

RE: Manning the Desk (OPEN) - McBeefâ„¢ - 10-02-2015

The Miqote's ears flick and he looks up with hooded eyes. "Oy that desk be Blades property. Don't need your dirty ass on it." Somehow that bothers him more than the severed head. 

"What's your name and who's this sod?" He grumbles as he opens a folder of bounty notifications.

(sorry didn't notice yesterday!!)

RE: Manning the Desk (OPEN) - SessionZero - 10-02-2015

((No worries!))
The woman held out a slip of paper with a name on it, obviously procured from the bounty board. "This bloke. As fer me own name, just call me Snow."

Her masked turban turned towards the Miqo'te behind the desk, suggesting that her gaze had finally fallen upon him, though her eyes were still hidden. "An' ye ought to be damned happy I put me pretty li'l arse on this dusty strip o' wood. I kept it off finer furnishings in the past, but I been walkin' fer a spell an' a rest sounds mighty kin to me own ears. Ye wouldn't refuse a lady a sit down when she's so tired from 'er journeys would ye lad?" Her pink lips curled into a smile and she relaxed into a more innocent pose. Whether she was attempting to disarm R'elend or mock him was unclear.

RE: Manning the Desk (OPEN) - McBeefâ„¢ - 10-07-2015

R'elend takes the paper, before searching through a thick leather logbook.

"Happy? I'll have to clean the skank off after you leave, more than like." He doesn't look up as he runs his finger over a series of names, "Or the next person who does so e'll get the rot."

He looks up with a smirk, "Sorry luv, believe it or not your kind doesn't do much for me." He spins the book around on the desk, "Sign for your reward, Lass." He tilts his head with a smirk, "May'haps the next Man who you shove your tits 'at will appreciate it more."

RE: Manning the Desk (OPEN) - SessionZero - 10-07-2015

Snow fake-pouted at him as she slid off the table to sign the book. "Such a mean kitty," she said in a pretend hurt voice, sliding it back to him. "But a word o' advice, love, I'll jus' as soon shove me stabbers at a cove as me tits. Only difference is, when it's me stabbers springin' from the darkmans, ye never see 'em comin'." She collected her reward and stood to her full height, blowing R'elend a kiss and giving him a little wave. "Fair wind in ye sails, kitty." With a toothy grin she set off towards the Quicksand, twirling her newly-acquired pouch of gil and whistling a jaunty tune.