Hydaelyn Role-Players
Ishgardian Fantastic Four inquiries. - Printable Version

+- Hydaelyn Role-Players (https://ffxiv-roleplayers.com/mybb18)
+-- Forum: Community (https://ffxiv-roleplayers.com/mybb18/forumdisplay.php?fid=8)
+--- Forum: RP Discussion (https://ffxiv-roleplayers.com/mybb18/forumdisplay.php?fid=13)
+--- Thread: Ishgardian Fantastic Four inquiries. (/showthread.php?tid=13857)

Pages: 1 2

Ishgardian Fantastic Four inquiries. - Kurt S. - 10-12-2015

I'm looking bits and pieces of trivia and information regarding Haillenarte and Durendaire, specifically. I wanna know I'm flipping a coin for. 

Things like:

-What they're known for.

-Important people. (that probably don't even get a mention along the msq.)

-What they own. (Haillenarte I think owns the Skysteel)

-Recent blunders.

-Recent achievements.

-What they're doing right now.

I just thought it'd help, flesh out a replacement concept I've been working in the event one of my existing characters die horribly and or get benched permanently. So things like that would help fill in backstory and such.

No, I'm probably not going to make a member of the actual main branch, at best it'd be some off shot, if not some minor house vassal to them(if that's even possible). But I'm sure things like work ethic and mentality rub off on some degree, as well as current and recent events.

RE: Ishgardian Fantastic Four inquiries. - Nadine Marteau - 10-12-2015

Haillenarte in particular is a an allied house to Fortemps. They also have a reputation for treating the commonfolk well and creating plenty of work for them, and are therefore more respected among them than the other noble houses. They do indeed own the Skysteel Manufactory, and its present overseer Stephanivien Haillenarte has a radical idea of arming commoners with their newly developed firearms, being able to field them faster and with less investment than traditional knights. Naturally, he has faced criticism and opposition from both within his house and from the other houses. (Which is a focal point of the MCH storyline). 

It is also known that Haillenarte has recently fell on hard times and does not have the prestige that it once held. The reasons for this aren't exactly explained, but it's seen as a lesser player among the four. (with Fortemps and Dzmael being bigger ones that oppose each other). In the main ARR questline you also help a member of the family escape a false heresy accusation.

Durendaire there isn't nearly as much written about to my knowledge, unfortunately. They're an ally to Dzmael and with them form the more traditionalist houses (with Fortemps and Haillenarte being known as more progressive.)

RE: Ishgardian Fantastic Four inquiries. - Kurt S. - 10-12-2015

Would it be safe to assume the Haillenartes are in a weak position even before hitting level 36-ish?

Also if I recall right, Camp Cloudtop isn't exactly a 'respectable' station or I think isn't seen as one for a career climber. It's also owned by the Haillenarte right? Like it's exclusively their operation. 

And the whole providing work to commoners bit, Stephanivien's probably the driving force for that I assume. Unless it's also possible other Haillenarte members employ commoners for things as important as what Stephie does in the MCH quests? 

Might have missed details while I've autopiloted through most of HW MSQ and sidequests. I don't remember any other mention of the sort throughout the MCH questline so I'm just exploring other possibilities really.

Interesting bits of info on the other two bigger houses would be welcome too really.

RE: Ishgardian Fantastic Four inquiries. - Kage - 10-12-2015

For House Fortemps and House Haillenarte specifically...

House Fortemps has of late gotten flack for advocating the use of outside foreigners, adventurers specifically. While Count Edmont treats his illegitimate son, Haurchefant, as if he was a trueborn there are many in Ishgard (such as the Heavensward) who call him a bastard.

House Haillenarte failed to hold and lost the Stone and Steel Vigils. That essentially put them at the mercy of the other Houses (Dzemael and Durendaire specifically). House Haillenarte doesn't quite have much funds, spreading themselves thin trying to bolster their Sea of Clouds outpost. Their youngest son, Francel, was friends with Haurchefant (Their story is in the Tales from the Dragonsong War). One of the sons died in the loss of Steel Vigil.

