Hydaelyn Role-Players
Returning and in search of new adventurue... - Printable Version

+- Hydaelyn Role-Players (https://ffxiv-roleplayers.com/mybb18)
+-- Forum: RPC (https://ffxiv-roleplayers.com/mybb18/forumdisplay.php?fid=25)
+--- Forum: Welcome Desk (https://ffxiv-roleplayers.com/mybb18/forumdisplay.php?fid=10)
+--- Thread: Returning and in search of new adventurue... (/showthread.php?tid=1382)

Returning and in search of new adventurue... - Ravinous - 08-21-2012

Well returning to FFXIV with the coming of 2.0, new to this forum. I've re-rolled two characters, one for fun and another for role-play on Balmung. You may find him wandering, in search of food and gil, of which he will use to buy more food (adventuring does require eating after all).

I'm a long time MMO player, started with FFXI, then WoW, EVE, AION, etc. With FF XIV I started in the early Alpha, wandering around Limsa Lominsa, re-rolling every week or two for updates till beta. Even was part of one of the first big link shells (Knights of Chronica) but it has long since died since I left over a year and half ago.

Roleplaying wise, KoC did have a few RP's going about it, but probably my strongest background is in the table top realm (from D&D to Mutants and Masterminds). I've taken up the helm of player and more often DM/GM designing stories and weaving worlds that have brought joy (and sometimes tears, but in the good story way Tongue ) to my players.

Being that I rarely get to play myself for a while, I thought finding an RP group on an MMO would work out nicely and I find that both FFXI and FFXIV offer the best community of players overall to do this in.

How I found out about this place? Well I Googled it. That being said I remember there was a role playing site when the game first started, I'm not sure if this was the same one I used before with a new coat of paint.

The type of role-playing I do varies to fit the people I play with. Typically I do light to medium roleplay while I wander the game and interact with others on an RP server. If they don't want to RP I talk normally. If I'm in with a RP group however, I tend to go into character fully.

---
My character idea is a simple one, a wandering sword for hire, or rather it's what he can do. His name is Ryo Teragoes, a son of a blacksmith raise in the forest of Gridania. After his father passed he sold the shop to pay off debts and took up the blade (well spear) and some old worn out armor and set off to adventure. A year or so later and one rather empty purse he found himself penniless and stuck at the port of Limsa Lominsa. From there on, he works hunter and mercenary, seeking fame and gil. He recently met a Dragoon while working out in the field. Seeing the raw power of the individual (and that shiny armor), Ryo now dreams of becoming one himself.
---

As for me, I enjoy biking, anime (80's and 90's stuff mostly), scifi/fantasy, hanging with friends, and gaming in general.

Re: Returning and in search of new adventurue... - Lenana - 08-21-2012

Hmm... You and my character Eliza should get along well. Tongue

Also, welcome to RPC!!!

Re: Returning and in search of new adventurue... - Smiling River - 08-22-2012

Welcome to the RP community~

Re: Returning and in search of new adventurue... - Ravinous - 08-24-2012

Thanks for the welcomes, and I guess I do have a question. What's the best way to start participating in the linkshells? I've been trying to go the application route but it seems many of the forums are dead for now (at least until 2.0 launches).

Re: Returning and in search of new adventurue... - Reiry - 08-24-2012

Are you in intermission yet? I think all the active LS (except maybe TALE) have people who are active there. If you've registered here then you've already met all the requirements needed for a pearl just /tell about anyone. Also, making friends with Gerik helps! He's nearly talked me into an rp LS many times!

(And I totally saw your application to Blue Skies... cause I'm at lvl 50 stalking.)

Re: Returning and in search of new adventurue... - Merri - 08-24-2012

Reiry Wrote:(And I totally saw your application to Blue Skies... cause I'm at lvl 50 stalking.)

Kind of embarrassing that this made me go take a peek at the site. Been so incredibly busy dealing with stuff IRL that I've neglected to sit down and post an update on how the 2.0 relaunch is going to go, as well as put my stamp of approval on new applications.

SO THANKS.

And to get back on topic, welcome to the RPC! Hope to see you around.

Re: Returning and in search of new adventurue... - Ravinous - 08-24-2012

Thanks both of you. Big Grin