Hydaelyn Role-Players
Returning to FFXIV - Printable Version

+- Hydaelyn Role-Players (https://ffxiv-roleplayers.com/mybb18)
+-- Forum: RPC (https://ffxiv-roleplayers.com/mybb18/forumdisplay.php?fid=25)
+--- Forum: Welcome Desk (https://ffxiv-roleplayers.com/mybb18/forumdisplay.php?fid=10)
+--- Thread: Returning to FFXIV (/showthread.php?tid=14108)

Returning to FFXIV - synaesthetic - 11-02-2015

Hi there. Aeriyn here.

It's been a long time since I've posted on here. I'm sure at least some of you remember me, whether the memories are good, or bad...

In the months leading up to when I quit, things weren't going well in my real life and I am sure I wasn't a very pleasant person to be around. Some folks, both in my old FC and former members of it, unfortunately got the worst of that and I am still regretting not stepping away months sooner to deal with my problems. Rather than letting them turn me into an unpleasant and awful jerk and taking it out on people I disagreed with.

Anyway. Fast forward a year or so later and minus one very abusive long-term relationship, plus finally being able to address my various health problems, I felt okay enough to play an MMO again without being a hazard to everyone around me. I've been on Mateus since the Heavensward launch, but like I mentioned, the population was just way, way too low to do what I'd like, whether it's endgame related, RP related or community related.

I'm hoping to reconnect with people I used to play with and meet new people as well. It's been over a year since I was active on Balmung, so I don't expect to see a raft of familiar names, but I suspect at least some folks are still around.

For those who don't know me, well, I'm thirty-one, a queer femme trans girl who likes to play video games to help cope with depression and anxiety. I like RPGs the best, and that of course includes MMOs. My first one was FFXI, all the way back in the dark ages of 2003. I also played WoW all the way through vanilla and most of the way through Burning Crusade (I quit right before Sunwell Plateau was added). Other MMOs I've played include Aion, The Old Republic, Guild Wars 2 and TERA. I still occasionally play Wildstar since it's gone F2P.

Outside of gaming, I'm an author. I write queer science fiction and fantasy about queer girls. I've got a good bit of work out in the wild on Amazon's Kindle Store, including three novels with a fourth one shortly on the way. I also have a few short stories published as well. Of course, since I love writing, I also love to read and I spend a lot of time with my nose stuck in other people's books as well as my own. I'm also into cooking, lolita fashion, computers and tech and various other things that may or may not be that interesting to read about.

I'm really interested in meeting other queer people on the server, especially queer women and other transfeminine people. One of the things that bothered me most about being on Mateus was being fairly isolated within the groups I was a part of, since they were all cis or straight. I'm hoping that by returning to my original server with its high population I'll be able to meet more people like me.

... Well, this got incredibly long-winded. I think I'll end it here. If you read this and remember me or just think you might want to talk or RP or dungeon together, just poke me in-game; my character's name is Aeriyn Ashley.

Thanks for reading. Smile

RE: Returning to FFXIV - Zar'ine Moks - 11-02-2015

Welcome!...back! \o/

RE: Returning to FFXIV - Madda - 11-02-2015

Welcome back, Aeri! Glad to see you've gotten out of that dark period of your life, and are on your way to go and improve your life!

Madda never knew you, but is always free to RP if you ever think of it! Throw Madda a whisper on Towering Peach, Eke Tumet, or Ushiyo Yumishi!

RE: Returning to FFXIV - Swygynwyzn - 11-02-2015

Welcome back! hope you enjoy your stay this time.

RE: Returning to FFXIV - synaesthetic - 11-02-2015

It wasn't really the game that upset me last time (though I admit trying to run such a large number of Coil groups was both stressful and ineffective), but I'm hoping things will work out better now. Thanks. Smile

RE: Returning to FFXIV - Kage - 11-02-2015

I will always remember your advice for me when trying to run BCOB Smile

I am also happy to hear that your life seems to be working out better at the moment and you feel better about returning the game.

I am not sure if your relations are burned so much but I believe Unity is still alive though I do not know of its status or environment. I've heard of YURI! but again do not know much about them either.

((If I remember correctly you were into some of the Kiseki games??? Second chapter of TitS is out! Cold Steel to come in the near future!!))

RE: Returning to FFXIV - Faye - 11-02-2015

Hey there, welcome back! Smile I don't know you, but I'm glad you're doing better! I love lolita clothes--if only I wasn't broke!

(11-02-2015, 01:00 AM)Faye Wrote: Hey there, welcome back! Smile I don't know you, but I'm glad you're doing better! I love lolita clothes--if only I wasn't broke!

You played TERA, right? On Celestial Hills?

RE: Returning to FFXIV - Unnamed Mercenary - 11-02-2015

Welcome back. I don't think we'd ever really interacted on RPC at the time, but it's good to hear that things are better now after taking a break.

You'll likely see that most of the site has remained mostly the same, but a few sections have been updated and there's been a change of staff.

If there's anything we can do to help out on the moderation team, don't hesitate to pull a few of us aside or poke us on the chat. Smile

(11-02-2015, 12:57 AM)Kage Wrote: I will always remember your advice for me when trying to run BCOB Smile

I am also happy to hear that your life seems to be working out better at the moment and you feel better about returning the game.

I am not sure if your relations are burned so much but I believe Unity is still alive though I do not know of its status or environment. I've heard of YURI! but again do not know much about them either.

((If I remember correctly you were into some of the Kiseki games??? Second chapter of TitS is out! Cold Steel to come in the near future!!))

Ah yeah! We talked BLM shop! I remember!

Thank you for your kind words. I have seen a few people with the Unity FC tag, so I'm happy the FC is still alive and well and I didn't break it completely. I literally just transferred back off of Mateus yesterday, so I don't know what's what on the server currently.

(YES I KNOW I AM SO HAPPY. I bought Trails SC on launch day. Already put a good chunk of time into it and will probably play some more tonight since I replaced my stolen gamepad! I hope I'll be able to find a Vita cheap somewhere so I can play Sen no Kiseki as well.)

RE: Returning to FFXIV - Faye - 11-02-2015

(11-02-2015, 01:02 AM)synaesthetic Wrote:
(11-02-2015, 01:00 AM)Faye Wrote: Hey there, welcome back! Smile I don't know you, but I'm glad you're doing better! I love lolita clothes--if only I wasn't broke!

You played TERA, right? On Celestial Hills?

Yep, that was me!

RE: Returning to FFXIV - Garalona - 11-02-2015

Hey there! I completely understand where you're coming from on the abusuve relationship angle. I was in one for years myself, it can really mess you up when you're already dealing with other stuff health wise, physically or emotionally.

I'm queer, though cis, and FWIW my FC is very trans friendly. I hope to see you around in game!

RE: Returning to FFXIV - Khunbish Avagnar - 11-02-2015

Greetings and welcome back! Like others, abusive (emotionally) been there, done that, repeated old hat! I'm happy to hear you've gotten out of it and gotten yourself better!

As for the rest -adjusts hat- Androgyne GrAce, not that much of that matters since I RP a Cis straight Au Ra -laughs- If you're looking for RP you can hit me up, if you're looking for a buddy and stuff for dungeons and things, that too -laughs-