House Haillenarte are in a weak position, especially so before hitting level 36ish as they lost two Vigils before ARR. Losing them put them in the bottom rung it seems.

For the other two houses, interestingly, House Dzemael controls the Lightfeather Proving Grounds (the chocobo arena, but also for knights such as even the Temple Knights). House Dzemael is attempting to rebuild Falcon's Nest. House Durendaire has a knight in charge of Whitebrim.

RE: Ishgardian Fantastic Four inquiries. - Nadine Marteau - 10-12-2015

(10-12-2015, 08:52 AM)Kage Wrote: House Haillenarte failed to hold and lost the Stone and Steel Vigils. That essentially put them at the mercy of the other Houses (Dzemael and Durendaire specifically). House Haillenarte doesn't quite have much funds, spreading themselves thin trying to bolster their Sea of Clouds outpost. Their youngest son, Francel, was friends with Haurchefant (Their story is in the Tales from the Dragonsong War). One of the sons died in the loss of Steel Vigil.

Is it Haillenarte that lost Stone Vigil? Almost all the flavor text for it I can find refers to House Durendaire. 

The descriptions for Stone Vigil normal and HM respectively:

“One of four watchtowers built along the Sea of Clouds by the city-state of Ishgard, the Stone Vigil was overrun and occupied by the Dravanian Horde not long after the Calamity. The following years have seen the knights of House Durendaire make several attempts at reclaiming the fortress, but to no avail. What could it be that thwarts their every effort?”

“Too long has the Stone Vigil been ravished by the Dravinians and their thralls; too long has House Durendaire suffered this infamy. Time has come for its dragoons to retake the fortress, ten hundred lances and a thousand dreams of vengeance strong. Though the knights of Ishgard breach the gate to find a lodgment within the Vigil, the enemy is well-defended and amply supplied. This deadlock must be broken─and who better than those who once made free of the fortress under the dragons' very noses, and lived to tell the tale?”

This seems to suggest that Stone Vigil was lost by Durendaire. Where is it written that it was initially lost by Haillenarte?

RE: Ishgardian Fantastic Four inquiries. - Kage - 10-12-2015

(10-06-2015, 08:28 PM)Sounsyy Wrote:
Drillemont Wrote:..."Houses Fortemps and Haillenarte hereby formally advise that all restrictions on employing foreign sellswords be-" Hmph. These are naught more than the ill-conceived notions of a hopeless romantic and a naive lordling. House Durendaire would not even be in this position had not House Haillenarte failed to hold the Stone Vigil!

Nivie Wrote:Alas, he is not the only one to heap disdain upon House Haillenarte. Ever since we lost the Steel and Stone Vigils, we have been at the mercy of the other High Houses.

House Durendaire was put to the task because House Haillenarte fucked up.

RE: Ishgardian Fantastic Four inquiries. - Judielle Farendaire - 10-15-2015

I'm not at home, so I can't  get in-game and look around for quotes from around Coerthas, but I can recall a knight of House Fortemps in Camp Dragonhead expressing his misgivings concerning the Fortemps-Haillenarte alliance, saying, "House Haillenarte's bumblings have cost us Steel/Stone Vigil."  Can't quite remember which Vigil he actually speaks of in-game.

RE: Ishgardian Fantastic Four inquiries. - Sounsyy - 10-15-2015

WIP
I've got a lot more lore, but I'm out of time tonight. Raid and work early in the morning. Hopefully can add more lore to this over time!

House Fortemps, the Unicorn

Founder: Flavien de Fortemps

Important People:
-Count Edmond de Fortemps
-Lord Artoirel de Fortemps (eldest son)
-Lord Haurchefant Greystone (deceased, bastard son of the Count, controlled Dragonhead)
-Lord Emmanellain de Fortemps (youngest of the Count's three sons)

What they Own:
-Camp Dragonhead
Sightseeing #75 Wrote:Camp Dragonhead
Its name taken from a rocky outcropping said to be the head of a Dravanian king turned to stone by the almighty hand of Halone, this outpost acts as the central Coerthas highland's southernmost line of defense for the Holy See, tasked with fending off Ixali raids from Natalan, skirmishes by heretic factions, and the occasional yeti scare.

