Hydaelyn Role-Players
New to FFXIV Role-Playing. - Printable Version

+- Hydaelyn Role-Players (https://ffxiv-roleplayers.com/mybb18)
+-- Forum: RPC (https://ffxiv-roleplayers.com/mybb18/forumdisplay.php?fid=25)
+--- Forum: Welcome Desk (https://ffxiv-roleplayers.com/mybb18/forumdisplay.php?fid=10)
+--- Thread: New to FFXIV Role-Playing. (/showthread.php?tid=13750)

New to FFXIV Role-Playing. - Sami'ra Lihzeh - 10-04-2015

Hello there.

I've been playing FFXIV for 2 years now, and it's only recently that I decided to take the plunge, and transfer to Balmung to RP. I'd love to start getting out there and meeting you all tomorrow when I'm free after work.

I was wondering how lore-abiding the general RP community is? I just want to know before I get too invested whether I'm going to be playing with Koh'zi Mhakaracca and Kasumi Kaifu, or if I'm going to come across a lot of Naruto' Ninja/Princess Rainbowdash characters. What's the sort of general level you've seen on Balmung yourselves?

Anyway, I'm Sami'ra Lihzeh on Balmung. Nice to meet you.

RE: New to FFXIV Role-Playing. - Roe Dad - 10-04-2015

Welcome feel free to add me in game and say hi!

RE: New to FFXIV Role-Playing. - Faye - 10-04-2015

Hello there, welcome to the RPC! Big Grin Most people abide by the lore pretty closely, but of course, you'll still find plenty of people who don't.

RE: New to FFXIV Role-Playing. - Sami'ra Lihzeh - 10-04-2015

(10-04-2015, 08:56 PM)Faye Wrote: Hello there, welcome to the RPC! Big Grin Most people abide by the lore pretty closely, but of course, you'll still find plenty of people who don't.
Ah, hi! I recognise you from Tumblr. Good to hear there's a mix. I'm not exactly a scholar on FFXIV lore, but I like to stick to what I do know.

RE: New to FFXIV Role-Playing. - Garalona - 10-04-2015

Hello and welcome! Big Grin

I saw Princess Zelda in the Quicksand once. It's an interesting place, you'll see all kinds of people there. Her player search info said she had fallen through a portal from Hyrule. But there's plenty of lore abiding citizens to be found all over the place, don't worry.

Speaking of which, search info is how roleplayers of all stripes identify each other. You can put the type of RP you're looking for, a link to your bio, all that. It really helps break the ice.

Have fun!

RE: New to FFXIV Role-Playing. - Sami'ra Lihzeh - 10-05-2015

(10-04-2015, 10:22 PM)Garalona Wrote: Hello and welcome! Big Grin

I saw Princess Zelda in the Quicksand once. It's an interesting place, you'll see all kinds of people there. Her player search info said she had fallen through a portal from Hyrule. But there's plenty of lore abiding citizens to be found all over the place, don't worry.

Speaking of which, search info is how roleplayers of all stripes identify each other. You can put the type of RP you're looking for, a link to your bio, all that. It really helps break the ice.

Have fun!

Thanks for the tip. That's actually super helpful.

RE: New to FFXIV Role-Playing. - Alderique - 10-05-2015

Welcome! You'll definitely be able to find plenty of people who stick to lore. Sometimes when I see people in game that interest me I'll check to see if they have a wiki page and see how they present their character, or I'll check out their tumblr if they have one.

It helps to follow lore discussions on the forums, too!

RE: New to FFXIV Role-Playing. - SicketySix - 10-05-2015

Welcome to the RPC!

And I believe about 90% of those here try to follow the lore as best they can.
About 75% of the RP population do as well. At least from my experience.

RE: New to FFXIV Role-Playing. - Nebbs - 10-05-2015

From RPers I have yet to see anyone so out of the Lore I can't deal with. What is more differentiating is style, as there are all sorts here. Even non RPers mostly dress well.

Bikini tanks still hurt my eyes and logic. But that's DF Smile

Something for all I think.

RE: New to FFXIV Role-Playing. - SicketySix - 10-05-2015

(10-05-2015, 08:47 AM)Nebbs Wrote: Bikini tanks still hurt my eyes and logic.
Not mineBlush