Hydaelyn Role-Players
Hello Everyone! o/ - Printable Version

+- Hydaelyn Role-Players (https://ffxiv-roleplayers.com/mybb18)
+-- Forum: RPC (https://ffxiv-roleplayers.com/mybb18/forumdisplay.php?fid=25)
+--- Forum: Welcome Desk (https://ffxiv-roleplayers.com/mybb18/forumdisplay.php?fid=10)
+--- Thread: Hello Everyone! o/ (/showthread.php?tid=14038)

Hello Everyone! o/ - Neki - 10-27-2015

Hello everyone! My name is Neki and I sorta have been creepin' the forums for a bit while making a Wiki for my character so I thought I should finally introduce myself since I'm slowly getting into RP more bit by bit. I must sadly say I am not on Balmung for I'm on Behemoth and I do not plan to transfer since I have many friends here but maybe one day I will make an alt. on Balmung when I get more comfortable with RP'ing.

--MMORPG background:
 I have been playing MMOs since around 2008 with my first being World of Warcraft. I played WoW for 4 to 5 years up until Pandaria where I lost interest with the direction the game was heading. I looked around for years looking for a new MMO home up until I found out about FFXIV and I have stayed here since! Well....till I almost quit FFXIV for Wildstar but I quickly came back to Eorzea!
--RP experience:
I have little experience with RP'ing outside with friends but I have been slowly getting out of my shell with helping the LS I'm in with some RP events. Though I have been interested in RP back when I played WoW but was far too shy to join random people...
--Character ideas/info: 
I am still trying to flesh my PC out but so far Neki Nurai is a Miqo'te hybrid (Seeker and Keeper blood), her personality is she is first shy and reserved but she is truly a kind-hearted, warm and affectionate person. Neki is an adventurer and her weapon of choice is the bow. The reason she chose to be an adventurer is to experience the world while helping and protecting others along the way.
--How did you learn about the coalition?
From googling "FFXIV RP". Like I said I have been creepin' around but I finally made a account awhile back.
--What kind of a role-player are you aiming to be? Light, medium, or heavy?
More Light as of now till I can break out of my shyness and maybe then I can try more Light to Medium?
--Anything from real life you'€™re comfortable with sharing? (Work, school, hobbies, etc)
Hmmm....outside FFXIV I like to draw and play other video games, mostly RPGS. 

I do have some quick questions if you don't mind!
  1. Is Neki being a Miqo'te hybrid alright? I took this into consideration and gave her Seeker features due to the fact in the game she is a Keeper. For example Neki's skin color is pale, her hair is white, tail is long and fluffy, and her hair is more on the wavy side which Keeper Miqo'te have darker skin tones, dark hair, thin tails and hair is straight and thin.
  2. I want Neki to part of the Scions of the Seventh Dawn but I look at other character wikis and I never see any of them part of it...Is it acceptable? She isn't a WoL (I know that is a no-no), but she has the Echo and she is great at combat, is that enough for her to be part of their order?

Thank you very much for taking time to read my first post. Hopefully I will see you all in-game or in the forums! 

RE: Hello Everyone! o/ - Warren Castille - 10-27-2015

Being a part of the Scions is a little tricky. Most of their recruited forces get slaughtered in the MSQ and aside from the Big Named Folks it's sort of implied the Crystal Braves nonsense would further complicate things.

It's possible, but the vast majority of roleplayers I'm aware of skirt the main character stuff. Just having survived the incidents as they happened would put you in regular contact with several important NPCs and that's mind-shattering for regular folks.

RE: Hello Everyone! o/ - Unnamed Mercenary - 10-27-2015

(10-27-2015, 07:07 PM)Neki Wrote: I do have some quick questions if you don't mind!
  1. Is Neki being a Miqo'te hybrid alright? I took this into consideration and gave her Seeker features due to the fact in the game she is a Keeper. For example Neki's skin color is pale, her hair is white, tail is long and fluffy, and her hair is more on the wavy side which Keeper Miqo'te have darker skin tones, dark hair, thin tails and hair is straight and thin.
  2. I want Neki to part of the Scions of the Seventh Dawn but I look at other character wikis and I never see any of them part of it...Is it acceptable? She isn't a WoL (I know that is a no-no), but she has the Echo and she is great at combat, is that enough for her to be part of their order?

Hiya! Welcome to the RPC! 

Hopefully I can answer these in an acceptable manner.

1) YES! Seeker-Keeper mixes are allowed, although not common. There's no genetic inability and the official Miqo'te naming conventions attempt to show some hybrid names as well! Seekers and Keepers come in all varieties of shapes, sizes and skintones, however! Sometimes it just takes finding the right NPC to show it.