Achievements:
House Fortemps Steward Wrote:As for those sworn to House Fortemps... In addition to the knights, squires, and infantry, more than a hundred craftsmen, retainers, and other servants possessed of notable skill are pledged to our service. Given our strong position, one might expect us to have no truck with foreign merchants and sellswords. However, nothing could be further from the truth. I should think that my lord the count was quite clear on this point, but it was our hope that you and your allies would, by your deeds, help us to convince the other High Houses of the wisdom of opening the Gates of Judgement to all - among other things.
Havak Alvek Wrote:Word has arrived from our northern field correspondent directing us to a disconcerting disturbance unfolding in Ishgardian Coerthas. House Fortemps, one of the financially foremost families of the Holy See of Ishgard, has apparently assembled a substantial military contingent at the hamlet of Owl’s Nest. If this information has reached us in full fidelity—and there is no indication otherwise—the contingent, formed of knights and sellswords, has been mobilized for a most mystifying motive: the liberation of the Dzemael Darkhold.

Blunders:
Count Edmont de Fortemps Wrote:Granted, my decision will have raised eyebrows in the Vault and in the halls of the other High Houses. But so long as you continue your altruistic endeavors, I doubt my honored peers will feel moved to voice their concerns.
Alphinaud Wrote:By granting us patronage, House Fortemps has taken a tremendous risk. Until we demonstrate our worth to Ishgard at large, the count will face considerable opposition from his peers in matters great and small.
Dinner For Four Wrote:You deliver the invitation to Framoncis standing guard at House Durendaire, and he finds the proposed banquet to be suspect at best. He goes on to tell you that House Durendaire and House Fortemps are not on good terms. He agrees to deliver the invitation if only to prevent undue tension between the two houses. Report to Torsefers and inform him the invitations have been delivered.

Miscellaneous:
Lurchin' from Urchins Wrote:A spineball tournament is to take place at Camp Dragonhead, wherein two teams of residents will kick around a spiny lake urchin and see if they can get it into a barrel using only their boots. I can only imagine the look on the head chirurgeon's face the next day, but as they say: "The most primitive form of entertainent is watching others in pain."

House Durendaire, the Bell

Founder: unknown

Important People:
-(unknown Count)
-Ser Forlemont de Durendaire (brother of Count de Durendaire, heads the Observatorium)
-Carvallain de Gorgagne (Captain of the Kraken's Arms in Limsa, supposed lost heir of Durendaire)
-Lord Drillemont de Durendaire (second son, controls the Whitebrim Front and now Stone Vigil)
-Lord Jannequinard de Durendaire (third son of the Count, teaches Sharlayan Astromancy)
-Ser Yuhelmeric de Brillelame (former Lord Commander of Durendaire's Knights)
-Ser Redwald (commands Falcon's Nest)

What they Own:
-First Dicasteral Observatorium
-Falcon's Nest
Theugondet Wrote:It is my duty to ensure that the reconstruction of Falcon's Nest proceeds apace. To that end, our craftsmen must be able to work without fear for their safety. House Durendaire shares this responsibility with House Dzemael. Should our efforts come to naught, both houses will have to answer to the archbishop.
-Whitebrim Front
-Stone Vigil
Duty Finder Wrote:The Stone Vigil
One of four watchtowers built along the Sea of clouds by the city-state of Ishgard, the Stone Vigil was overrun and occupied by the Dravanian Horde not long after the Calamity. The following years have seen the knights of House Durendaire make several attempts at reclaiming the fortress, but to no avail.
Drillemont Wrote:..."Houses Fortemps and Haillenarte hereby formally advise that all restrictions on employing foreign sellswords be-" Hmph. These are naught more than the ill-conceived notions of a hopeless romantic and a naive lordling. House Durendaire would not even be in this position had not House Haillenarte failed to hold the Stone Vigil!
-Dusk Vigil (formerly)
Sightseeing #04 Wrote:The Dusk Vigil
The Calamity was not kind to this once-proud watchtower, from which Ser Yuhelmeric and the brave knights of House Durendaire once stood watch against the encroaching Horde. Since the walls fell and the chill took hold, it has come to be inhabited by all manner of fell beasts, and gods only knows what else.

