Hydaelyn Role-Players
Storytelling Night [9/16] - Printable Version

+- Hydaelyn Role-Players (https://ffxiv-roleplayers.com/mybb18)
+-- Forum: Resources (https://ffxiv-roleplayers.com/mybb18/forumdisplay.php?fid=17)
+--- Forum: Roleplay Events (https://ffxiv-roleplayers.com/mybb18/forumdisplay.php?fid=20)
+---- Forum: Chronicled Events (https://ffxiv-roleplayers.com/mybb18/forumdisplay.php?fid=52)
+---- Thread: Storytelling Night [9/16] (/showthread.php?tid=1389)

Storytelling Night [9/16] - Eva - 08-28-2012

Storytelling Around the Fire
Sunday, September 16th @ 8:00pm EDT (until whenever)
(Different Time Zone?)

Gridanian authorities have granted permission once again for us to have a contained bonfire upon the stage of Mih Khetto's Amphitheatre. On the 16th sun of the fifth astral moon at the 8th bell after mid-day, I would like to extend an invitation to anyone from any nation with a story of their own to share, or a yearning to listen to others share their own tales - be they factual or fiction, comedy or tragedy, stories of heroic deeds of your own, or maybe a friend or loved one. We will gather in a circle around the fire and share in these retellings. Food and beverage will be provided for those hungry and thirsty. Who knows - maybe you will walk away from the experience with newfound appreciation, a few new friends, or at the very least a full belly.

A few simple ground rules I would ask everyone to adhere to:
  • Please be respectful of the current storyteller.
  • Please feel free to come and go as you must, as the event may span several bells, but in doing so please be sure to adhere to the above rule.
  • If sharing your own story, please keep it relatively brief to allow time for others to share as well.
  • A queue will be established to determine storytelling order for those interested in sharing.
  • If there are stories left untold after the bonfire begins to die down, a petition to Gridania for another event will be made, and I will see to it that those who did not have a chance to tell their tales the first time are given priority to speak at this.

If there are any questions, or anyone wishes to help with the smooth organization of this event (as provisioning food and beverage or acting as an usher), please contact Miss Eva Ianeira. Correspondance may be directed to the headquarters of the Twin Adder in Gridania ((or just PM me ^^ )).

I hope to see many faces and hear some wonderful stories!

Warm regards,
~Eva Ianeira, hostess

((The above is in the format of a simple flyer that appears in the taverns and places of interest in all city-states. Questions or comments can be posted here or PM'd to me. This isn't affiliated with any particular linkshell/company, and everyone from any RP group is invited to come and participate so long as they're respectful. This is meant to be lighthearted fun and not an outlet for character drama (unless that's within the story you're telling). Please help me spread the word by sharing this with your linkshell friends that may not frequent the RPC. Thank you! Wink

I also figured a couple weeks would give enough time for those interested in sharing to write up some material that they might want to share. Last time we had some pre-written stuff, and some of us I think sort of just went off the cuff with variations of stories we'd heard before. Either way is great! ))

Re: Storytelling Night [9/16] - Eva - 09-11-2012

:cheer:

(( Just a friendly reminder to notify that this is coming up in less than a week. We had some great stories told the last time, but I know a little bit of preparation is needed, whether it be to author something creative and new, or tweak an existing story to make it fit in with Eorzean lore. I'm hoping to see everyone there and will probably be spamming Backstage with a notice or two each night for those who don't frequent the RPC. Please help me spread the word! ))

EDIT TO ADD:
(( Oh!! Also last time there was a little confusion about having a fire pit on the wooden stage at the amphitheatre. Just to kind of provide a helpful illustration, the wrought-iron firepit being dragged up there is kind of a larger version of the one depicted below. No, we are not burning the stage down. lol ))

Example:
[Image: fab03f9638a7a9a781e0e50968d19bf3.jpg]

Re: Storytelling Night [9/16] - Aysun - 09-16-2012

Figured I'd post a log of the stories and whatnot from last night, since I know a lot of people had to AFK or DC'd at some point or another and their characters were technically still there. Smile Also, fun stories and poems and junk for OOC reading!
Enjoy!!

Show Content

Re: Storytelling Night [9/16] - Eva - 09-17-2012

((

Thank you for recording the log Aysun. And thank you to everyone who came out last night - we had a really great turn-out!! And a special thank you in particular to those who volunteered to share a story or poem! Events such as this rely pretty heavily on others' sharing stories and I near-panicked at the start when I realized pretty much everyone came to listen and none to share. In the end I'm grateful for those folks that came up with something, even if it was kind of on the fly or improvised. They were all wonderful and thank you for keeping the event going!

I think the next time I set one of these up - post-ARR - we'll change things up a bit and make it such that each storyteller chooses the next one to go, so that everyone in attendance should be expected to have at least one story or poem of their own on standby in case they're called upon. If may decrease overall attendance, if there are people who adamantly don't want to share anything, but I think overall it would be a good thing for RP.

All in all though, it was great to see the RP community come together across a variety of linkshells and I hope to keep these going post-ARR. I'm sure those staying behind for the 5 years will have some interesting stories to tell, in particular. Wink

))