2) This...is trickier. While not particularly common in the community here, there's nothing stopping a person from having the Echo and being a Scion. In fact, this was all the 1.0 Main Character had been. (Before Warrior of Light was even a thing!). Generally, when I see people ask about the Echo, I ask this: Does having the Echo greatly affect your character? Has it modified her motivations or skills? Generally, if it's being used just as having extra powers, people will shy away from it. If there's character growth beyond "/em does ______ because she has the Echo", people are more likely to go with it.

RE: Hello Everyone! o/ - Garalona - 10-27-2015

Welcome, and let me just say Keeper-Seeker hybrids are awesome! I hope to see you around in game!

RE: Hello Everyone! o/ - Edgar - 10-27-2015

(10-27-2015, 07:19 PM)Unnamed Mercenary Wrote:
(10-27-2015, 07:07 PM)Neki Wrote: I do have some quick questions if you don't mind!

Hiya! Welcome to the RPC! 

1) YES! Seeker-Keeper mixes are allowed, although not common. There's no genetic inability and the official Miqo'te naming conventions attempt to show some hybrid names as well! Seekers and Keepers come in all varieties of shapes, sizes and skintones, however! Sometimes it just takes finding the right NPC to show it.

Hell, I think we technically have a mixed breed Miqo'te NPC: F'lhaminn.

Final Fantasy wikia page F'lhaminn Wrote:F'lhaminn is a character from Final Fantasy XIV. She is a member of the Miqo'te and was raised as a Seeker of the Sun, though her physical attributes suggest a mixing with Keepers of the Moon somewhere in her family tree.

RE: Hello Everyone! o/ - SicketySix - 10-27-2015

I know the WoL is a big no-no for regular RP, but I have thought it would be fun to RP with say another friend as in you both was WoL. Kinda like you two vs the world kinda thing.

Infact if anyone ever wanted to do this, I'd be so on board and sign up immediately!

RE: Hello Everyone! o/ - Neki - 10-28-2015

(10-27-2015, 07:19 PM)Warren Castille Wrote: Being a part of the Scions is a little tricky. Most of their recruited forces get slaughtered in the MSQ and aside from the Big Named Folks it's sort of implied the Crystal Braves nonsense would further complicate things.

It's possible, but the vast majority of roleplayers I'm aware of skirt the main character stuff. Just having survived the incidents as they happened would put you in regular contact with several important NPCs and that's mind-shattering for regular folks.
I had a feeling it was not too common due to fact it is tied to MSQ. I know several times the Scions were attacked but perhaps Neki could be out of the base doing something when these said incidents happened. I know I will have to tread lightly but my heart is so set on her being a Scion I can't think of no other place I want her to be. Plus Neki would be more on the side anyway when certain events happened like...not following Alphinaud, Tataru and WoL to Ishagard and staying behind in-case the other Scions returned or something...
(10-27-2015, 07:19 PM)Unnamed Mercenary Wrote: Hiya! Welcome to the RPC! 

2) This...is trickier. While not particularly common in the community here, there's nothing stopping a person from having the Echo and being a Scion. In fact, this was all the 1.0 Main Character had been. (Before Warrior of Light was even a thing!). Generally, when I see people ask about the Echo, I ask this: Does having the Echo greatly affect your character? Has it modified her motivations or skills? Generally, if it's being used just as having extra powers, people will shy away from it. If there's character growth beyond "/em does ______ because she has the Echo", people are more likely to go with it.
I'm glad Seeker-Keeper hybrids are accepted! I'm still figuring out how to incorperate the Echo since I don't want her to be over-powered at all. Though I was thinking for her to have it since she was a little girl kinda like Yasyle. She will only have the Echo not the blessing.
(10-27-2015, 07:26 PM)Garalona Wrote: Welcome, and let me just say Keeper-Seeker hybrids are awesome! I hope to see you around in game!
Yay! Glad it's awesome! Sadly I'm on Behemoth.... Sad
(10-27-2015, 07:27 PM)Edgar Wrote: Hell, I think we technically have a mixed breed Miqo'te NPC: F'lhaminn.

Final Fantasy wikia page F'lhaminn Wrote:F'lhaminn is a character from Final Fantasy XIV. She is a member of the Miqo'te and was raised as a Seeker of the Sun, though her physical attributes suggest a mixing with Keepers of the Moon somewhere in her family tree.
I know she was mixed. I just didn't follow the same naming conventions since I dislike Seeker names so I went with a more Keeper name.

Sorry for the lengthy reply. Wanted to get back with all of you who answered my questions. Thank you for answering! It was all really helpful! Big Grin

RE: Hello Everyone! o/ - Sounsyy - 10-28-2015

(10-27-2015, 07:07 PM)Neki Wrote: Is Neki being a Miqo'te hybrid alright? I took this into consideration and gave her Seeker features due to the fact in the game she is a Keeper. For example Neki's skin color is pale, her hair is white, tail is long and fluffy, and her hair is more on the wavy side which Keeper Miqo'te have darker skin tones, dark hair, thin tails and hair is straight and thin.

