Hydaelyn Role-Players
[Balmung] Looking for some goofy/slice of life RP! - Printable Version

+- Hydaelyn Role-Players (https://ffxiv-roleplayers.com/mybb18)
+-- Forum: Community (https://ffxiv-roleplayers.com/mybb18/forumdisplay.php?fid=8)
+--- Forum: Making Connections (https://ffxiv-roleplayers.com/mybb18/forumdisplay.php?fid=35)
+--- Thread: [Balmung] Looking for some goofy/slice of life RP! (/showthread.php?tid=13822)

Looking for some goofy/slice of life RP! - Alicia Piercer - 10-09-2015

Hello everyone!

I'm looking for more people who want to participate with me and a friend in some goofy detective RP adventures! It's nothing serious, nothing gritty, nothing dark, nothing about a former Ishgardian dragoon who had a hard life and is now a mercenary/assassin working to take down the Sultana of Ul'dah to take control of the city and build a magtiek weapon to take on the Garleans because he's Bahamut's illegitimate half dragon half primal half Miqo'te chosen warrior of light. No, none of that. What we have is detective work! And plenty of it!

Solved cases:
  • The illegal sea shell trade of Limsa. For too long this despicable underworld black market has existed in the noble, and fishy, city of Limsa! The great Miqo'te detective I'nia Emi and her assistant Cydni Aizah have taken it upon themselves to put an end to this shady, but very lucrative, market of illegal sea shell selling! The culprit was found out to be Five Finger Freddy, a very cunning Lalafell, but he was caught! Justice has reigned supreme this day as the illegal sea shell market was brought to a close!
  • The case of the missing billionaire playboy and chocobo racing enthusiast. It is as the name implies! The billionaire playboy and chocobo racing enthusiast, Rodrigo El Miqo, had gone missing! This very rich, and very bad chocobo racer, had just seemingly vanished into thin air! Where did he go?! Was he kidnapped?! None knew! However, word of a master detective had reached the ear of Wilfred, butler to Rodrigo El Miqo, and as quick as a moogle he dispatched the aid of I'nia Emi and her assistant Cydni Aizah to solve the case! After much interrogation, and an undercover stint in the drowning wench of Limsa, it was uncovered that Rodrigo El Miqo was Wilfred all along! He had tricked the two in order to spread word of his upcoming chocobo race! The fiend! Needless to say, justice was dispensed in the form of master I'nia Emi stealing his chocobos and setting them free! 
  • Ace Attorney I'nia v.s Tenryuu of the silver tongue. A court case like none other! Tenryuu had challenged I'nia on her self proclaimed title of master detective, the case made front page news in the Limsan newspaper, the two were to do battle in front of a jury of their peers! A battle of wit! Of cunning! Of manliness! The court was a buzz as the grand admiral attempted to keep the people from rioting, the two exchanging insults and facts like a couple of fishermen's wives arguing over which of their husbands has the better boat! In the end it was a draw! For you see avid listeners, Tenryuu was a Raen! An Au'ra! I'nia called her a lizard and stormed away uttering the phrase: "My detective work is detective work that will pierce the heavens!"  Tenryuu was so dumbstruck by I'nia that she left Limsa entirely! Some say she now works in a tavern in Ul'dah, biding her time until she exposes I'nia for what she really is, a greenhorn detective! 
Current Cases:
  • Mr. X and the revival of the underground sea shell trade. Once more evil villany has reared it's ugly head as the notorious criminal Mr. X has revived the sea shell trade in Limsa in an attempt to swindle the innocent tourists out of their hard earned gil! I'nia and Cydni have once again been called into action to bring this fiend to justice!
  • Lunk, Thunk, and the big tree trunk. Trees are going missing in the north shroud, and the twin tree thieves Lunk and Thunk, have been sighted at the scene of the crime! Will I'nia solve this case?! Or will trees continue to go missing!? Find out next time on Drago-errr...on detective adventures! 

RE: Looking for some goofy/slice of life RP! - Warren Castille - 10-09-2015

"BUT CYDNI," Warren types very loudly and not at all as if he's reading his lines from a cue card, "IF SOMEONE WAS INTERESTED IN TAKING PART ON THESE ZANY ADVENTURES, WHERE MIGHT YOU BE REACHED TO PARTICIPATE? TIME ZONES, AVAILABILITY, ETCETERA? THIS SOUNDS LIKE FUN AND CUTE - A FUN AND CUTE TIME."

Show Content

RE: Looking for some goofy/slice of life RP! - Alicia Piercer - 10-09-2015

(10-09-2015, 12:53 PM)Warren Castille Wrote: "BUT CYDNI," Warren types very loudly and not at all as if he's reading his lines from a cue card, "IF SOMEONE WAS INTERESTED IN TAKING PART ON THESE ZANY ADVENTURES, WHERE MIGHT YOU BE REACHED TO PARTICIPATE? TIME ZONES, AVAILABILITY, ETCETERA? THIS SOUNDS LIKE FUN AND CUTE - A FUN AND CUTE TIME."

Show Content
"Ah! I-I wasn't prepared for this!" Cydni would reel back as she stumbles out of her chair! The question catching her off guard! "You can contact me in game, Cydni Aizah! Or I'nia Emi! Timezone is central time U.S! We're available 7 days a week 24 hours a day! WE!" A long pause! What was she about to say?! Something witty?! Something manly?! "HAVE NO LIVES!" The truth! The truth came out!

RE: Looking for some goofy/slice of life RP! - SessionZero - 10-09-2015

I would also like to know this information, because this sounds absolutely adorable.

Edit: My fingers are not fast enough. Thank you.

RE: Looking for some goofy/slice of life RP! - Nebbs - 10-09-2015

Oh this sounds very much the sort of think I also run and RP. I'd love to be involved.

I even name the RPs "The case of the ..."

My cazy witch Nebula would be best, as she is quite odd and sees adventure in anything.

RE: Looking for some goofy/slice of life RP! - Warren Castille - 10-09-2015

I've got an alt who might be able to be swept up in this sort of stuff.