Achievements:
Stay on Target Wrote:House Durendaire did not become known for the most powerful dragoons in Ishgard by blindly following old ways. Unlike many High Houses of that mistrustful theocracy, it seeks new knowledge—such as whether a Lominsan harpoon can be adapted against an airborne beast.

Blunders:
Rose Never Lets Go Wrote:O Halone, what have I done to deserve such animosity? I find myself caught in the middle of the nobles' squabbling and there is need to rectify it, else one or the other might curb their generous flow of gold to the knights' coffers! It would seem an ancient site defiled by heretics and ordered to be destroyed by House Durendaire was ancestral to House Haillenarte, and thus under their wardship. The House of the Rose is furious because of the order and demands what rubble is left of the slandered site to be exhumed and brought back to Ishgard for tribute and safekeeping. And here I thought the Friars Templar would be the brunt of my worries. I beseech you, please, return to the site and extract what remains of the relics so that this dispute may be put to rest. I'll pay you double if you stay silent.

Miscellaneous:
Bend It Like Durendaire Wrote:House Durendaire continues to flout the unspoken rule against trading openly with outlanders. As the greatest of Ishgard's High Houses, it thinks to make its own rules—but if it cannot bend these bows to halt the dragons, it will not matter whose rules it breaks.
Bartelot Wrote:Have we work for a weaver? No, lass, I'm afraid we've not got the gil for such now. But the way I hear it, House Durendaire's rollin' in the coin. Make your pitch to one of their guards. Mayhap they'll throw some custom your way.
Marraco Wrote:Every High House of Ishgard has its own dragon in a bonnet, don't they? An enemy without keeps order within. The dragon Marraco is to be hunted for the crime of mistaking almost a dozen of House Durendaire's knights for kindling. An impressive physical specimen by all accounts, the dragon Marraco can easily withstand a direct hit from dragonslayer cannons, thus requiring enterprising hunters to exercise some forethought in their choice of arms.

House Haillenarte, the Rose

Important People:
-Count Baurendouin de Haillenarte (father and head of household)
-Lord Stephanivien de Haillenarte (first-born son, guild leader of Skysteel Manufactory)
-Lord Aurvael de Haillenarte (second-born son, Diadem Mission Commander)
-Lord Chlodebaimt de Haillenarte (third-born son, deceased, killed at Steel Vigil)
-Lady Laniaitte de Haillenarte (first-born daughter, commands Camp Cloudtop)
-Lord Francel de Haillenarte (fourth-born son, commands Skyfire Locks)

Corvinoobus Wrote:To clarify the intent of the line I wrote, Francel is reflecting on his status as the fourth-born son, as daughters are often excluded from the line of succession in Ishgardian houses (there are exceptions, of course).

The birth order of Count Baurendouin de Haillenarte's children is as follows:

Stephanivien - firstborn son
Chlodebaimt - third-born son
Laniaitte - firstborn daughter
Francel - fourth-born son

I realize this may beg an obvious question, but before you think to ask─no, I can't tell you anything about the second-born son at this time. Terribly sorry about that.

Hope that clears things up!

Aurvael Wrote:Pray allow me to introduce myself. I am Aurvael de Haillenarte, second son of Count Baurendouin. Ah, I can tell what you are thinking - what would spur a nobleman to leave the lap of luxury to explore a harsh and brutal wilderness?

For the glory of Ishgard, we of House Haillenarte have spared no expense! We have at our disposal several outstanding airships, constructed by the Skysteel Manufactory for the express purpose of ferrying our courageous explorers to the Diadem!