Mixed Clan and Mixed Race mating, breeding, and offspring are canon per the devs as well as several instances of each appearing throughout the game. That said, the practice is taboo and is often met with ostracism from the couple's or offspring's clan. And many Seekers of the Sun do not take kindly to the offspring of these relationships mixing naming conventions. (But we see it a bit in game with some mixed race Miqo'te npcs.)

Fernehalwes Wrote:While not impossible (people can do what they want with their names), a Seeker of the Sun choosing his mother's name to be his last, would amount to shunning his culture and adopting the rules of the Keepers of the Moon. There will be some Seekers of the Sun who will respect this, but others who frown upon it.

(10-27-2015, 07:07 PM)Neki Wrote: I want Neki to part of the Scions of the Seventh Dawn but I look at other character wikis and I never see any of them part of it...Is it acceptable? She isn't a WoL (I know that is a no-no), but she has the Echo and she is great at combat, is that enough for her to be part of their order?

A good many people have an allergic aversion to anything relating to the main storyline because of its specialness. However, having the Echo is not an ultra rare gift. Many, many people began to develop the Echo before the Calamity in the Year 1562. Ten years later, in 1572, another wave of common people began experiencing the Echo, claiming to have witnessed a star shower (the fall of Dalamud). During these ten years, a secret organization founded by Minfilia, called the Path of the Twelve began seeking out and recruiting Echo-users to aid in the goal of finding out what exactly the Echo was and how to use it - as the Echo can manifest in several different gifts.

After surviving the Calamity, Minfilia merged her Path of the Twelve with Sharlayan's Circle of Knowing to form the Scions of the Seventh Dawn. This organization would make use of their gifts to aid the city-states in the wake of the Calamity. However, after the Warrior of Light's victory of Titan, a group of Garlean agents stormed the Waking Sands and slaughtered many (but not all!) of the Scions within. All of the former Circle of Knowing NPCs survived the raid and were taken hostage, so 100% of the casualties were people who had the Echo, many former Path of the Twelve veterans.

But again, the Echo was gifted to many people and not every member of the Path of the Twelve was killed in that Garlean raid, as evidenced by the number of people still walking around in the Waking Sands. So if you want to have the Echo and you want to be a member of the Scions of the Seventh Dawn, go for it! There's really nothing stopping you because the lore is on your side. Just maybe refrain from saying you've hung out with the Sharlayans and the Warrior of Light and you're all buddy buddy - I think that's where most people have some sort of conniption with it.

Hope this helps! ^^

RE: Hello Everyone! o/ - Oli! - 10-28-2015

It's also worth noting that:

Show Content

Regardless, welcome to the RPC!

RE: Hello Everyone! o/ - Khunbish Avagnar - 10-29-2015

Welcome and well met! I hope you have many RPs in your future of a great nature!

RE: Hello Everyone! o/ - Neki - 10-29-2015

(10-28-2015, 11:54 PM)Sounsyy Wrote: Mixed Clan and Mixed Race mating, breeding, and offspring are canon per the devs as well as several instances of each appearing throughout the game. That said, the practice is taboo and is often met with ostracism from the couple's or offspring's clan. And many Seekers of the Sun do not take kindly to the offspring of these relationships mixing naming conventions. (But we see it a bit in game with some mixed race Miqo'te npcs.)
Fernehalwes Wrote:While not impossible (people can do what they want with their names), a Seeker of the Sun choosing his mother's name to be his last, would amount to shunning his culture and adopting the rules of the Keepers of the Moon. There will be some Seekers of the Sun who will respect this, but others who frown upon it.

Hope this helps! ^^
Thank you for the links regarding what the Devs have said about mixed races! I tried to do as much research as I could regarding it. I will add it to what I had found!
Also thank you for all the info of The Path of Twelve too! I never played 1.0 so all I know is what I could find from wikis. If you have anything else on it I couldn't find then please let me know! 
I didn't know the NPCs were former members, I always wondered who they were but when I was leveling I forgot to talk to them...But I am glad it is possible to be a Scion. I will try my best to not be bffs with all the Scions though is it acceptable to be closer to a few but more distant to others?
By the way all the information was helpful! Smile

(10-28-2015, 11:57 PM)Oli! Wrote: It's also worth noting that:

Show Content

Regardless, welcome to the RPC!
Thank you, glad I finally joined everyone seems really nice and helpful!
Regarding the Scions not doing much I had a feeling it won't be super crazy since I have seen the Scions just twidle their thumbs doing nothing while the WoL is always doing something though would being a adventurer and a Scion work? There is linkshells (don't know if its used in RP) so if anyone is need of assistance the remaining members could always "call" her.
(10-29-2015, 12:25 AM)Aiswynd Wrote: Welcome and well met! I hope you have many RPs in your future of a great nature!
Hello! Nice to meet you! Thank you and I hope the same to you! Big Grin