Hydaelyn Role-Players
Grand Company Lore - Printable Version

+- Hydaelyn Role-Players (https://ffxiv-roleplayers.com/mybb18)
+-- Forum: Community (https://ffxiv-roleplayers.com/mybb18/forumdisplay.php?fid=8)
+--- Forum: RP Discussion (https://ffxiv-roleplayers.com/mybb18/forumdisplay.php?fid=13)
+--- Thread: Grand Company Lore (/showthread.php?tid=13865)

Grand Company Lore - CrimsonMars - 10-13-2015

So I'm trying to brush up on general grand company lore. Specifically the Immoral Flames. Should we assume they are anything like the real-life military at all? If we were to join one, are we mostly confined to the city-state if we were to join one? And how does one go about joining one and archive the ranks? (I assume it's not as easy as how it is in-game, lol)

Reason being is that I'm thinking of having one of my characters join one ICly.

RE: Grand Company Lore - Kage - 10-13-2015

Here is the organizational chart.

[Image: Immortal_Flames_Org_Chart.png]

They are essentially the bulk of Ul'dah's military strength.

Depending on your standing, you may be able to leave and travel to other places to conduct investigations etc. We've seen Flames presence in the other city states on investigations and whatnot. I assume it is easy to enlist but staying and doing the job is a different story depending on what brigade you may join.

RE: Grand Company Lore - Austratus - 10-13-2015

Of course, the accuracy of that chart differs depending on whether or not you've finished certain content in the main and side story.

Show Content

RE: Grand Company Lore - Seriphyn - 10-13-2015

(10-13-2015, 01:13 PM)Austratus Wrote:
Show Content

Nooo, the traitor is not ousted before the CM assault, but into the 2.x patch series! A skirmish between Flames/Crystal Braves against Garleans take places outside CM, though.

It is implied in the 2.55 ending that Immortal Flames have a presence as far as "the Ala Mhigan front", so there is that. It is safe to assume the Flames are a conventional land army, versus Maelstrom's naval flavour and the Twin Adders' more ranger-esque, peacekeeping style.

RE: Grand Company Lore - Ashe - 10-13-2015

Also, there is a ton of lore in the books in the library in Sharlayan/The Hinterlands related to this.
I suggest finding a group that is willing to let you read all the passages in there.

(10-13-2015, 01:31 PM)Seriphyn Wrote: Nooo, the traitor is not ousted before the CM assault, but into the 2.x patch series! A skirmish between Flames/Crystal Braves against Garleans take places outside CM, though.
Yeah, I think I remember properly that it was part of 2.3, the Defenders of Eorzea patch. Previous post updated now.

RE: Grand Company Lore - mongi291 - 10-13-2015

(10-13-2015, 02:01 PM)Austratus Wrote:
(10-13-2015, 01:31 PM)Seriphyn Wrote: Nooo, the traitor is not ousted before the CM assault, but into the 2.x patch series! A skirmish between Flames/Crystal Braves against Garleans take places outside CM, though.
Yeah, I think I remember properly that it was part of 2.3, the Defenders of Eorzea patch. Previous post updated now.
Actually I'm pretty sure that happens during 2.4...

Show Content

RE: Grand Company Lore - Kage - 10-13-2015

(10-13-2015, 01:33 PM)Ashe Wrote: Also, there is a ton of lore in the books in the library in Sharlayan/The Hinterlands related to this.
I suggest finding a group that is willing to let you read all the passages in there.

Ummm.... looks through dungeon notes in the library.

I see nothing about Grand Company lore, or more specifically the Immortal Flames...?

RE: Grand Company Lore - LiadansWhisper - 10-13-2015

(10-13-2015, 02:12 PM)mongi291 Wrote: Actually I'm pretty sure that happens during 2.4...

Show Content

Show Content

RE: Grand Company Lore - mongi291 - 10-13-2015

(10-13-2015, 03:26 PM)LiadansWhisper Wrote:
(10-13-2015, 02:12 PM)mongi291 Wrote: Actually I'm pretty sure that happens during 2.4...

Show Content

Show Content

Show Content

... Accidental cellphone post. Apologies. Serves me right for not actually looking it up. XD