Hydaelyn Role-Players
Back... kinda... - Printable Version

+- Hydaelyn Role-Players (https://ffxiv-roleplayers.com/mybb18)
+-- Forum: RPC (https://ffxiv-roleplayers.com/mybb18/forumdisplay.php?fid=25)
+--- Forum: Welcome Desk (https://ffxiv-roleplayers.com/mybb18/forumdisplay.php?fid=10)
+--- Thread: Back... kinda... (/showthread.php?tid=14076)

Back... kinda... - Riik - 10-30-2015

I won't lie... it's been what... years? About 2? Anyhow just writing to say that I ran out of friends to RP with am slowly getting back into the swing of FFXIV RP... and given that those who I still talk to regularly are disappearing (some changing servers, others having irl crisises...? Crises...? I'll stick with crises...), I've reached a point now where I'm not gunna find anything unless I poke my nose into communities, and this is always the best place to start. XD

I know from a fact that sitting around waiting for someone to come along randomly and ask for RP doesn't work (if anyone remembers my whole shyness thing the last time I was here... well that hasn't changed XD), so this is me taking the initiative XD.

Not making any promises with regards to joining linkshells and FCs and the like... last time I was in relatively large linkshell networks, it stressed the heck out of me.

Also I want to apologise for my behaviour toward the end of my last stint with the RPC... can't recall if any of it made it onto this forum or not (or the OOC LS for that matter), but I got very depressed, even borderline-suicidal, and may or may not have made some very self-hating comments. I'm sorta better now... was on meds for a while... having therapy for anxiety... regardless, I'm in decent shape for RP.

So if anyone's looking for a young, naive and awkwardly shy Lalafell character to RP with, yeah, I'm here XD... if not... well... I'm here anyway, so there! XD

Look out for Riku Toiiku! If I'm not wearing a hat that would cause clipping, I usually have a panda on my head! I'm sure that's enough information for anyone to recognise me XD

So yeah... hi... (again)... and sorry for looooong post.

RE: Back... kinda... - Roe Dad - 10-30-2015

Welcome back!

RE: Back... kinda... - Garalona - 10-30-2015

Life happens, which I suppose is synonymous with shit happens. I've been there myself, and I know how it goes. I didn't know you before, but I hope to meet you this go around! Welcome back! Big Grin

RE: Back... kinda... - SicketySix - 10-30-2015

Can I offer some advice??

I would completely edit out that 4th paragraph. What happens in the past happens, leave it in the past and do not present it to the future. I believe everyone would accept you better if that tidbit was left out. For me it was an instant red flag.

My opinion, feel free to ignore it.

That being said, Welcome back!

RE: Back... kinda... - Riik - 10-30-2015

(10-30-2015, 09:05 AM)SicketySix Wrote: Can I offer some advice??

I would completely edit out that 4th paragraph. What happens in the past happens, leave it in the past and do not present it to the future. I believe everyone would accept you better if that tidbit was left out. For me it was an instant red flag.

I understand that issues may be raised over that, especially with those who don't know me, but the fact was that I left the community rather suddenly and had been very depressed before hand, and there may have been a few members who may have assumed the worst. Maybe it's wrong of me to do so, but I feel obliged to openly apologise (and explain what happened)... if it's at the expense of my personal image, then so be it.

Am I being naive? Maybe.

Also on another note, thanks to those who have replied so far x3

RE: Back... kinda... - SicketySix - 10-30-2015

(10-30-2015, 09:20 AM)Riik Wrote:
(10-30-2015, 09:05 AM)SicketySix Wrote: Can I offer some advice??

I understand that issues may be raised over that, especially with those who don't know me, but the fact was that I left the community rather suddenly and had been very depressed before hand, and there may have been a few members who may have assumed the worst. Maybe it's wrong of me to do so, but I feel obliged to openly apologise (and explain what happened)... if it's at the expense of my personal image, then so be it.

Am I being naive? Maybe.

Also on another note, thanks to those who have replied so far x3
Like I said, just my personal advice.Thumbsup

And I'm sure you will find the community has changed much since 2 years ago as I've already noticed a change form when I joined not to awful long ago.
Welcome back into the RP world!

RE: Back... kinda... - Duplicitous Dame - 10-30-2015

Welcome back! ^_^ 

I don't know you, or any of the stuff that happened, but it's always nice to hear when someone of our community is feeling better! If I see you around I'll drive by /poke or /wave.