Naul Wrote:Ah, yes. You know how Ishgard is about dragons. The Holy See managed to get Naul and a few other dragons on to the elite mark list. A favor to be repaid in kind, I'm sure. The dragons Naul and Svara are best known for their attack on the Steel Vigil, which left the fortress a smoking ruin. Notable casualties include the third son of House Haillenarte...
House Haillenarte Knight Wrote:Several moons ago marked the anniversary of the passing of Ser Chlodebaimt, son of House Haillenarte. He was lost to us in a horrible battle at the Steel Vigil. His sacrifice saved a great many lives that day, and so every year a memorial service is held in his honor.

What they Own:
-Skysteel Manufactory
-Camp Cloudtop
-Skyfire Locks
Count Baurendouin de Haillenarte Wrote:The dragon flies straight as an arrow for our very own Skyfire Locks. Should we let them be destroyed, the price will be steep in both coin and honor.
-Steel Vigil (formerly)
Sightseeing #76 Wrote:The Steel Vigil
One of four citadel watchtowers built along the Sea of Clouds, the Steel Vigil warned the Holy See of aerial attacks for centuries before being razed and gutted by the Dravanian Horde and their vile commander, Svara. Now, only the outer walls remain, leaving a bitter reminder of the dragons' destructive power.
-Stone Vigil (formerly)

Achievements:
-Successfully colonizing the Sea of Clouds (BTN questline)

Blunders:
Nivie Wrote:Alas, he is not the only one to heap disdain upon House Haillenarte. Ever since we lost the Steel and Stone Vigils, we have been at the mercy of the other High Houses.

Miscellaneous:

House Dzemael, the Rook

Founder: Sylvetrel de Dzemael

Important People:
-(unknown current Count)
-Lord Tarresson de Dzemael (former Count)
-Baron Thieveneux de Dzemael (master of House Dzemael and wealthy patron of the Temple Knights)
-Ser Grinnaux de Dzemael (trueborn Duskwight son of Dzemael, one of the Heaven's Ward)
Dengeki Online Wrote:As a trueborn son of House Dzemael, Grinnaux became known as one of his House’s most talented knights. He boasts unparalleled skill in the arts of war, but his history is peppered with conflicts resulting from his disagreeable personality. Nevertheless, Archbishop Thordan VII appointed Ser Grinnaux to the Heavens’ Ward based on combat capability alone — reasoning that if the man were tempered to obey instructions, his unruly behavior would not pose an issue.
-Archombadin de Dzemael (trueborn Wildwood son of Dzemael)
Archombadin Wrote:As a son of House Dzemael...
-Lord Tedalgrinche (Lord Commander of Dzemael knights, possibly son of Dzemael?)
-Jandelaine & Guillefresne (not trueborn)
Guillefresne Wrote:Ah, but where are my manners? I am Guillefresne, of House... well, you are not like to know of us, but perhaps you do know of House Dzemael, with whom we share common ancestry.
-Dyrstweitz Dyrstweitzsyn (his family has served House Dzemael for generations)

What they Own:
-Dzemael Darkhold
Dyrstweitz Wrote:A hearty hail to you, adventurer. I am Dyrstweitz, son of Dyrstweitz. I serve House Dzemael, as did my father and his father before him. Like them, I have sworn a solemn oath to protect the count's lands and holdings from any and all that would do them harm. Originally designed to provide protection against air and land attacks from the Wyrmking's horde, construction on the Darkhold began several generations ago when Count Dzemael, fifty-third of his line and lord of House Dzemael - greatest of the four high houses of Ishgard - discovered a hidden network of caves while foxing near the Nail.
-Lightfeather Proving Grounds
Alinaure Wrote:As you might expect from the name, the Lightfeather Proving Grounds were originally established to host matches for battle-trained chocobos. That being said, House Dzemael has since allowed the grounds to be used for other purposes on occasion. Some other houses have staged spectacles, for both private and public amusement. The Temple Knights have also held exhibitions in the past as well - those are always a delight, believe you me.
-Falcon's Nest (building it!)

