Hydaelyn Role-Players
Any mega man fans! - Printable Version

+- Hydaelyn Role-Players (https://ffxiv-roleplayers.com/mybb18)
+-- Forum: Off-Topic (https://ffxiv-roleplayers.com/mybb18/forumdisplay.php?fid=42)
+--- Forum: Off-Topic Discussion (https://ffxiv-roleplayers.com/mybb18/forumdisplay.php?fid=14)
+--- Thread: Any mega man fans! (/showthread.php?tid=13977)

Pages: 1 2 3

Any mega man fans! - Roe Dad - 10-23-2015

List your fav games and bosses themes whatever you like about the series!

Mine are 3, X, and 8

Bosses: Metal Man, Astro Man, Vile,  and Spark Mandril

Themes: Metal Man, Astro Man, Spark Mandrill, and Zero

RE: Any mega man fans! - Caspar - 10-23-2015

Legends :(

I liked most of the series, but probably my favorites are legends, zero and classic. I did like x4. I loved rockman and bass as well as 8.

My favorite bosses are probably grenade man, metal man, tengu man, infinity mijinion and i guess the gesellschaft battle from legends, though not really a robot master.

RE: Any mega man fans! - MBajihri - 10-23-2015

Huge fan of the classic MegaMan games, whether speeding or casual play the game boasts a difficulty level that a lot of games today could learn from. I started playing MegaMan X on the SNES as a child, and then moved into the other X series(Finding SNES carts for 2 and 3 was REALLY hard). I then progressed to X4-7, loving the multiple character system as well as different ways to play through the sequences of bosses. 

Additionally, MegaMan Battle Network 2 and onward have a special place in my heart. A few kids in my school and I always played to battle and trade Battlechips, and it was fairly competitive.

As for music and themes, Blaze Heatnix in X5 I think was incredible. Just about every theme in MegaMan X was great, and I loved Magma Dragoon's level.

As for bosses, I always found Cyber Peacock to be annoying. There's a sweet spot you can stand where you can wreck him and stand -just- outside of his stab range, but I never found it. The most annoying boss for me was final Sigma in X1, because I'd find that one pixel where I'd get crushed between a wall and one of his fists while trying to climb over it.

Lastly, MegaMan Legends was hours of good fun with friends when I was younger. Overall, MegaMan's one of those series that I can safely say I love despite not having an RPG element to it. If I'm fortunate enough in the near future I may stream some MegaMan X4, as it's a game I could play over and over and not tire of. Sorry for the rant, but I love the series!

RE: Any mega man fans! - Olofantur - 10-23-2015

(10-23-2015, 01:08 PM)Caspar Wrote: Legends Sad

Fuck yea! \o/ That and the miss adventures of Tron Bonne were many a night of fun.

I'm also a big battle network fan, although I haven't played any of the recent incarnations.

RE: Any mega man fans! - Caspar - 10-23-2015

I really liked the fights with Dynamo even though he was easy because his theme rocked and he made a funny joke about Zero coming back from destruction so many times because he's too popular to kill off.

RE: Any mega man fans! - Syf - 10-23-2015

My favorite is X, and I've only played X-X7 with a collection series on the Gamecube. I've also played a lot of the handheld Megaman games, Battle Network and all of the Zero and ZX games. Looking forward to any future inspiration games that will come out in the future.

My favorite theme is Chill Penguin.

(10-23-2015, 01:15 PM)Olofantur Wrote:

Fuck yea! \o/ That and the miss adventures of Tron Bonne were many a night of fun.

I'm also a big battle network fan, although I haven't played any of the recent incarnations.
The DS Battle Network incarnations really go a long way from the story and the gameplay we know and love. It's not -bad-, but it's different.

RE: Any mega man fans! - Roe Dad - 10-23-2015

I liked most of the series, but probably my favorites are legends, zero and classic. I did like x4. I loved rockman and bass as well as 8.

My favorite bosses are probably grenade man, metal man, tengu man, infinity mijinion and i guess the gesellschaft battle from legends, though not really a robot master.
I didnt add legends but I spaced opting for soccer and Chase and battle sorry Sad forgive me

(10-23-2015, 01:24 PM)Syf Wrote: My favorite is X, and I've only played X-X7 with a collection series on the Gamecube. I've also played a lot of the handheld Megaman games, Battle Network and all of the Zero and ZX games. Looking forward to any future inspiration games that will come out in the future.

I always beat chill penguin first. Love him though!

(10-23-2015, 01:42 PM)Lady Krist Wrote:
(10-23-2015, 01:24 PM)Syf Wrote: My favorite is X, and I've only played X-X7 with a collection series on the Gamecube. I've also played a lot of the handheld Megaman games, Battle Network and all of the Zero and ZX games. Looking forward to any future inspiration games that will come out in the future.

For a fun challenge, try Launch Octopus first, no dash boots! So many restarts!

(10-23-2015, 01:49 PM)MBajihri Wrote:

I actually have done this it was easy. Just changes how I play the rest of the game. Still get the hadoken. Lots of running back though. I have never actually beat 9 or 10 I own them on Playstation but just never sat down to play them.

RE: Any mega man fans! - MBajihri - 10-24-2015

(10-23-2015, 01:53 PM)Lady Krist Wrote:

I actually have done this it was easy. Just changes how I play the rest of the game. Still get the hadoken. Lots of running back though. I have never actually beat 9 or 10 I own them on Playstation but just never sat down to play them.
I should clarify! I have to use more timing on the second submarine than I do on Octopus. Either way, game's great! If you ever happen to play it on a stream or something I'd love to watch. Big Grin

RE: Any mega man fans! - Roe Dad - 10-24-2015

(10-24-2015, 11:38 PM)MBajihri Wrote:
(10-23-2015, 01:53 PM)Lady Krist Wrote:

I should clarify! I have to use more timing on the second submarine than I do on Octopus. Either way, game's great! If you ever happen to play it on a stream or something I'd love to watch. Big Grin
Oh I dont know if I want people watching me play...<.< >.>

RE: Any mega man fans! - Sylentmana - 10-26-2015

I don't see Legends on there. That was always my favorite. It was weird and unique and utterly glorious. It also had the best incarnation of Roll and the Bonne family was hilarious.

RE: Any mega man fans! - Roe Dad - 10-26-2015

(10-26-2015, 09:55 AM)Sylentmana Wrote: I don't see Legends on there. That was always my favorite. It was weird and unique and utterly glorious. It also had the best incarnation of Roll and the Bonne family was hilarious.
I know im sorry forgot to add it but only 20 poll options