Hydaelyn Role-Players
[9-30-15] No Mods Land - Printable Version

+- Hydaelyn Role-Players (https://ffxiv-roleplayers.com/mybb18)
+-- Forum: RPC (https://ffxiv-roleplayers.com/mybb18/forumdisplay.php?fid=25)
+--- Forum: Forum Announcements (https://ffxiv-roleplayers.com/mybb18/forumdisplay.php?fid=39)
+--- Thread: [9-30-15] No Mods Land (/showthread.php?tid=13662)

[9-30-15] No Mods Land - Melkire - 09-30-2015

(whoops, hit Delete Thread instead of Split Post o_O)

No Mods Land has been added as an opt-in off-topic discussion board. To opt-in, go through User CP to the Miscellaneous section under "Group Memberships" and select "No Mods Land Opt-In" as your secondary usergroup.

We are aware of potential issues with this new board. Site staff are currently reviewing certain aspects of the rules ("no call-outs" not being an insta-ban offense, for instance) as they pertain to the new board.

Thank You.

RE: [9-30-15] No Mods Land - Melkire - 09-30-2015

Minor update: a new rule pertaining to "call outs" is in place.

RE: [9-30-15] No Mods Land - Kage - 09-30-2015

Quote:"calling out" FFXIV players not on RPC are NOT permitted.

Bummer.

Well how am I supposed to reveal the plot now ><

Edit: PM me for Medium small lavender Beds Plot info that will be reclaimed by SE when house reclamation is in effect.

RE: [9-30-15] No Mods Land - Alexandr Nocturne - 10-01-2015

I was on a forum that had a similar sub-forum and it worked wonderfully for years.  There was only one rule, and it was the no call-out rule you already have in place.  This should work wonderfully.

RE: [9-30-15] No Mods Land - SicketySix - 10-01-2015

/em begins to post nude....."Dammit still not allowed!!!"

RE: [9-30-15] No Mods Land - Unnamed Mercenary - 10-01-2015

[[mod]] Please remember that this section still falls under the full site rules.

Please behave here. There's that crazy party opt-in section for not behaving.

RE: [9-30-15] No Mods Land - Vyce - 10-01-2015

I have no idea what this is. What is it? Am I opting out of moderators?

RE: [9-30-15] No Mods Land - Unnamed Mercenary - 10-01-2015

(10-01-2015, 02:22 PM)Vyce Wrote: I have no idea what this is. What is it? Am I opting out of moderators?

It's a place where people are only required to follow the rules in bright red.

So basically, everything users are encouraged to take anywhere but the RPC. It's dirty. It's unclean. Feelings will be hurt. No mod can save you there.

Basically, it's a bad idea. And an experiment on user behavior.

You can opt-in/out of the group membership to make it show up.

And you get edit your profile to show/hide posts from it if you're opted in.

RE: [9-30-15] No Mods Land - Val - 10-01-2015

(10-01-2015, 02:13 PM)Unnamed Mercenary Wrote: [[mod]] Please remember that this section still falls under the full site rules.

Please behave here. There's that crazy party opt-in section for not behaving.

IT'S THE FEDS, RUN

(Nah in all seriousness the board has been a blast so far. Thanks guys!)

RE: [9-30-15] No Mods Land - SessionZero - 10-01-2015

Seconded Val's opinion. It's good to have a space where we can get the shitposting out of our system.

RE: [9-30-15] No Mods Land - Faye - 10-01-2015

Yesssss it's been fun, thank you, plz let us keep it!

RE: [9-30-15] No Mods Land - Flashhelix - 10-01-2015

I've been a member of forums that have used subforums at the very least extremely similar to this one, and they tend to have a positive effect on the community. The surge that you're seeing now is just a natural result of giving a roleplay community used to doing their shittalking through half-assed snark and rampant passive-aggression a place where they can take the kid gloves off.

RE: [9-30-15] No Mods Land - Virella - 10-01-2015

(10-01-2015, 03:14 PM)Flashhelix Wrote: I've been a member of forums that have used subforums at the very least extremely similar to this one, and they tend to have a positive effect on the community. The surge that you're seeing now is just a natural result of giving a roleplay community used to doing their shittalking through half-assed snark and rampant passive-aggression a place where they can take the kid gloves off.
Same here, we used to have Drama Central subsection. It was great for keeping most drama and snarky shit out of the other subsections, of course things would still slip in serious threads because everyone makes mistakes.

RE: [9-30-15] No Mods Land - Caspar - 10-01-2015

It's like the Spam forum on my old RP board. It helped keep a lot of the crazed energy out of the main boards.