Achievements:
Stephanivien Wrote:House Dzemael is a powerful family, and their talent for the building of fortifications has brought them vast wealth and influence. Staunch allies of House Durendaire, the Dzemaels have also been party to a number of significant victories. Thus do they stand at the peak of Ishgardian society, looking down their noses at any who do not share their “noble” pedigree.
No Rest for the Thicket Wrote:House Dzemael beams so brightly of the work their men do on the buildings in Falcon's Nest, that their orders require them to work night and day, for the Rook did not attain such wealth and prestige without their penchant for unrivaled diligence. After the sun sets, great fires must be kept burning bright enough for them to see their work clearly and keep the wild nocturnal beasts at bay. Procure great stacks of wood to serve as kindling for the bonfires so that those artisans of stone and lumber may continue to see sharp through night's thick cover.
Warm In Their Beds Wrote:The fortress that Falcon's Nest will become is to be built solid and impenetrable with materials married to stone and steel, yet House Dzemael has made a rare request for lumber in constructing some building foundations. You may inquire as I did of creating frames of wood as we strive to rebuild Falcon's Nest stronger than before, yet the architects of House Dzemael explained the project was not for the Nest's defenses. You see, the commonfolk of Falcon's Nest lived simple lives, and often gave hope to the that they would die aged among family in the warmth of their own cabin bed. The Calamity had denied that wish from those residents of Falcon's Nest who fled in terror, buried and frozen in ever-ice. The Rook expressed its desire to reconstruct the townspeoples' homes as they stood, in a solemn tribute for those who had lost their lives.
Gaetelle Wrote:You are familiar with the statue of Saint Valeroyant? The one in the center of the forum? House Dzemael's stonemasons have been working on chiseling a new head, and one of our students has been tasked with overseeing their work.
Archombadin Wrote:You need not thank me - House Dzemael prides itself on its charity to the deprived.

Blunders:
Havak Alvek Wrote:First, it is common knowledge that the Dzemael Darkhold was intended to be Ishgard’s bastion in their continuing conflict against dragonkind, a flawless fortification from where they would wage war against their ancient adversaries. Second, it had earlier been revealed that the Ishgardians had met with a quandary in the quarrying effort, which should have triggered a tangible tightening of defenses. What formidable force, then, could have mastered the martially minded Ishgardians in a position as well-defended as the Darkhold?

Miscellaneous:
Handeloup Wrote:A rather more bureaucratic approach than I anticipated, but I would expect no less from a lord of House Dzemael. As skilled with his words as he is with a hammer and chisel. He has not told you? That cunning old fox is none other than Tarresson de Dzemael - formerly Count Tarresson de Dzemael. Although he has long since stepped down, he still does not scruple to intercede in various affairs.
Tarresson Wrote:Well then, let me apologize for the belated introduction. I am Tarresson de Dzemael, erstwhile count of my house. I am happy to say my son now enjoys that burden, leaving me to spend my days as I please. I try to stay busy, of course, and our project here has been a boon in that regard. However, do not think this some whim born of idleness. No, this is how I wish to live out my twilight years. As my true self. As a craftsman.

House Dzemael was built upon a foundation of mastery. Mastery of wood, steel, and stone. From a young age I strove to learn the techniques of my forefathers. Alas, once I became count, I was forced to trade my hammer and chisel for quill and parchment. A count's craft is to uphold the honor of his house, his tools his wit and his wiles. I was bound to the eternal struggle for glory and prestige, and as the months bled into years my days as an artisan faded into half-forgotten memory.

It was this single-minded state I raised my sons, teaching them naught of the joy of crafting. Perhaps by imparting my knowledge to others, I am in some small way trying to alleviate that regret...
Landing the Big One Wrote:It has been said the best deals are struck during a session of fishing, and it just so happens yours truly was invited by Baron Thieveneux of House Dzemael, a staunch and wealthy patron of the temple knights to partake in such a leisure. Outside of the capital? Halone forbid! No, no, I have been invited to the manor's expansive ponds, stocked with the best and built by Dzemael hands. There is much profit to be had for the coffers from a leisure such as this, so I find myself in need of a fine cedar fishing rod...though not too fine, mind you. I would yield the fattest carp to the master of the House of Rook as I try to catch even bigger fish.

The Forgotten Knight
Brawny Knight Wrote:I would wash my hands of blood and betrayal and take up an honest trade. Mayhap I shall serve ale instead of sharpened steel...
Gibrillont Wrote:They say that the ser who built this tavern was happy to be forgotten. "Rather serve ale instead of steel." Had a way with words, he did- and with women. But that's a story for another time.

This hints that the Forgotten Knight who helped slay Ratatoskr and Nidhogg might have a prodigious progeny - a story element which will likely become relevant later in the Heavensward story.

Hope this helps! ^^

RE: Ishgardian Fantastic Four inquiries. - Kage - 10-18-2015

(10-15-2015, 07:47 PM)Sounsyy Wrote: WIP
I've got a lot more lore, but I'm out of time tonight. Raid and work early in the morning. Hopefully can add more lore to this over time!

House Haillenarte, the Rose

Important People:
-Count Baurendouin de Haillenarte (father and head of household)
-Lady Laniaitte de Haillenarte (daughter, commands Camp Cloudtop)
-Lord Stephanivien de Haillenarte (eldest son, guild leader of Skysteel Manufactory)
-Lord Francel de Haillenarte (second son, commands Skyfire Locks)
-Unnamed Third Son of House Haillenarte (slain by Naul when Steel Vigil was razed)
Naul Wrote:Ah, yes. You know how Ishgard is about dragons. The Holy See managed to get Naul and a few other dragons on to the elite mark list. A favor to be repaid in kind, I'm sure. The dragons Naul and Svara are best known for their attack on the Steel Vigil, which left the fortress a smoking ruin. Notable casualties include the third son of House Haillenarte...

The name for the dead son I believe is Chlodebaimt!

Honoring the Past Wrote:This Haillenarte knight has the look of a man in mourning.
A memorial service was recently held to honor Ser Chlodebaimt of House Haillenarte. Due to unforeseen circumstances, however, the Rose Knights of Camp Cloudtop were not present. The Haillenarte knight mentions his friend Rontremont, a knight of Camp Cloudtop who once served Ser Chlodebaimt, and is certain he regrets being unable to attend. He wishes to offer Rontremont the battle standard raised during the ceremony. Deliver the battle standard to Rontremont at Camp Cloudtop.
You deliver the battle standard to Rontremont. He becomes increasingly nostalgic of both good and bad experiences while serving at the Steel Vigil. However, he feels there is another more deserving of that tattered memento—Lady Laniaitte, sister to Ser Chlodebaimt.
Lady Laniaitte welcomes you with a warm greeting, but quickly turns sullen at the sight of the battle standard. She tells you of her admiration for him, and wonders aloud if his death marked the beginning of the decline of House Haillenarte. She soon casts her doubts aside, vowing to uphold the honor of her family in the face of any adversity.

Also, for Francel, shouldn't he be "fourth-born" or third-son? From Dragonsong tales they mentioned that he was the fourth-born (while reminding us that Haurchefant is a bastard). Or perhaps it should be third son and the typo was made in the tales?

I've already done Honoring the Past quest line, but I've read someone say that Laniatte mentions that it was Safat and Svara, Safat being the one who ransacked Steel Vigil.

Question, have you started to compile a list of minor houses? Couldn't find one while I was browsing some... lore.. posts... >.> I think

RE: Ishgardian Fantastic Four inquiries. - Sounsyy - 10-18-2015

Show Content

(10-18-2015, 06:27 PM)Kage Wrote: Question, have you started to compile a list of minor houses? Couldn't find one while I was browsing some... lore.. posts... >.> I think

-Brillelame (Elezen House, Yuhelmeric de Brillelame)
-Rougecarpe (Elezen House, Ansaulme de Rougecarpe)
-Gorgagne (Elezen House, Carvallain de Gorgagne)
-Valentione (Elezen House, Countess Arabelle de Valentione)
-Bale (Midlander House, Azure Dragoon Alberic Bale)
-Jervaint (Elezen House formed backbone of Temple Knights, Baroness Laurisse de Jervaint)
-Caulignont (Elezen House, Rielle & Ystride de Caulignont)
-Bonfaurt (Wildwood Elezen, serves Dzemael)
-Maintigny (Wildwood Elezen, Crammevoix de Maintigny)
-Courcillan
-Centurio??
Ardolain Wrote:A band of fearless monster hunters brought together by Ser Leaudaste, the Ishgardian noble who won fame and fortune as the original monster hunter.

There's mention of a Duskwight House Nevelle, however, it traces its roots from Vylbrand, and there's no evidence that this House is Ishgardian.

I was able to find a lot more nobles in the various Disciple of Hand quests, but most don't have the surname/House names attached to them. Glenda and Gerhardt are both Hyuran Ishgardian nobles, but there's no mention of their House.

RE: Ishgardian Fantastic Four inquiries. - Kage - 10-18-2015

Yep, I've made a post in the localization board, maybe someone there can explain. Basically Francel can only have an older sister for it to work.

1- Stephanivien (1st son)
2- Lainiatte
3- Unnamed sister?
4- Francel (2nd son???)
5- Chlodebaimt (3rd son)

I also have another house possibly?
House Caulignont featured in the DRK 50-60 questline. The house is deeply affiliated with the church and Countess Ystride being a deeply pious and devout priestess (able to command temple knights to her cause) as she has high standing with the church.

Sorry to hijack thread ;w;

RE: Ishgardian Fantastic Four inquiries. - Kurt S. - 10-18-2015

(10-18-2015, 09:38 PM)Kage Wrote: Yep, I've made a post in the localization board, maybe someone there can explain. Basically Francel can only have an older sister for it to work.

1- Stephanivien (1st son)
2- Lainiatte
3- Unnamed sister?
4- Francel (2nd son???)
5- Chlodebaimt (3rd son)

I also have another house possibly?
House Caulignont featured in the DRK 50-60 questline. The house is deeply affiliated with the church and Countess Ystride being a deeply pious and devout priestess (able to command temple knights to her cause) as she has high standing with the church.

Sorry to hijack thread ;w;

Pretty sure as long as it's Ishgard nobility related it's relevant. I, for one, appreciate all the info flooding in really.

RE: Ishgardian Fantastic Four inquiries. - Kage - 10-19-2015

I got an answer about the House Haillenarte children!!!!

http://forum.square-enix.com/ffxiv/threads/266849-House-Haillenarte-Francel-Third-Son-and-Fourth-born-or-not?p=3376568&viewfull=1#post3376568

Quote:The birth order of Count Baurendouin de Haillenarte's children is as follows:

Stephanivien - firstborn son
Chlodebaimt - third-born son
Laniaitte - firstborn daughter
Francel - fourth-born son

RE: Ishgardian Fantastic Four inquiries. - Hammersmith - 10-19-2015

Fantastic Fortemps.  Really No one's grabbed that one yet?

I'll see myself out.
Cactuar

RE: Ishgardian Fantastic Four inquiries. - Sounsyy - 11-10-2015

Found our missing Haillenarte son. Already edited my original post.

Aurvael Wrote:Pray allow me to introduce myself. I am Aurvael de Haillenarte, second son of Count Baurendouin. Ah, I can tell what you are thinking - what would spur a nobleman to leave the lap of luxury to explore a harsh and brutal wilderness?

For the glory of Ishgard, we of House Haillenarte have spared no expense! We have at our disposal several outstanding airships, constructed by the Skysteel Manufactory for the express purpose of ferrying our courageous explorers to the Diadem!